The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel
Dmas Hotel(Muscat Governorate)
Samara Hotel(Muscat)
Hotel Muscat(Muscat)
2,750 results
All reviewslong poolbeach restaurantserai poolserai roommain restaurantclub suitewater featuresfamily poolmacaroonsbeautiful hotelspa treatmentsmini barseafoodsun loungersbreakfast buffet isprivate beachsoft drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had booked a regular room and were extremely happy (!) when we got upgraded to a suite which consisted of the lower floor of a two floor suite 'hut', with its own deck and lovely views over a pond. The entire hotel's architecture, minimalist design land scaping and , calm lighting and general spirit exude relaxation. We were there on a romantic break so it was ideal that there was a separate section for families with kids and different pool areas for guests looking for a quieter time.
Breakfast was a delicious buffet with loads of options, while dinner at the seafood restaurant on the beach is a MUST - absolutely delicious with breathtaking views. Pre-booking is essential as it limited seating and sometimes the entire venue is booked for private functions.
The spa is worth a try and also needs advanced booking. The beach is sandy and easily accessible to all ages.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kohkarma
Chedimuscat, Manager at The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear kohkarma,

Many thanks for sharing your experience at The Chedi Muscat. We are always delighted to hear from a very happy guest- your kind words are much appreciated.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our children offered us a spa treatment at the Chedi, that really took us to another world.

words can't describe the cleanliness, professionalism, atmosphere.

simply try it, and believe me, you won't regret the 40 OMR that you will pay for half an hour massage.

We used the couple massage room, it is simply great.

Will definitely go again!!

The only drawback, that I blame the management for, is the entrance road from 18 November street, it needs to be well maintained, as it looks poor.

thanks

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chedimuscat, Manager at The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear FidoOman,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Spa at The Chedi Muscat. Don't hesitate to come back anytime you need to be taken to another world...

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Make sure you take your trunks, you have to swim in the pool. Was there on business but The Chedi was awesome & great place to chill. Slightly disappointed that they wouldnt cook us any food after 1030 in the bar but the free beers in the room made up for it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear jamesrose,

We agree with you... swimming in our Long pool is a must... We are glad you enjoyed.

Regards,

The Chedi Muscat

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We took the drive from Dubai to Muscat, just one straight road and no problems to get through Customs/ Border control. The hotel was not the easiest to find, but having arrived it proved to be a wonderful, five star break! The beach restaurant was exceptional and having booked the club room, complimentary drinks and canapés were served every evening before dinner. The hotel has a good choice of pools and the beach. We also made use of the spa facilities, which were very luxurious. The staff have obviously had good training, customer service was far higher than anything we have received in Dubai, friendly, attentive and knowledgeable.
We will return!

Room Tip: Go for the club room option!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chedimuscat, Manager at The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive experience during your escape from Dubai. We are delighted to read that you want to return and especially that you enjoyed the friendly and attentive Omani hospitality here at The Chedi Muscat.

More drinks and canapes are waiting for you, so come back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was our first time to visit Oman and my husband & I wanted to stay at the Chedi Muscat to spend a quiet Christmas . We tried to book through the hotel directly but it was fully booked but we managed to get a room through Agooda ( can't understand it) which was quite expensive but we paid for it anyway. We were given a room at the back with the view of the car park! We complained because we booked a room with a seaview. The hotel apparently was fully booked and we have to stay in that room for one night and they promised to move us to another room with a seaview the following day , which they did. By booking through Agooda , the Christmas eve dinner gala was compulsary which we have to pay extra . But hay hoo it's Christmas ! We had a 7 /8 course meal and to be honest it was enjoyable , except the granite mulled wine ! , the japanese waitress looked after us very well but we noticed that the pianist took a long break and the atmosphere in the restaurant went dead. During our stay we spent most of our time in the Hotel just relaxing by the pool, walking in the beautiful manicured garden and by the beach it was a total R& R . Our favorite place to hang out was in the huge bed lounger at the long pool. The attendant was very attentive he always refilled our glasses with iced cold water , which was nice. The Spa was amazing and the gym although we didn't use was well equipped and the facilities is well designed . We ate most of the time at the hotel in the main restaurant, in the beach/ seafood restaurant, pool/ bar and the food and service was good but
we can't rate our overall experience as excellent in all aspects and that's the reason why we find it a bit pricey.
I was also disappointed about my experience at the boutique. The woman in the counter ( looks middle eastern) was not very friendly at all, she should not be working in a 5 star hotel if she has an attitude like that. I have the same experience as the other guest who did mention about it in her review I wanted to buy something ( a bit expensive) but she made me feel that I did interrupt what she was doing at that time so she let me wait. So I didn't bother . I went again the next time because I needed something important and this time a nice Filipina lady served me , though I only spent a small amount because I was still fuming about that woman's attitude towards me. We also asked the concierge if there is a Red Bus Tour company in the city and they said No , very adamant. Because the wifi service in the hotel was on and off we couldn't find out in the web if it's true because I was sure I read about it before. Anyway, we took a taxi to The Corniche and the Red Bus tour of Muscat was there! Were the hotel staff kidding us? We don't think we'll rush back to the Chedi anytime soon.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank srfab
Chedimuscat, Manager at The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear srfab,

Thank you kindly for your candid feedback of The Chedi Muscat. I do regret that we did not meet your expectations at our concierge desk and in The Boutique and I will also further investigate as to why you were not able to book us directly. On another hand I am glad that our staff was able to move you to a sea view room. We always try our best to accommodate any special requests and I can also promise you that all our concierge staff are now aware of The Red Bus tours.

Your comments are very much appreciated and are still being reviewed with the staff.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Best Regards,