Just returned from two week break with the family ( 2 young children). Apartment- 1 bedroom with sofa bed. Room was very nice and lovely presented on arrival with petals on the bed, sparkling wine and water for the children. Bedroom v.nice, although matress was very hard preferred sofa bed much more comfortable. Added bonus was spa bath. Staff very friendly and approachable. cleaned room everyday and plenty of fresh towels and bath robes. We did use the signs on door to apartment ( i.e please clean room or do not disturb) and whilst we did sometime asked not to be disturbed ( i.e. if kids were still asleep in bed, staff seemed to ignore the signs and knock in any event!).
Pool large size and kids enjoyed spending most days in pool. Like any holiday destination, usual folk got up early to put towels on sunbeds every day. that's only grip had really, not enough beds to amount of people staying at facility. Having said that did have own sunbeds on terrace to apartment so wished folks who wanted to burn themselves in sun would have done so in thier apartment as opposed to taking up room near pool etc.
Food- only dined three times in restaurant- kids meals good portion and included drink and ice-cream in price. Food was ok, not exceptional. We did chose to pay for the BBQ which is every Saturday, and paid quite a lot of money but was disappointed with the with food.
Plenty of meat, few bits of salad and pasta. Was disappointed that salad, picky bits were not covered up ( from insects etc) and were just on open table outside main entrance, would have been better on table inside or at least covered. Plently of selection of meat, but it did put us off when we saw one of the chefs using the same tool to touch raw meat as he did when picking up cooked meat! Luckily none of us were ill as a result, but would be interesting to know if anyone was ill after BBQ. Having said that we had free drinks with the meal, and entertainment was great!.
Free bus service available, however, only at certain times- hotel should look at making times and places of drop off more desirable! one particular bus driver didn't know how to use a break ! and well we avoided taking the bus when knew he was on shift!
Overall we had really good holiday and would consider staying here again, but would probably stay at max only a week, and possible hire a car so as to save money on taxi fares.(approx 7euro one way!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Regency Country Club is an exclusive hotel in Tenerife. The hotel enjoys a privileged location in the south of the island of Tenerife, Canary Islands, in the residential area of Chayofa(Arona). Regency Country Club is only 5 minutes away from Los Cristianos and the renowned Playa de las Vistas beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mirai, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Regency Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regency Country Club Hotel Chayofa
- Regency Los Cristianos
- Regency Country Hotel
- Regency Country Club Tenerife, Canary Islands