Review Highlights
Professional, reassuring, exhilarating experience for family 3 years old to 89 years old!

Our party of 6 ranging in age from my grandson of 3 years old to my father of 89 enjoyed an... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
sybstogo
London
Dolphins & Fishing

Took my wife and 3-year-old out to do a variety of activities for 4 hours. Arranging things was a... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Mohammad S
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Muscat
from $80.00
from $80.00
from $75.00
from $70.00
More Info
All reviews captain salim fishing trip tuna dolphin watching his son sea bass catch fish great fishing saw dolphins coral fish boat tour great trip excellent captain great afternoon sea life private boat open sea
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This one goes for people who like to have a privet sea trip in Muscat
Came across this guy who used to work as a sailor for more than 20 years and has been working in sea tours for the past 6 or 7 years
I wanted to go on a privet sea trip with my wife in Omani Sea
Now know this Oman is a very nice place with a very nice sea, just needed a convenient and an enjoyable ride, and this guy Captain Salem Al Ma'sharee Delivered.
I was picked up by car fom my Hotel Al Husn in Shangri-La Resort we drove in Muscat so that we sail in a nice and clean Honda sea boat from Muscat's marina ( Bander Al Roda ) we took off on what is named a sunset sea trip wich is about a 2 hours cruise in the sea around Muscat to go over some sight seeings like the old forts, the Portuguese graveyard passing by sea rocks and very nice blue and green color sea waters.
For me the highlight of this trip is when we got further away in sea to try and find sea Dolphins wich usually pass by Oman, and we did :-)
One maybe two pods of dolphins traveling in groups and as the captain switched off the boats engine to sail silently near by them these dolphins started to approach our boat in Curiosity :-)
We were served Omani sweets and traditional Omani Coffee, beverages and water was available.
Near sunset time we sailed back to the shores heading towards Shangri-La Resort
I took a panoramic picture of the resort from the sea with my iPhone and we were delivered to the Shangri-La marina .

Date of experience: June 2014
3  Thank Sa27lem
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I am a Muscat resident and 5 or 6 times per year we go fishing with Captain Salim or with his son Captain Khodor. They are the best in town. They are very punctual, and their boat is always clean. Both of them are very nice and friendly and are fishing experts. They know exactly where to take you to make sure to find fish and they provide all the required equipment for fishing.
Their boats are in excellent condition, and they provide water and juices.
If you live in Muscat or you are just visiting, a trip with Captain Salim or Captain Khodor is a must for fishing, dolphin watching or island hopping and snorkeling. A fun time where you will experience true Omani hospitality and discover amazing locations!

Date of experience: January 2014
2  Thank Ramzi S
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This was our third trip with Captain Salim, though this time his son, Captain Alkoder was at the helm, like his father he had a great knowledge of the local fishing spots. A great day was had by all with plenty of fish of varying species. We had the added bonus of seeing whales on the same trip. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: May 2014
2  Thank James S
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had a great trip. Boat was comfortable and well equipped. Captain Salim did a great job getting us to the fish and showing me how to catch them. This was the highlight of my time in Oman and I look forward to coming back again.

Date of experience: May 2014
1  Thank mathew41
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a must do with Captain Salim if you're in Muscat. A great day out in the sea between fishing, dolphin watching, island hopping and snorkeling. Captain Salim is a great host and companion and the trip was 10 times the fun with him on board.

1  Thank Zaid K