“Wonderful drive, beautiful scenery!!”
Review of Slea Head Drive

Dingle and Blasket Visitor Center Tour from Killarney
$502.23*
Dingle and Slea Head Drive Private Tour from Cork
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic drive from Dingle Town to the Dingle Peninsula and back.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We spent a good part of the day taking this wonderful drive around the Dingle Peninsula. We got lucky with the weather and the sun was out for a good part of our drive. We had rented a car for the time we were in Kerry and I would highly recommend it as it was so nice to be able to stop off and take in the sights on our own time. Be aware though that the roads are narrow and in places, just plain scary. If you have anyone with you who is prone to carsickness be prepared to take it slow as there are numerous turns, twists, and hills. It is well worth the effort though because the views are fantastic!!! I think we spent about 5 hours in total driving and seeing what there was to see. There are some places to stop and use the restroom as well as get something to eat and the town of Dingle has a supermarket for snacks and several pub type places to get a full meal if desired.

1  Thank J P

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Slea Head Drive is one of the most beautiful views in Ireland. I have made two trips to Ireland and I was just as excited the second time to see this area as I was the first. The first time I was with a small tour group so the bus could only stop in certain areas for photo opportunities. The second time I was with friends and we had rented a car so we had several changes to stop and just take in the scenery and take lots of photos. If you go to any part of Ireland this is a must see area to visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Both the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula are worth driving however the Slea Head drive has some of the prettiest scenery in Ireland. Driving is easy but there are portions if the road that is single line only. A great trip and well worth the drive

2  Thank George C
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Do it, do it, do it. No question. Gorgeous nature. Wonderful cliffs and ocean views. Do it, do it, do it.

2  Thank lewisstruppi
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I can only repeat what all other reviewers have written - beautiful views! I thought I would be rather nervous with the drive on a narrow road, but we experienced next to no traffic and had the road to ourselves. There are many places along the drive where you can pull off and park and get out and take photos. Again, I can only repeat what everyone else has written - Slea Head Drive has to be one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland. Park often, get out and enjoy!

2  Thank cmp618