WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 6 Athi River B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at Sandalwood twice, first from January 24th till the 28th for a conference nearby and then return for another 3 days in February.
During both stays, I found the Staff incredibly helpful, kind, and efficient.

When I returned the second time at Sandelwood, I had fallen a bit sick with some previous stomach problems. The staff readily responded to my need to get some ginger tea and were very efficient and considerate in making sure I got what I needed. Also, the Staff at Reception, Linda and Lillian, were always ready to assist me with phone or internet questions. Linda even helped during her day off when I had to wait for the bus from Kitengela. Each of the Staff Member and management at this hotel is excellent! They display the best customer service I have seen in any hotel I have been before anywhere in the world! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling nearby Nairobi. While Kitengela is a dusty, busy, and industrial location, ( many cements factories are located in Kitengela) being at Sandelwood is a bit of a break from that. Even if during the week-end, the hotel may host events that sometimes include loud music, the Staff is always considerate of each guest request once addressed.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
4 Thank LilianaFeb2014

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

On new years we decided to go for a swim around lunchtime while i was visiting a pal in Kitengela. We were the first in the pool but soonest we got in you could step on a piece of polythene paper n you could see that the pool wasn't that clean. The chef disappointed in terms of communication when they were out of supplies forcing us to order for wine and ate out later. All i can say is the service was owkay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Juxxkamuca
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

On a Sunday afternoon my friends and I decided to go for lunch out of town. As we drove into Kitengela, we came across Sandalwood, which looked quite nice structurally. We decided to sit by the poolside and it took a while to get some service. Once the waitress arrived she took our orders and after she brought us our beverages we didn't see her for another hour. We went to the bar several times inquiring about our food and they kept telling us it was coming. One of my friends ordered a kilo of goat meat and it barely looked like even half. It was obvious we had been conned. we found it pointless arguing with the waitress and so we just left it. Also keep in mind that the food is very expensive and not very good. It took us another hour to get the bill and once we paid we sat for another 20 minutes waiting for our change. When we finally located the waitress she assumed that the change was her tip and that's why she didn't bring back the change. We asked her for the change, which she brought grudgingly and we left without tipping her. I don't understand how the management cannot properly train their staff. One thing is clear - we are not returning to Sandalwood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

#24 of 190 in Nairobi
Grays Oak Hotel
Grays Oak Hotel
#138 of 235 in Nairobi

Been to Sandalwood Hotel & Resort - Kitengela? Share your experiences!