“A pleasant Experience”

Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel
Brisbane, Australia
“A pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife chose this hotel due to it offering a dinner, room and breakfast special. The service was excellent, the food very good and the over all experience very good. Would recommend this hotel for people wanting to be looked after well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GatewayMonash, Manager at Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We are pleased that you have enjoyed our 'weekend get away package'. We are happy that you made use of all the facilities on offer including our restaurant. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, it is close to the Monash University. Easy to find and and close enough to the main arterial roads for the trip back to the airport. Very clean, comfortable and the food is excellent. Normally I use the restaurant but this time I had room service which was just as good. Staff are lovely and very welcoming. I can highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: I stayed in room number 10, very quite and you can park your car just outside.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sale, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I believe you would have to go a long way to find a hotel where you are made to feel more welcome. I am a frequent guest, and have stayed in many hotels in different locations, and am sure the staff are what makes the visit pleasant and enjoyable. Everyone at Gateway on Monash gives you the best service possible. It is professional and efficient, and is friendly and welcoming at all times. The facilities are all that you would want in any motel. The whole motel is kept very well, with rooms being very clean, comfortable, and well appointed. The bar and restaurant offer a terrific atmosphere, and the food and service is always excellent. The management and staff are to be congratulated on the way they present this motel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter. Larger rooms offer more space and separate bedrooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hi David, Thank you for reviewing both hotel and restaurant facilities. It is an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us on your business trips. It has been week in week out since 2005, I think you are our best judge!!! Thanks once again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks and I can comfortable say this hotel is of a very high standard, very comfortable and very clean. Most of all the athmosphere of this place is made by the people who work there. To mention the manager of the hotel, Olga and the reseptionist Newsha and all the others who I don't know all by name. The restaurant here provides amazing meals, prepared by Chef Laurent the food is presented beautifully and is delicious. Simple Ceaser salad, was presented beautifully.
I was away from home for 3 weeks, here I felt at home and surrounded by friends. Thank you to all the staff for making my stay so wonderfull.

Room Tip: room 11 was my home for 3 weeks
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here many times and never took the time to write a review, we are very quick to give our feedback when we are not satisfied but not so quick to compliment. I looked through the last couple of reviews and completely disagree. The place is very cozy, comfortable and the staff are very friendly and professional. Yes there is no lift and you do need to take your own bags upstairs but the staff are more than happy to assist, on my first visit I had a room upstairs and they organised for my bags to be taken up within 5 minutes of check in (a lot faster than a place with a porter). On my next visit I didn't even have to ask for a ground floor room, they already had it down as my preference. This is a corporate property, with all the essentials - when you stay hare make sure you take advantage and use all the facilities the restaurant serves divine food, and the cozy lounge area is perfect for winter evenings to enjoy a glass of wine by the fire. The rooms are of a very good size and very well lit, there is wireless internet in all guest rooms (at a fee, which is a bit on the high side but this is the case in most places). It is not a modern hotel, but it is not old, it has a lot of character which they are clearly trying to keep. There are different levels of corporate rates, I think it depends on the volume of travel. My company uses this place a lot and we get a rate which is great value and includes breakfast. I would not stay anywhere else, thank you to the staff for making my stays really feel like home away from home.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed here while visiting Monash on business. This is an old "motel" not a boutique hotel. The entrance to the room was from a balcony overlooking a parking lot. They still use old fashioned keys! The room was clean and functional, but nothing special. The decor is rather old and tired looking, and noise from the busy Blackburn Road can be heard in the room. Besides the bed, there is a beat up table for a "desk" and a small couch. The restaurant ("Verona") provided a decent breakfast of cereal and toast. Dinner, on the other hand, seemed overpriced for the quality and service provided. $30 entrees and $8 for a glass of modest quality wine. There aren't really any shops, cafes or restaurants within walking distance, so options are limited.

They charged me something like $20/day for internet (what a ripoff). The lobby staff were friendly and offered me an umbrella for my walk to Monash. All in all, it is a place to sleep and is close to the university, but I would't stay here again unless I had no other choice.

1 Thank drmolecule
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Work brings me to Gateway on Monash each week. Located close to the M1 it is easy to get to from the airport. As it is a boutique hotel, their facilites can not be compared to the large city hotels. However they provide the most professional service I have ever received, everything is always on time; room service, newspapers, taxis. It makes it so easy to travel! Great steaks too!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Clayton Monash Motor Inn & Serviced Apartments
Punthill Oakleigh
Punthill Oakleigh
#1 of 1 in Oakleigh

Been to Gateway on Monash Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!