“Loved It Loved It Loved It”

Legend Garden Condos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lower Carlton
Fredericton, Canada
“Loved It Loved It Loved It”
Reviewed April 18, 2009

We absolutely loved the stay here. Bird and Delia, along with the great staff, make it what it is. They treat you like family and are always willing to help you out with anything. We travelled with our 7 month old and 4 1/2 year old. They had a blast. Great pool complete with hungry monkeys near sunset and the Mullins Beach, one of the nicest on the west coast of the island is only a short walk away.

Our two bedroom condo had a full kitchen which was great with the kids and we loved having the comfortable outdoor patio for dining and relaxing. We had plenty of room for the 4 of us.

My favorite part was the chats/mealtime in the evening. A BBQ in the garden was often the meeting place for guests and our hosts in the evening. Bird always had an interesting slice of life to share and even made sure we all feasted on breadfruit with dinner one evening. They are the sweetest couple. We will definitely be returning.

Note for people travelling with children: There are restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance but with small children and the intermittent Barbados sidewalks, it was a little challenging. It's helpful to rent a car if you have small kids.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank StJFamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Montreal
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Don't come hear if your an all inclusive type of traveller. There is no glitz & glam at this estate . you will have to walk a whole 300 steps to get to the most beautiful beach around and there is only one channel on t.v. If you can get past these subtle issues, well then this place is for you. this place is a "shangrilla ", tucked away in a garden of plush greenery,you have everything you will ever need on this holiday less the stress of all inclusive resorts or hotels. Rooms are large, clean and functional, furniture and decor are dated but tasteful . It's safe and very private . The owners,Dalia and Alex (ie: Bird ) are simply amazing, the friendliest and most generous people I have come across is a long time, they will make your stay extraordinary, just ask and you shall recieve. i will never forget the 10 days I spent at the Legends . I recommend this place to everyone >

Bravo Dalia and Bird

Franco & Friends

• Liked — safety cleanliness and staff
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank FrancoC
manchester
Reviewed September 25, 2008

I'm not usually the type of person who participates in on-line reviews and such matters but the review from cocollcha has inspired me to contribute.

Cocollcha's review smacked more of an advert for another establishment (which I am familiar with and consider to be a basic shed) and having read it just before my stay I was slightly concerned.

In my opinion the Legend Gardens are simply wonderful. They are not marble furnishings and everything else one would expect in any bland hotel chain but a real Bajan feel decorated in keeping with Bajan culture.

The murals in the apartments are delightful, in keeping with local scenes. They are comfortably furnished, mine had a huge king-size bed, mosquito net over the bed, tv with local channel, clean bathroom.

The wardrobes were hand made and quaint (I have yet to find MFI, DFS or B&Q on the Island so flat-pack is out).

The verandah kitchen was great; huge fridge, oven, hob, breakfast bar, stools and a wicker settee on which to enjoy evening cocktails, listening to the local wildlife.

No-one forces you to 'join in the group activities'. For goodness sake the 'excursion' I went on was to a local fish-fry - not the tourist one at Oistins, but a tiny village further up the west coast where I enjoyed the best fresh fish I've ever tasted. No 'holiday camp' atmosphere or 'rest home outing' in sight.

Delia and Bird are wonderful hosts, as stated by all bar one of the reviews. They go out of their way to help you but are not in your face. The staff they employ are genuinely friendly and after a couple of days

I felt as if I was a house-guest, completely free to partcicpate in the couple of activities that were arranged, often 'on the hoof'' e.g. Bird and Delia were going into Holetown one evening and simply said to people 'do you want to tag along'

The swimming pool is amazing; surrounded with coconut trees, never crowded (how can it be with so few guests), and a lovely place to play 'spot the monkey' at sunset.

The location on Mullins is perfect and I cannot fault the other reviewers, bar the last one, who seems to have written a spiteful article in order to promote his/her preferred establishment.

• Liked — The local decor in the apartments
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ManchesterLynne
united kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2008

My husband & I booked our stay here on the strength of the reviews we'd read on this site. Our first week on Barbados had been spent at the Sea U guest house near Bathsheba, & we adored the laid-back, unpretentious, chic of the place (at a fantastic price too). We looked forward to spending our second week at Legend Gardens, thinking we'd saved the best till last. How wrong we were - it was a complete and utter disappointment. OK - Delia & Bird were very affable, but we didn't go to Barbados to join in the group activities or go on the type of excursions they organised (which were rather reminiscent of a holiday camp or rest home outing). The apartments were clean, apart from the bedcover & curtains which were overdue a wash, but the decor was scary. Plastic flowers and foliage stapled to the walls - playschool type murals - clashing, bold, dated soft furnishings. The furniture was a mish-mash of dated styles which teetered on point of being kitsch! Imagine staying at a trinket hoarding great aunt's and you're not far off the mark! In it's favour though, Legend Garden Condos are in a great position by Mullins beach. The place is owned & run by a very enthusiastic & well meaning couple, but unfortunately it didn't supply the type of accommodation my husband and I were looking for. I only wish we'd done the holiday the other way round and finished off with the wonderful Sea -U.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dreadful decor
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
12 Thank coco11cha
Montesano Washington
Reviewed May 31, 2008

What an incredible place. We went to see Barbados, oh a wedding for our son was the reason. We not only saw the Island, and an Incredible wedding but the best stay we have ever had anywhere. Our Hosts Bird, Delia and their staff were the best anywhere we have stayed in the U.S. or else where. The accommodations were great, the location worked very well for us and all we wanted to see. We were just off the highway too not hear it very much and an easy short walk to the beach for a morning swim or and afternoon or evening dip in mother natures incredible pool. We did not see every beach on the island but Mullins beach had to be one of the best, it was just incredible. The beach was never crowded as well. A lot of added features included a Restaurant adjacent to the beach. Boat rides /jet ski rentals(only a few of these so was not a noise issue), sunsets, Two other family's that were there for the wedding wanted to move to the Legends while we were there. One was able to and the other plans on staying there the next trip. We all plan on staying there again. If you love to hear the sound of the ocean as I do, this is the place. The waves are small, the sound is soft and relaxing. The view is so calming. It was a great value when compared to a lot of other places anywhere.

Stayed May 2008
3 Thank ZZT
staines
Reviewed May 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed here last two weeks of April having read all the rave reviews on Trip Advisor. And I have to say how right the rave reviews are - it would be difficult to find any fault with these wonderful apartments. From the start Dee and Bird made us so welcome and nothing is too much trouble - from arranging group outings to offering to pick you up from the supermarket with your shopping! The apartments are beautifully furnished and everything is provided if you want to cook at home, with plenty of lovely areas in the gardens to eat if you don't want to stay in the apartment - we did eat out most nights but did have a couple of simple meals at home. The area couldn't be bettered - Mullins Bay is beautiful but if you want to venture further it is easy on the local buses and there are some other beautiful beaches in the area where you can be completely on your own - and the snorkelling almost everywhere is excellent. Do take a boat trip so you can go snorkelling over shipwrecks - an amazing experience. One tip - there is a beach near St. Francis Church where you can swim with the turtles without hordes of boat trippers - a really magical experience. Having lunch or dinner at "Tides" in Holetown is a must - a really great place. My husband and I both loved Barbados and would certainly revisit and would definitely stay at the Legend again - so much nicer than an "all inclusive" - you really feel you are experiencing the "real" Barbados. Enjoy!

• Liked — The owners, Dee and Bird, and the kitchen/dining area.
  • Disliked — No internet access!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paxcot
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2008

We had a wonderful week. Nice apartment, very clean, 2 minutes from Mullins Beach (one of the best on the West Coast), a few good places for lunch or diner (chinese, local food). At lunch time, Sissi is at the entrance with her van, very good and cheap lunch. And the most important, the owners, Delia and Bird, love to meet people and take care of their guests. I can't wait to go back, it is always on my mind.
Lyse, Joel and Julie

• Liked — Delia and Bird (the owners), location, clean and convenient apartment
  • Disliked — Nothing
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,512 reviews
Yellow Bird Hotel
Yellow Bird Hotel
#1 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Legend Garden Condos? Share your experiences!