“Nice”
Review of Grand Hyatt Muscat

Grand Hyatt Muscat
Ranked #12 of 62 Hotels in Muscat
Reviewed August 14, 2013

10 wonderful days at the hotel which is impressive, beach front, rooms big as the bathroom, very clean, the staff attentive and smiling, the gym was good, lunch and dinner are relatively expensive, certainly 5-star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elena2811
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear elena2811, thank you very much for the time you have taken to leave us a review on trip advisor. We are delighted to read your comments and are happy to know that your 10 days with us were worthwhile. We certainly hope to welcome you back again in the near future and many thanks once again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,576)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt for 3 days (which was not long enough) and it was excellent. The check in staff went above and beyond to help us throughout our stay, as did the concierge staff. The room (109) was fantastic, spacious and the bathroom was fit for a queen. Belinda in the Mokha cafe was very attentive and helpful with all our questions, making our stay all that much better.The pool area and beach front was fantastic and being able to have a choice of pool or ocean to swim in was great. The only suggestion I would make, is that the bar and restaurant at the pool stay open a little longer than 5.30pm.
We will definetely be back to stay at the Grand Hyatt and have already reccommended this to many of our friends. Thank you for a lovely holiday

Room Tip: Room 109 is excellent
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RachLiza

Dear RachLiza, many many thanks for your splendid feedback. What a wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you had an excellent time with us. We do hope to welcome you back again but for longer than 3 days next time.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

just came back from a wonderful stay at this resort/hotel, location is great, staff are helpful, rooms are nice and clean, we were in room 423 full view of the pool and the beautiful sea, pool is brilliant especially for the kids as it has a lazy wadi, but what made my stay a wonderful one is the beach in front of the hotel, really nice.
Breakfast is great and has everything you may think of and the pool bar has its own kitchen for a quick meal around the pool.
I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear othmane, thank you for your fantastic review. We're happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. The pool and beach are definitely among the best things about Grand Hyatt Muscat.

We will share your positive comments about breakfast and our poolside restaurant Marjan with our team. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Public areas opulent. Funny lay out. Rooms clean as you'd expect. The food and beverages are a total ripoff. Eur 26 for a club sandwich, coke and tea (for one!) Eur 7 for tea for one!

Pool area is nice and there's direct access to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Percy06, thank you for your valued feedback. We're sorry to hear that you thought dining was expensive at Grand Hyatt Muscat. We are a 5 star hotel and source only the finest produce.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am writing those lines while i am in the hotel now ...
the hotel is nit bad .. clean but yesterday at the dinner time I found out that one of the loxal drink(Tamr Hindi) is either expired or not prepared well I mentioned that to the blond lady manager and later on she removed it totally from the buffet .. next day the fruits were not washed well I told the same lady about it .. just now I I asked the guy on the poolbar to give me a locker key inside the changing area and he said that he needs any id to secure the key back I told him that am a tourist and I have only a passport and asked him if there is a safe locker in the bar to keep my passport but he said that I can leave my watch or anything as security ..althogh I told him that I am staying in the hotel and ge can take the room number but he rfused and said that this is the hotel policy ?????
anyway ... the hotel in total is not bad but staff needs mor training . Beach is excellent .. swimming pool is perfect .. and the reciptionist Mr.Rahul is so nice and professional ...

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank tamim_75

Dear tamim_75, thank you very much for your valued feedback. It's wonderful to hear that you were writing the review while you were staying with us. We apologise for the confusion and the inconvenience experienced during your stay. I assure you that all the points raised will be discussed internally with our team to avoid similar incidents in the future.

Once again many thanks for your comments. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I spend a day a week in Oman and after trying all hotels in Muscat, I can say that Grand Hyatt is one of the best for business traveler.
Check in and Check out processes are very flexible, sometime I check out by phone and they send me the invoice by email.
They have meeting rooms, and those I used are all well-equipped.
Room service is quite efficient, even if they should try to change the menu more frequently.
Rooms are basic and a bit old style, but very spacious and with functioning wifi. I would recommend the hotel to change the desk and chair, as those are not very comfortable for business man that needs to work in the hotel room

Room Tip: the rooms at the end of the two hotel wings at ground floor are very nice and with a great view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Alessandro B, many thanks for your valued feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Grand Hyatt Muscat indeed is perfect for business travelers and leisure pursuits as well.

We hope to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Muscat and thank you once again for your pleasant review.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was very much in line with the other top-end hotels I've stayed in in the Middle East, and that's quite a lot! Big, blinging lobby, buffet-based breakfast in the Italian restaurant, bathroom the size of my flat at home, giant comfy bed.

This that differentiated it...
- no crazy posh buttons for curtains and lights (I'm looking at you, Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Raffles Dubai) which makes it MUCH easier to make the room do what you want.
- you have to pay for internet, although it is only OMR 3 for 24 hours for up to 6 devices, which isn't too bad really.
- "relaxed" approach to service in the restaurants (!)
- small lazy river in the swimming pool, which is quite fun.
- pretty much direct beach access.
- the most comfortable I've ever felt in the Middle East - more accepting and less uptight than some other places.
- Tuscany restaurant and the pool bar are both open all day during Ramadan. Hurrah!

The layout is a bit confusing - you don't just take a lift from the lobby to your room - but you get the hang of it after a while.
I'd happily stay here again!

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are on the lobby level, which is handy as the lifts can be hard to find!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank coolcaz
Grand Hyatt M, Public Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear coolcaz, thank you for your valued feedback. Appreciate your fun and light-hearted review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay overall and would return to Grand Hyatt Muscat again.