“Paradise found...”
Review of Finca La Maroma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedella
Finca La Maroma
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Without doubt this is the best gay guesthouse I have stayed at. Everything about it is perfect from the beautiful location in the mountains north of Malaga, the always refreshing swimming pool, and of course the wonderful hosts Mark and Tom (and their great helper Jonathan) who simply go out of their way to truly make you feel at home. A week here went far too quickly and I shall certainly miss the nightly G & T's on the terrace watching the amazing sunsets, swimming naked under a starry sky at midnight and the wonderful convivial communal poolside dinner which is a great way to get to know the other guests and make friends. If you want a true get-away-from-it-all retreat in a stunning location, then Finca La Maroma is hard to beat. I shall certainly be a regular visitor.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Finca La Maroma

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Having visited the finca 5 times already I really didn't think the hosts (Tom and Mark) could improve the place much more. Having just returned from my 6th visit, they've proved me wrong. I went for the 'Breathing the Sun' men's week long yoga retreat and came home feeling refreshed and revitalised.

Great company, great yoga instruction all in a superb environment. The 2 hour daily morning yoga classes were held in a studio overlooking the Spanish hills making for perfect relaxation! David the yoga instructor was experienced, fun and adapted to the mixed abilities of the participants. Opportunity for early evening Swedish massage classes complimented my newly achy muscles perfectly! With ample time outside of the yoga schedule for relaxing around the newly renovated pool and terraces and socialising with the other guests, I truly had an amazing time.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Finca la Maroma for any future yoga retreats they hold! I'll be back...

Room Tip: I have stayed in various rooms at the finca and each has it's own individual charm.
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Just came back from one week at Finca La Maroma and simply the warmheated good by kept me sad - because I felt like leaving a family when the owners and other guests waved their hand when I left by car.

Indeed: This guesthouse is something very special und inimitable: The welcoming owner`s Mark and Tom with the lovely Labrador Nancy made this palce a wonderful place, just more than words can say. And it attracts nice and individual guest so if you want you can get soon very close and get new friends, especially at the unique delicious dinner in the eveining, which is prepared time by time. I reall felt at home from the first moment, other guest helped me as well as the helper Jonathan.

The ambience is so nice and clean - and its so quite since there is nothing around so I could totally relax - more then any other holiday I remember. If you are in to music at the pool or "happenings" then better lock for another place. This does not mean that he had no fun, on the opposite, never I laughed so much with people I have never met before or had so deep and intensive talks as if we were friends since a long time.
I booked a full week with naked Yoga and lessons in Swedish massage - and this was the highlight on top of all.

Thank you guys for giving me this wonderful new experience and definitely you will have me back soon!

Many hugs,
b.

I only can recommend this place from the inside of my heart

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Finca la Maroma is a real treat. Beautiful setting, absolute peace, excellent dinners, 2 lovely hosts, 1 fab dog, and fun guests.
Go and enjoy, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: All rooms have distant views
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you're after Spanish sun in stylish and relaxed surroundings, then beat a path to Finca La Maroma, about an hour's drive from Málaga airport. The Finca has a commanding view over the dramatically undulating landscape of Andalusia, and hosts Tom and Mark ensure a warm welcome. The studios are beautifully, if simply, decorated and everything is provided if you don't plan to budge an inch during your stay (there's a fridge, stove, pots and pan and everything you could need), but Mark and Tom throw dinners a couple of times a week which are convivial occasions. The bathrooms are modern and nicely appointed and have terrific showers. A large pool is encircled with sun-loungers and you can work hard on your all-over tan, punctuated with a cold drink from the honesty bar. The atmosphere is relaxed , and you'll leave having made some good new friends and probably anxious to book your next visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamesfalcon
Reviewed July 10, 2012

The perfect getaway for anyone who wants to have solitude, glorious vistas, an oasis of a swimming pool, and clean comfortable self-catering accommodation. Great place to chill out or as a base to explore the region around Malaga. Tom and Mark, the hosts, do a great job settling guests in and making them feel at home. A special dinner for guests on our first night provided high quality home-cooked cuisine and local wines. As you approach the Finca, you can feel the stress of the world fall away. A wonderful part of our recent European holiday.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in a superior studio. We liked the place very much, on the other hand we missed something.. We found out what it was: there is no airconditioning in the studio's and there is no what we call, hotel service (daily cleaning, daily fresh towels, breakfast).

Beside of this everything is fine. Nice and good quality beds (the beds in the superior room are bigger), very good rain showers with enough pressure on the water, very nice pool, nice sunbeds, nice jacuzzi (sauna only for colder nights).

Nice honesty bar with very reasonable prices. Terrace very nice views for all studio's.

Tom and Mark are very kind and will help you with what they can. Very good advice and so on.

People must realize that nearest restaurants are 20 minutes by car (for that reason it is good that you are in a studio)...!

Conclusion for us: we will come back when there is airconditioning in the studio and hotel service (breakfast, daily cleaning with daily fresh towels and so on). Thanks Mark en Tom and all the best!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johan3

Been to Finca La Maroma? Share your experiences!