6 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$285
Priceline$299
ZenHotels.com$300
3,424 results
All reviews long pool beach restaurant serai pool serai room club suite main restaurant water features macaroons beautiful hotel spa treatments mini bar seafood palm trees private beach soft drinks pools zen
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2020 via mobile

First trip to Oman and The Chedhi. Superb hotel with amazing helpful and pleasant staff. Wide ranging menu offering European, Asian, Arab and Indian cuisine all excellently prepared. Will definitely return and maybe add a couple of nights in the desert too. One minor niggle - not enough room to store clothes in our room selection. A great hotel experience

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GM Chedi Muscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2020

Dear Mike C,

Thank you for your fabulous review. It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your recent stay in Muscat. We are delighted to read that you were impressed by your experience. From the exceptional service to the extensive cuisines offered in the outlets. Thank you for your honest feedback about the room. I would suggest a suite room on your future stay with a bigger space and closet. We look forward to welcoming you back with us and we will be more than happy to assist you on your desert night trip.

Reviewed February 19, 2020

We stayed in the resort for 3 nights ; I have nothing to say except that I highly recommend it as it was great ;rooms contained all modern items ;decorations ,designs all are made with a great modern touch but with Oman cultural touch too

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank benjamen m
GM Chedi Muscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2020

Dear BenZahava,

Thank you so much for leaving us with an outstanding review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride pride in giving outstanding service to all our guests and I am overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation.
I highly value your recommendations and I look forward to your next visit at The Chedi Muscat.

Reviewed February 16, 2020

Beautiful location and amazing resort with excellent pools but also a lovely beach, five star service all the way with attention given to the smallest of details. A number of restaurants serving different cuisine but all excellent, also a lavish breakfast. We stayed in the suite and it was just perfect.

2  Thank H_M_P_888
Chedimuscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2020

Dear H_M_P_888,

Thank you so much for leaving us with a superb review of your stay at The Chedi Muscat. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience with us. Indeed, The Chedi Muscat team always aims to provide the highest quality of service to all our guest from exceptional personalized assistance of our dedicated staff to the exceptional facilities offered.We truly put our guests experience and satisfaction as our priority and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in everyday.
Once again, thank you for your positive feedback, the Chedi team will definitely be happy to read your commendations.
It will be an honor to welcome you back again with us.

Reviewed February 15, 2020 via mobile

We spent a week in the really nice and comfortable Club Suite.
The location is great, sercice impeccable, room comfortable.
Its not cheap but probably worth ot.
The 2 issues we dis encounter:
The beach pool area has limited benches if there are many guests and most guests leave there benches “reserved” whilst going for lunch, etc.
The staff doesn t feel empowered to deal with it.
Last dinner in the Restaurant was ok, weren t it that my steak( first meat that week) was seriously undercooked which difficult to see in the darkish (nove) environment.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Chedimuscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2020

Dear DutchTravellerUK,

Thank you for leaving us a review of your experience at The Chedi Muscat. I am glad that you appreciated our property from its great location to the impeccable service with its nice and comfortable rooms. Thank you for your honest feedback about the few issues.Being known for our great guest service it came as a surprise that the benches are on reserved and we would like to make things right. I will certainly have this check on daily basis.
My sincerest apology on your first dinner experience and by this we can be able to communicate to our culinary team to improve the quality of service. We value your opinion and we highly appreciate for bringing this to our attention.
Once again, thank you for sharing your moments with us and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 12, 2020

We stayed at the Chedi for 5 nights in late Jan/Feb. We had mixed feelings of this place so have outlined the basics below that you should be aware of before booking:

Pros;
Lovely grounds and beautiful pools (particularly the 103 meter one for swimming)
Great food and a good variety - tasting menu in seafood restaurant delicious.
Charming and helpful staff.
Conveniently close to airport (also a con, see below).

Cons;
The rooms are dated and fairly basic (nearest plug opposite side of the room from the bed, balcony doors don't fit the door frames so hear outside noise (ie planes), dated furnishings/fittings that are tired and need refurbishing.This level of room would be acceptable if the prices were 50% less but at their prices you expect a lot more.
The food and wine is extortionately expensive. In particular the wine which is so expensive it actually makes you feel slightly sick (glass of house champagne = £51!!!) I am aware of a local tax that increases the landing cost considerably however the hotel are hiding behind this as an excuse and have clearly added an eye-watering mark up (I think i saw some wines 7x of RRP in the UK).
The beach - if you are after a beach holiday then do not visit this resort. The beach is not desirable and during our stay it more resembled a nesting colony for sea gulls and the sea was bright green with algae. (maybe we were unlucky but the cost is nicer elsewhere).
Flight path - not the fault of the hotel however it sits directly under the flight path for the nearby Muscat Int Airport, which seems to operate 24/7. Consequently while you sit among tranquil gardens and pools you have planes landing over your head which is less tranquil. one morning between 6-7am I counted 20+!

Overall this is a lovely property with great food and staff and I am aware many come back year after year, however it is not worth the prices they charge and for that reason I have given it the rating I have.

4  Thank Langwell23
Chedimuscat, General Manager at The Chedi Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2020

Dear Gshp,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your review
I highly appreciate your honest opinion about our property and we are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience. I am sorry to hear that the other aspect of your stay fell short of your expectations in particular about the room, the F&B price, the beach and the flight path.
We strive to deliver the best service possible to all our guests and your feedback is important to us.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to have the chance of welcoming you back again.