“Nice half day of snorkeling, kayaking and history”
Review of Aloha Kayak Co.

Aloha Kayak Co.
Big Island Keauhou Bay Kayaking and Optional Snorkeling Cave Tour
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Honalo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aloha Kayak Co. is a Hawaiian owned and operated full service kayak outfit based on the Kona coast of Big Island of Hawaii. We offer award winning kayak and snorkel tours to multiple areas of the island and are permitted by the State of Hawaii to operate in Kealakekua bay out to the Captain Cook monument. We also operate Kayak tours to the Lava tube caves of Keauhou bay, and snorkel with turtles in the City of Refuge, Honaunau bay. We offer kayak rentals and paddle board lessons and rentals too. All rentals include all proper gear and car racks for mounting on your car! Any car, convertibles too. ATT: Permits are required for some areas please call us for more info! We are open from 7:30 am to 5pm daily. Please call our office for more info about any of our services! We are Located 9 miles south of Kailua-Kona on Hwy 11 just south of the 114 mile marker. Call for further assistance.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice half day of snorkeling, kayaking and history”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We did the half day kayak trek out to the Captain Cook monument, then snorkeled for about an hour and a quarter. The Aloha team was very professional, everything was on time, the equipment was good. We enjoyed our guide, Rabbit - he gave us quite a history lesson on Captain Cook, as well as other interesting information about the geography and history. It's not a cheap trip, but it seemed a good value to us. We are fairly novice kayakers and snorkelers, so this trip was a good fit for us, and Aloha was a good choice.

Highland Village, Texas
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Great company to snorkle or kayak with”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have to give this company great reviews. I was delayed with ice storms and had to reschedule twice. They accommodated me both times and did so with no problems. They followed up with me every time I called. The service is great. I ended up being the only person going to swim with the giant Manta-rays that night and when some companies might of cancelled, they did not. I would go out with them again. I highly recommend them. - and yes the swim with the giant manta-rays was amazing!

Denver, Colorado
“What a way to spend the day”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This Kayak and snorkel tour was the best day a person could have in Hawaii. Rabbit was our tour guide during the trip and went out of his way to give us a history lesson of the Hawaiian Islands and the Cook Monument. The snorkeling was over the top, beautiful fish. All around, the perfect day. If you are heading to Hawaii I highly recommend you check out Aloha Kayak, ask for Rabbit.

Aurora, Minnesota
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Cave Tour pretty lame”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Was excited to go snorkeling and kayaking for my first time and was extremely let down. Wasn't much fault of company or guide but doesn't change my experience. The waves were rough so couldn't even go into the cave. Even if the waves were calm the cave only goes in about 30 feet which is much less then I expected. The water we snorkeled in was not clear and too deep "30-40 feet deep". During the snorkeling I probably seen 4 fish. I bought a snorkel mask from walmart for $15 and went to Honaunau Bay and seen hundreds of fish which was free and 10x more fun. The guide was really nice but the tour was terrible. I highly advise against the Cave tour, I hear the other spots they offer actually have fish you can see.

1 Thank Dan J
Denver, Colorado
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fantastic snorkeling and history!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Ask for Cricket and Rabbit (seriously these are the guys nicknames).... They were excellent! Learned a lot of the history from the Hawaii perspective as well (most books don't give you their point of view).