“Sandboarding, Wakeboarding & Waterskiing”

Sunday's River Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer 3 hour Sandboarding tours on the Sunday's River dune fields which includes All equipment, boat transfer across the Sunday's River to the dunes and lessons. We also offer river cruise along the Sundays River and a variety of Watersports. Please visit our website for more information. Enjoy a FUN filled day in the sun with Sandboarding Sunday's River! Discounts for large groups and customizable tours offered. Two hour quad biking tours can be arrange as well as water skiing, wake-boarding, tubing and river cruises. Life's FUN catch a tan today :)
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Highly recommend spending a morning or afternoon with Karl on the Sundays River trying your hand at sandboarding the amazing dunes - so much fun!! Karl also offers Wakeboarding and Waterskiing which was a massive bonus as I love water sports and I'd always wanted to give wakeboarding a go!! Karl's a great teacher with loads of patience but gives great advice that it's not long at all before you're up and going! Perfect activity to add to your holiday if you stopping there to visit Addo National Park or Schotia Game Reserve or staying at Dungbeetle River Lodge - book an extra night and make most of all the activities in this area while on holiday and definitely book in with Karl for some activities on teh Sundays River.
Thanks so much Karl for taking us out for an action packed morning on the Sundays River!!! We absolutely loved it!!! If we're back in SA we'll be sure to come back again. Brilliant!!

Sandboarding, Owner at Sunday's River Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

;) Nats and her friends were great fun and I really enjoyed teaching them how to wake-board and sand-board, thanks for being awesome and I hope to see you back soon!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"mouth"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Sandboarding is an awesome experience. If you haven't done it yet, go and do it!! Sandboarding at Sundays River is based on a Rivermouth with an awesome view and huge sand dunes. Karl is a really nice person and you definitely have a lot of fun there!

1  Thank Felix2987

Felix and his friends were great fun and had a beautiful day on the dunes Sandboarding. A great day was had by all and I look forward to having them back in the near future! Safe travels :)

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Where do I start,
In Feb this year my family and I were fortunate enough to return to South Africa for a wedding and well deserved family holiday.

During this time we ventured to a little village on the eastern cape called Colchester where we met Bertie & Maggie Van Deventer.

My wife and I were guests of Bertie and Maggie 2 years earlier whilst staying in Addo Afrique.

On meeting Bertie & Maggie we were introduced to the "Maggie May"
The maggie may is a beautiful african style boat "a floating lappa" I called it, set on the tranquil Sunday's River.

We spent countless hours cruising the river, drifting away into the sunset,
Upstream into the green nature set delights that the river can offer or alternatively sailing down to the white sand dune laden river mouth of the Indian ocean.

I may sound rather biase here as we have met Bertie Maggie and their welcoming family before, However my challenge to you would be, drift on the river into the sunset with the one you love, with a nice glass of red of course, i dare you not to be touched by the experiance.

As in the title of this review, I could only refer to my experience as soul cleansing and most certainly something I will remember the rest of my life.

Regards,
Tom, Brenda, Claire & Nicola Galloway.

1  Thank Bigtamis
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Had such a great time at Addo and Schotia. Peter our guide knew just where to go to find the animals. Saw so many elephants of all sizes at the waterholes, zebras, giraffes, lions asleep by the road and even 'out on the prowl' in the darkness. Lovely food and good company - the whole experience is real value for money.