“Best hotel, far center”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alvsjo
Poznan, Poland
“Best hotel, far center”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were at the hotel three nights. Before the Christmas period there is here a nice, festive atmosphere. Perfect breakfast which long time forget. Very friendly service. It is a pity that each room has its bathroom. We will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mery_master

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The Hotel is situated around 9km outside the centre. But with only a few minutes walk from the train station you will be at the central station in 10 minutes. The first impression is very bad as you have to enter a building which is in a bad state but once you enter the 3rd floor, a clean and spacy reception welcomes you. There are two types of rooms, a shared version as well as the standard rooms (with own bathroom). Rooms are modern and clean, breakfast is continental. Overall, for a young couple, a grop or a young family an acceptable choice.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a standard room, not the cheaper option with shared bath.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ulrike_Christian
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We booked this hotel through hotwire so we paid a bit less than the typical rate.

When you exit Alvsjo station, turn right and continue straight on for about 5 minutes. You'll see a vertical "Connect" sign on the side of the hotel building. The 24hr reception is on the 3rd floor and doubles as a bar.

Our room was a standard double consisting of bunk beds, a desk and chair, a wardrobe and a tv. The rooms are very small but we didn't find it claustrophobic. Bathrooms are located at regular intervals along the hall and are spotlessly clean. We were here for 4 nights and I have no real complaints, except my bed wasn't made when I got to the room. As it was the top bunk, it was tricky to make it myself. (It was clean and the sheets had been folded in preparation to be put on the bed.The other was made so I assume someone just forgot).

Breakfast was decent: cereals, juices, breads, cheeses, meats. We ate in the restaurant one night and were quite happy with what we got for the price.

There is a supermarket right next door for anything else you might need.

We were definitely in the minority as english speakers but all the staff had great english. This is primarily a business hotel and we were there as tourists but there was a friendly vibe to the place.

Wifi for rooms is 100kr for 24hrs or there is a computer available at reception to use for 10minute intervals.

I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank WannabeBallerina
Umea, Sweden
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It is an inexpensive hotel for beeing in Stockholm, it is close to the International Fairs and to the commuter station. Rooms are okey but can be noisy if they are on the side towards the commuter trains. They neigbourhood is really boring. Breakfast is nothing fancy for being in Sweden. They are charging extra for internet connection. Regardless of all this, I will stay here more times since the price is so good.Check-in was fast and the staff that I have met where nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room located away from the commuter trains.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank buzztr
Birmingham UK
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in February of this year and was very impressed with it for the price. For £65/night we had a well sized room with a comfy bed, desk, t.v and a wet room. The decor in the room was simple but stylish and the hotel itself was clean, tidy and all staff were very helpful. The breakfast was a simple continental but adequate. This hotel is situated a 10 minute train ride outside of central Stockholm but this was no bother as the trains run every few minutes throughout the day and well into the night and are safe to use in my experience. If i went back to Stockholm I'd happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a normal room with windows not a 'quick sleep' room that doesn't have...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank home-sweet-brum
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights in September 2011 alone (23 yr old girl). I was visiting friends who had just moved to Sweden and they had left over prebooked nights from when they had first arrrived in the country, which was the sole reason for me ending up staying here to use up their remaining nights
I have mixed views on Connect Hotel Stockholm.
The hotel was amazing - dont be fooled by the exterior. It is a seemingly random building on a random street near the railway tracks, looks average. But once you step out the lift on the 3rd floor, reception is a modern, funky lounge. The rooms seem new and modern too.
There was free internet at reception.
The room was a decent size, very clean, the beds big and comfy. A desk,chair, suitcase rack, hanging space, nice open cupboard space, full length mirror with plug point nearby to allow for easy hair blowdrying with the mirror ;)
I stayed in a proper double room with windows and an ensuite - NOT one of those other windowless type rooms they offer.
The bathroom was large, nice shelf for toiletries, big shower, best part - heated towel rail! great for warm towels and to dry underwear you washed in the basin.
Breakfast good - tea, coffee, juice, yogurt, cereal, rolls, ham, cheese, crackers, nice raisin rolls, i think there was pickles and other food I wouldnt normally choose to eat on the buffet. The breakfast room is quite small, but modern and simplistic, eat at a table by the window.
One nice touch was take-away mugs- so you could make coffee to take with you. just be warned it ends pretty promptly at 10am.
So a modern, clean, fun hotel.

Cons- well Stockholm is expensive!!!! but you are paying quite a lot to Not be in Stockholm... like I say, I stayed there due to unusual circumstances, but would have tried harder to match the room rate closer to the city if I was paying myself.
which leads me to location. the hotel is in Alsvjo, south of Stockholm city.
Time to get to the city all depends on how well you take note of the commuter train schedule (that is the S train). You have to walk from the hotel to the station - its about 10 mins down the road to get to the tracks (felt safe, but at night its dark and quiet). then its an S train to T-Centralen, then walk through the station to change to the metro/ or leave for the bus/walking etc. So if you miss the S train, you have to wait 20 mins for the next one, and later at night I think they come once every 40 mins. So take serious note of the departure times from T-Centralen and from Alsjvo so that you not sitting on the tracks waiting. Sometimes it took 35 mins if i was lucky, otherwise almost an hour to get to the destination you want on the metro in the city.
You also go out for the day - you wouldnt come back to your hotel in the evening to change before going for dinner or anything like that- too far and too many logistics. I was lucky it never rained to hard, but also wouldnt want to walk from Alsvjo station to the hotel in the rain. I think there is a bus from the station, but dont know how close to the hotel it stops.
there also arent too many restaurants near the hotel. eat in stockholm, or at the hotel, you wont find much in Alsjvo.

Having said all that, I cannot fault Connect Hotel Stockholm- they were great, staff very accommodating in allowing me to change dates so many times,very efficient with communication, the accommodation was excellent. The only thing I would consider carefully would be location. if you there for long, then go for it, your days arent as precious and u can spend time on the commute (which is covered on travel perk of Stockholm Card). If you there for a short trip stay in Stockholm itself, the commute will use your precious sightseeing time! try another connect hotel branch then

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the gym. I was on top of it and could hear Swedish trance music in my ear from 6...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank TessaClare
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2011

While touring Scandinavia, my friend and I stayed four nights in a "Standard Twin Room" at the Connect Hotel Stockholm in Älvsjö, August 14-18. If I returned to Sweden, I would definitely stay here again.

My favorite part was the complementary buffet-style breakfast. Food in Sweden is expensive, so as someone with a big appetite, this was a wonderful way to start my day. They served coffee, juice, hot chocolate, various cereals, yogurt, bread, crackers, liver pate, cold cuts, tomato, cucumber, cantaloupe, and more. Factoring in the delicious free meal, this place is a bargain compared with anything else.

As to be expected with a European budget hotel, our room was small, but not uncomfortably so. Although I'm tall, and a light sleeper, I didn't find the beds uncomfortable. The rooms were clean and the desk staff was polite.

The hotel is away from the main city, but a short walk from the Älvsjö train station. This wasn't a problem since we purchased a weekly transit pass (7-day SL travel card, see "Public transport in Stockholm" on Wikipedia for more info). The commute into the city was a pleasant ten-minute ride, with roughly twelve minutes between trains. One night we had to take a taxi back because the trains stopped for the night. (Last train leaves roughly 11:30pm if I remember correctly.)

The hotel is inside a warehouse-type building, and you have to take an elevator up to the correct floor. From the outside it looks sketchy, and it was confusing to find our way inside, but once you get in, it's very nice with fancy modern-style decorations.

I have two minor gripes:

They charge for wireless Internet. I don't recall the price, but it was more than I wanted to pay. To their credit, they have one public Internet-connected computer running Windows XP, with a 10-minute-per-session time limit. Most such public computers I've seen are loaded with malware, but superficially at least, this one seemed relatively secure, wiping all files after each session. (Still, be sure to change your passwords afterwards, just in case!) Usually I only had to wait about five minutes to get on.

The coffee mugs were dark-colored, and the inside of most cups was crusty with coffee/chocolate powder. I had to search through several mugs before I found one which looked clean.

I would rate them 4.5 if I could. If they offered complementary wireless, I would give them 5. For an efficiency hotel, this place is excellent!

Room Tip: Although I didn't see any of the "Quick Sleep" rooms, I'm guessing it was worth th...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ben M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alvsjo
Hotel Alvsjo
The Red Boat Hotel & Hostel
#92 of 157 in Stockholm
Hotell Dialog
#111 of 157 in Stockholm

Been to Connect Hotel Stockholm? Share your experiences!