“DO NOT BOOK YOUR CHILDRENS PARTY HERE!!!”

Heart of England Events Centre
Reviewed February 6, 2018

DO NOT BOOK YOUR CHILDRENS PARTY HERE!!!
You are promised a three hour party for £30 per head and you get just over 2 hours - not good value at all. The food choices offered also do not happen as the children were all served the same cheese and tomato pizza. When you contact the company, they are not interested in solving the problem, they supply excuses and will not even give a token partial refund. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND AVOID.

4  Thank 996janen
All reviews
"quad biking"
in 10 reviews
"laser clay pigeon shooting"
"archery experience"
"rage"
in 4 reviews
"woods"

Reviewed January 30, 2018

I booked the quad biking and laser clay pigeon shooting and enjoyed both enormously. The instruction on the quad bikes was fabulous, and he made sure we all felt confident (and were safe) before he let us out on the track. Brilliant, muddy fun, trashing up and down hills and then going through a track in the woods. The laser shooting was just as amazing, and I did not think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. Fabulous morning out, great fun and we both left with huge smiles on our faces.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Was a good night. 3 course meal. Butter nut squash soup christmas dinner and chocolate cheese cake...... entertainment was different but good. Then they had a games room which was alot of fun

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

I organised a booking for New Year’s Eve with a group of friends . Making the booking as simple . I rang up and paid a deposit per head and received an e-mail confirmation

They also managed additions to the booking very well.

We were all look biking forward to the night and bought the venue looked excellent when we got there.

There was entertainment during the meal, escapologist, juggler , dancers etc which were all quite entertaining. Tip for people is make sure you face the dance floor when you sit down otherwise the action is all behind you

The first course was really nice which set the expectations for the rest of the meal. The main course was disappointing but it could have been so different if the beef had been warmed through. You absolutely spect an element of ore-prep when catering for large numbers but the beef was cold despite attempts to mask that by warming the plates and pouring the sauce over it. The apples were also undercooked in the dessert tart. Either the kitchen facilities aren’t sufficient to cope with mass catering or the catering manager/chef.

It’s a real shame as this is the second time I’ve been to this venue , the last time was at Christmas a few years ago and on both occasions I’ve found the entertainment to be excellent and the marquee with all the other activities such as the casino tables , bucking reindeer , dodgems etc to be a fantastic idea and great fun let down by the catering and the fact that you have to queue far too long for a drink.

1  Thank Janette B