“I Thought I Was in Ireland!”

St. Stephen's Green Publick House
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Stephen's Green Publick House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
“I Thought I Was in Ireland!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Ate here on a cold winter day. Had dinner but their menu has portions great and almost great in size. Had their bangers and mash which was excellent. Over a dozen beers on draft with all the Irish ones! Very friendly staff. It really looked like a bit of Ireland! Frequented by locals which made me think I was watching a scene from "Cheers"! Good food, good beer, good experience!

• Visited November 2012

Ocean, New Jersey
“Love this place”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is an Irish pub that actually feels a little Irish. The Guinness is excellent and the food is great, especially for meat eaters. Entrees are between $18-30, and the helpings are huge. This is one of my favorite places, as I have never been disappointed. They also have traditional live Irish music some nights.

• Visited October 2012
Ocean Grove
“Great Live Music on Tuesday Nights”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great music on Tuesday nights, very upscal Irish Pub look, pretty good food and of course Guinness on tap!!!

Visited August 2012
Pennsylvania
“Nice Pub with Good Grub!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My Family enjoy a tasty bowl of soup and a good sandwhich and St. Stephen's has many delightful choices, offering a side salad with both hot and cold sandwhiches instead of fries. Their version of "French Onion" soup is a tasty concoction, using ale and wexford chedder in the preperation. The potato leek is also a good choice, a creamier, more delicate execution than the typical chunky potato soups you might have had.
I have not had the opportunity to experience a musical act, but would love to and enjoy a pint or two. We have had dinner once, enjoying a generous portion of well prepared Guinness Beef Stew and excellent crab cakes. It can be noisy and crowed in season and on Friday nights throughout the year, which may be why we often go for a late lunch.
At our visit today, our waitress was lovely and efficient, once the hostile hostess finally gave her the memo we had arrived. I wondered if this frowning, unpleasant young woman was just having a bad day, but she did not say hello or enjoy your meal- she said nothing and we waited about 10 minutes util our server arrived- it was not busy at all, so we were perplexed. Nonetheless, we had a nice meal.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BJMtrip
madison NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good time, good food!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Atmosphere hits you as you walk in! Then look at those tap beer choices! I can never find 'Kilkenny', it's here on tap.....Sit, have a great meal.
Absolutely not your average bar food. Last time I was there I had the corned beef reuben, a classic, done really well!.....sit at the bar for another pint, talk craic, and listen to some good live music.....outstanding place!

• Visited August 2012