“Unbelievably yummy”

L'Escale
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Meximieux
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ideal for your business lunches, groups or to have a break around a cake shop(pastry) house or to have an apéritif, the restaurant The stopover welcomes you to Meximieux throughout the day in a space with 2 rooms and a terrace in the peace.
Reviewed October 31, 2016 via mobile

So like most of the tourists here, I came here after my visit at Perouges. The restaurants at Perouges were closed, so I came here based on reviews, and absolutely didn't regret it. The plat du jour was curry chicken with mixed rice, and it was soooo good.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Been there for a lunch. Pleasant interiors, quality food, fast and courteous service. And the prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank Timofey V
Reviewed June 14, 2015

We happened upon this l'Escale on the way to Perouges. It seemed unassuming at first, but as we walked in, we were greeted by a surprisingly spacious and very full restaurant. The service was lovely and relaxed but the real star is the food which was truly wonderful. We ate a fantastic lunch and spent a leisurely afternoon in Perouges. A great experience.

Date of visit: March 2015
4  Thank BlackJoke
Reviewed May 9, 2015 via mobile

We had the 29€ menu and it was very tasty and filling. 3 courses, all very fresh. The duck was huge and the cheesecake very good. Highly recommended!

3  Thank ynovella
Reviewed April 8, 2015

I went to L'ESCALE in the mid of March and have a great experience there. The atmosphere is great with warm decorations. The young chef has sweet smile and of caurse cook delicious food. I've ordered fried frog lags cooked with garlic and some other spices (I'm not professional...). Frog lags tasted just like juicy soft chicken even they're fried. My friend ordered fish with some vegetables she loves it, too. If I have chance to visit Lyon again, I would like to visit L'ESCALE to taste different type of cuisine. :)

Date of visit: March 2015