“Excellent Location and Staff”

InterContinental Hotel Muscat
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Muscat
“Excellent Location and Staff”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We arrived without our bags which had been delayed from our very short transfer at Doha, the staff were excellent in ensuring our bags were delivered to us at the first opportunity. A special mention to the Concierge on the 26th May who chased the airline and delivered them to us. It is a lovely hotel with expansive grounds and access to the beach direct from the hotel - the leisure pool was closed and it would have been nice to have been informed however because of the other pool this did not cause us a problem. We ate at Trader Vic's and Tomato and had breakfast at Musandam, where the staff were great. I should also mention John the barman at the Tiki Bar who was simply excellent - a really lovely guy who made us feel so welcome. I have stayed at lots of hotels in the Middle East and I think this rates very well, we were there for a holiday to see friends and it provided a great base to do this.

Room Tip: Go for a seaview, it is a lovely part of the Middle East.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Albion732013,

thank you very much for your great review on tripadvisor.

I would like to apologize that you have not been informed about the temporary closing of the leisure pool, which was necessary due to an emergency repair. I am happy to announce that the pool is back and available together with the lap pool.

On the other hand I am proud to hear that we were able to deliver a great experience for you, but especially John. He will be celebrated on a special occasion because of your comment.

I hope you will come soon again to see your friends.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Despite some issues with room configuration which were eventually resolved our stay was pleasant.
The well maintained very spacious grounds & pool area was lovely & enjoyed the deep lap pool for a good workout.
The small club lounge was nice, though there appeared to be some indifference with the staff.
Our suite room was spacious & a very nice outlook toward the coastline.
Concierge was helpful & always available cars on hand.
I found the breakfast restaurant well stocked with varied offerings & gracious service at all times.
Josephine was an impressive & smiling staff member who is an asset to IC Muscat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear AussieScott70,

thank you very much for sharing your experiences with other travelers on tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that we were able to sort out the issues you had to begin with and were able to deliver a satisfactory stay.
Josephine is indeed a fantastic team member and I can assure you that I will share your comments with her and the team.

I sincerely hope to see you soon again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very friendly staff and assistance with early check in-late checkout. Location was well suited to get around muscat. Rooms as well as bathrooms are dated but everything was clean and neat. would recommend for quick trip in/out of muscat.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear MHSME,

thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.

Especially your recommendation means a lot for us. I sincerely hope to see you soon again in our beautiful country.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I've been coming here for the past 25 years and I am always delighted to return. I simply wouldn't stay anyplace else. The Intercon is not opulent, and maybe it is a bit dated, but it has a big heart and the service is absolutely fautless. They will do their best to receive you with warmth and dignity.

The location is perfect and actually more scenic than the other 5 star hotels. If there is any reccomendation I could make it would be the restaurant. The service is fine, but the Musandam clearly needs a new chef. The food is not at all tempting and is very expensive for what it is.
i hope the management will take this as a constructive reccomendation..

That aside, I am always glad to be back.

Room Tip: The club rooms are very comfortable and delightful if you have a sea view.
Dear Mkech,

thank you very much for your positive comments on tripadvisor.

Your feedback is very important for us, especially from a loyal costumer you are. I can assure you that we will immediately start working on our food quality in Musandam, especially since our new head chef for this outlet just arrived a few days ago.
Therefore I sincerely believe that you will see positive changes soon.

I am looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great location. Airy feeling when you enter the lobby. Clean and spacious rooms.Friendly staff.

Need to fix the pigeon menace in the balconies...they sleep there and they are not intimidated if you try and chase them off...and they mess up the place by morning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Oliver G, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Zack M,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on tripadvsor.

I can assure you that we will try our best to manage the pigeon around our building. I hope you had the chance also to see the beautiful parrots and rollers living on our grounds. That is the positive side of having so much lush nature around us.

I hope to see you soon again.

Doha
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The hotel had a nice location which was near the beach and had a lot of restaurants and coffee shops nearby. The hotel itself is a bit old but seems clean and well maintained. Although refurbishment would be very much recommended. There were three different pools, 4 restaurants and 1 bar within the premises.

We stayed in a mountain view room on the third floor. The room was OK but not great. The sliding cabinet covers were in need of repair and the balcony had a lot of bird excrement. Other than that, the room was just fine.

The service was good. Most of the staff we ran into during our stay gave a smile and a polite nod. Special mention goes out to the waitress at the lobby who was very nice and attentive.

The only other thing that was lacking was poolside service.

All things considered, we had a great time here and would definitely recommend this hotel to other people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear jdm922,

thank you very much for sharing your experiences on tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our different facilities and outlets during your visit.
Actually we are currently evaluating a renovation and therefore feedback is currently essential to have the right focus.

I sincerely hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I love the hotel for it is nice location, service and people.The sea view from the hotel is amazing. Near the hotel you can walk in to the stores and restaurants.

I highly recommend to stay on this hotel if you want to enjoy staying near the see and the city.

Dear Salwa A,

thank you so much for your recommendation on tripadvisor.

Our location is certainly prime and gives everybody the opportunity not to only explore our vast facilities, but also enjoy the restaurants and shops around us.

I am looking forward to see you again in Muscat.