2,167 results
All reviewsbeach pavilionchinese restaurantchina moodlagoon access roomsix sensespresidential suiteinfinity poolmountain viewmain poolbeautiful hotelpalm treesdirect accesstennis courtsmain restaurantcool boxseafoodrestaurant staff
Reviewed August 22, 2017

In summary: friendly service, nice grounds surrounding the hotel and the quality of the food was good, not exceptional. The hotel is quite impressive, as the name would suggest, a real palace. Due to the kids we got a very nice upgrade for a room with direct access to the pool, which we enjoyed so much! The rooms are outdated, but I am sure that after the refurbishment they will look amazing. After coming from the Shangri-La, our kids were a bit disappointed with the main swimming pool, but the views to sea were very beautiful and the chairs around the pool are setup nicely. The hotel is more suitable for adults or families with older children, but perhaps I had that feeling because that were almost no kids at the time. I'm quite picky about the food. For me the quality of the food varied by type of dish. Breakfast was good (we especially liked the selection of tropical fruit which included rambutan and mangosteen), with enough choice and good service. We also booked for the Friday brunch and enjoyed sitting outside having our drinks and food. In terms of quality I had tasted better at brunches, but it was a very nice experience anyway. Also, we talked to some of the staff and had the feeling they were quite content working in the hotel. We would love to see the hotel in the 'new style' in a future visit to Muscat! Who knows...

Room Tip: The rooms with direct access to the pool are amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017

Did not disappoint.

The Ritz Al Bustan offers a beautiful escape with well landscaped grounds, spacious rooms with a sea view and stunning seafood at the Beach Pavilion Bar & Grill.

It was lovely to relax on the hammocks provided in the garden.

Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Al Bustan Palace for 5 nights and throughly enjoyed our experience. We had a lagoon room which was lovely - traditional decor and direct access into the swimming pool from our balcony. The grounds were very well kept and staff were friendly and attentive. I was unwell at the end of our stay and staff could not have been more helpful - they arrived with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for me and provided free room service food and drinks for my husband. We will definitely return if we are in Oman again and can't wait to see the hotel following the upcoming renovation.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed July 24, 2017

My friend and I wanted to stay somewhere quiet, I had stayed there many years ago , we had a twin room , large over looking the gardens and you could see the sea.a small balcony with table and 2chairs , the staff refilled the fridge every day, soft drinks are free, but also had small wine and beer, you had to pay for ,there is a beautiful infinity pool and we spent a lot of time in there, nice walks along the beach, but we only went in the sea a few times . A free shuttle to the souk every day, we went half board and the food was a great choice , also in the reception area is a area you can sit and have arabic coffee, I used to live in Muscat and I would go to the AlBustan every Friday for afternoon tea, sadly they don't do this any more as it used to be really lovely, going back now to our holiday,,,,lol I was upset that the coffee man was away the week we were there but a lovely man in reception went and got me a cup of Arabic coffee, so delish, I love the al bustan and always will,

Room Tip: I've just asked for a sea view and got a view over the pool and you could see the sea
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank valerieharrington
AlBustanPalace, General Manager at Al Bustan Palace, A Ritz-Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Dear "ValerieHarrington"

thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about your recent Al Bustan Palace stay with us, much appreciated.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful Resort, and I hope to personally meet you during your next visit, after our renovation is completed.

Our Atrium Lobby is famous for our lavish Afternoon Tea, which is served every afternoon, including Fridays. Rest assured, our Coffee Man Mohammed will be there again to welcome all our guests with a freshly brewed Omani coffee and some dates.

Best regards,

Katrin

Katrin Herz

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We know this hotel well as we once lived in Oman and visited several times. The ambience is still tranquil, cool and elegant. Service always courteous. A little pricey for a simple cream cake and coffee afternoon tea, but worth it for the experience.

Stayed: February 2017