Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb
$310
$181
$154
$130
Midan Hotel Suites, Muscat(Muscat)(Great Value!)
$58
$50
$180
$148
$75
$57
Agoda.com
Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa(Barr Al Jissah)
$505
$182
Agoda.com
All reviewsclose to the airportcity center mallinternet speedequipped roomsbusiness tripsmall poolconvenient hotelnice breakfastinternational airportbreakfast spreadexcellent hotelhotel restaurantnon smokingminutes from the airporthouse keepingupgraded to a suiteenjoyed my stay
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed for 18 nights and experienced everything that can be experienced in this hotel. It is absolutely perfect. Excellent service, helpful and friendly staff, Comfy and well-equipped rooms. Everything smelled and felt fresh and clean. Food was nice with a variety of choices. The hotel is 5-10 minutes drive from Muscat international airport and 5 minutes walk from Muscat City Centre Shopping mall. This hotel brought back my confidence in the Holiday Inn brand.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank YousefOmar
Oppenheimer2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear YousefOmar,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions with the community of Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your 18 nights’ stay with us, and that you had a chance to experience all the services of our hotel. Thank you also, for your great comments on the rooms, our food and the service provided by our staff. We truly appreciate your feedback.

At Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, we take pride in ensuring our guests’ stays are a success and we are very pleased to know that we have been able to provide you with an “on brand” Holiday Inn experience.

It was a pleasure having you and we are glad you will choose to stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Spent two weeks at the this hotel in as I was working at Muscat Airport. Overall it was an average experience, if not for a few negatives, for example each member of staff seems to want to sell you things on a daily basis, not quite sure how much non-alcoholic beer I could drink.

Every other day someone would come and ask to check the mini-bar, why this can't be done during housekeeping is beyond me. At 4.00pm every day the pool would get overrun by kids, mothers and nannies who don't seem to actually stay at the hotel. I complained a number of times to the staff, whose reaction was that they couldn't do anything about it.

I was in Room 110 which by the design of the hotel placed me directly opposite a floodlight, making getting the room dark near enough impossible. The room itself was clean and tidy, but kept flooding, I reported it but was told their was nothing wrong, it took me damming the bathroom with towels and showing them pictures to get them to do something about it. Shame it was my last day.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alexander I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Alexander I,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. It is truly regrettable that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experience particularly with the room assigned to you and with the level of service you have received. Your comments are highly appreciated and rest assured that we will use these to improve on our end.

I hope that you give us another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Brand new hotel close to the airport. Nice and comfortable rooms, maybe a little noisy if you get one facing the highway. Very good restaurant and extremely kind staff. The gym is amazing. / Nuevo hotel cerca del aeropuerto. Bonitas y cómodas habitaciones, quizás un poco ruidosas si coges una orientada a la autopista. Muy buen restaurante y personal extremadamente amable. El gimnasio es impresionante.

Room Tip: Try not to get one facing the highway / Intenta no coger una orientada a la autopista.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Dear Jedor74,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

It's a bit far away from the city center but the hotel itself is new and room are clean and spacious. Good staff and nice breakfast. would recommend it for short business trips. Mind the location as it's 15-20 min far from the center by car.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark M

Dear Mark M,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our staff.

I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the quality of breakfast served at our Omede Restaurant. We continually strive to provide high quality food to our guests and we are glad you had a chance to experience that

Our hotel is close to the airport and Muscat’s largest shopping center. It is also a few minutes’ drive from the main business district of Muscat. We are sorry if the location of our hotel did not meet your requirement and regret the inconvenience it may have caused you during your stay with us.

Thank you for recommending us. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

It's not really clear who this Holiday Inn is targeting; it's located in the suburbs of Muscat miles from the business center or the beach. Luckily for us, we were visiting Muscat to see family friends who live in Al Seeb, so this was located exactly 4 mins from their house.
This is a brand new mid-size hotel which is hovering around 3.5 stars in my book. A nice property with nicely equipped rooms and modern well appointed lobbies and common areas. The pool is a nice touch and much needed in the sweaty Muscat June weather and our kids loved the evening swim; they also have a great gym but on our 2 night stay I didn't use it.

The hotel has a few snags: it's tricky to reach as the access from the main road is blocked off so it's frustrating that you drive by it twice without being able to get in. They could do with putting up a signboard to point out which little side road actually leads to hotel. Similarly the underground parking is awkward and the builder of the access ramp must have thought everybody drives a mini so if like us you're driving a Land Cruiser, park at the surface parking (and fry eggs on your bonnet); also the lifts from the parking weren't working but I'm sure these are just teething problems that will be sorted out when the hotel is no longer just 3 months old. And a small annoyance to Muslims only, the Qibla pointers was facing opposite directions in our adjoining hotel rooms. Thankfully we all have smartphones...

But here's the good stuff: the staff were friendly and gracious, well-trained and helpful. The rooms were very nice (did I mention how new the hotel is) and since the hotel was kind of less than half full we were given pool facing rooms deluxe rooms even though we had paid for standard. The restaurant was very good and since my wife only rank a hotel based on the quality of the breakfast buffet, this one passed with strong marks. Finally, a nice touch was that kids under 12 eat free in the buffet restaurant...we didn't know this when booking or checking in, so it was a pleasant surprise to find it when signing for the bills.

All told, I nice place to spend the weekend when you're not planning to visit main Muscat.

Room Tip: Book the standard room, hope the occupancy is low, and I'm sure they'll give you the nicer rooms for free.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Oppenheimer2014, General Manager at Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Zul J,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our staff. Your comments are much appreciated. It is indeed a very nice property, offering modern and well equipped facilities that our guests can enjoy during their stay. Many thanks for your great comments on our breakfast. We continually strive to provide high quality food to our guests and we are glad you had a chance to experience that.

However, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you in regards to the access road to the hotel, our basement car parking facility and the Qibla sign in the room. I can assure you that we are already working on it. We regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.