InterContinental Hotel Muscat
Hotels.com
$55
$154
$104
Midan Hotel Suites, Muscat(Muscat)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Pool
$111
$97
Agoda.com
Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa(Barr Al Jissah)
$505
$182
1,301 results
All reviewstrader vicstomato restaurantleisure poolmusandam restaurantthe club loungeopera housepublic beachsea viewan updatebuilding sitebit datedpool areaconstruction workan upgradebusiness tripgreat facilitiesnice beach
Reviewed February 1, 2013

we stayed just one day there as it was merely a stop over.
The building looks like a multistorie parking lot...but to be honest the entrance and the lobby area looked really nice.
The reception staff... very busy running around and into the backroom as soon as you come closer to the desk.
Despite my priority club card there was no separate check in and the pre-booked room wasn' t available... after giving all credentials and filling paper we were just told to sit down while the attendant disappeared into the backroom again... never to come out again.
after some 30 mins and chasing the next clerk we were given the room key.
Although the Hotel was literally empty, we were given a room on the first floor which was integrally being occupied by the Omani Soccer natl team !!!
Every other room door open to display the chaos in it, loadly shouting people, Music to club levels and guys running around in the corridors in sports attire.
The room was dark, filthy and badly furnished, our room neighbours load and partying,
the bathroom in need of total restoration, the 5 star convenience stuff limited to 2 plastic cups
and the minibar was locked with a security plastic strap...hmmmmm.
The only useful thing; the extrabed for our child ( reserved beforehand ) was missing and required a return to the reception to specifically ask for it again.
They sent someone to bring a Baby folding bed...which was not only for sizes up to 6 mo, but
also full of P** and Pu** stains from all predecessors.
No sheets, no pillow with it... just a super dirty wool blanket the size of a stamp !!!
The pool area... covered with fake grass carpet, old stained sun beds and rubbish towels.
The pool atendand was sitting in the shade next to kids pool and upon me looking in his direction I was greeted with a " what do you want..?"

Need I still justify my disappointment ?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear okrased,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have had mixed experiences at this hotel but overall I still find it is my favorite place to stay for both business and pleasure. My most recent stay was on the 4th floor. Some of the room furniture was dated or tacky (the couch looked like it belonged to Saddam Hussein) but I always find the expansive lobby quite attractive. The location not only puts you by the beach but also by shops and good restaurants just a short walk (100+ meters) from the hotel grounds. That in my opinion puts he Intercon above other hotels. Certainly there are more up to date hotels in town like the Hyatt but somehow that hotel felt bland to me. And I rarely find hotel food to be above average. So my advice if you are patient and can be sure you are booking a upper floor room is to stay at the Intercon. When I have stayed with my family we loved the location but were given a 2nd floor room that was close to unacceptable (filthy balcony and afwul view of construction plus a TV from 1980 that didn't work and average room cleanliness). Take advantage of the good grounds (extensive but not new or oppulent) and the good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Be sure you book on he higher floors as others have stated. We have only had probloems on thelower floors.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for a week on business. Everything worked fine and I have no real complaints. The whole place is somewhat over the top and a bit tacky and expensive, but the staff are friendly and helpful. Was a bit annoyed about the lack of wifi in the standard rooms but then found out I could get the loby wifi in my room because I was only on the first floor.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor to see the loby wifi
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Tony_Norway,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

I was delighted to read that after some issues with your stay, you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by our WiFi services, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features provided.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The location is just perfect. Located right on the beach with good opportunities to walk for breakfast, lunch or dinner to the restaurants in the area, which are lots cheaper than the hotel restaurants, which however serve excellent food as well.

The hotel itself is an old seventieth building, but it has its charm. The garden is big and as mentioned before its right on a very long stretch of beach which invites you for long walks or even jogging.

There is a dive center at the hotel as well and you have the opportunity to go for an underwater expedition.

I like the Hyatt Oman but will most probably o back to the Intercontinental next time when in Muscat...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The InterContinental at first sight was not particularly pleasing to the eye, the gloomy exterior did tend to give us a feeling of foreboding as we drove towards it. Ignoring this we entered the Hotel where the reception was airy, pleasant enough and clean. The staff on reception were dressed impeccably and booked us in quickly with more than enough good manners. Sadly things took a turn for the worse when we got to our room, it was quite shabby and in dire need of an extreme makeover. My eye immediately went to the carpet which was rather stained and looked old. Around the edges (easy enough to get to with a hoover nozzle) nestled fluff and goodness knows what else... totally unacceptable. The furniture was just about ok, very knocked about we could see it was all getting on a bit. The bed itself was comfortable but the bed linen had holes and the bottom sheet didn't even fit the bed properly. As is the norm for us we removed the hideous bed throw that most Hotels seem to favour and put it out of sight in the cupboard! What annoyed us the most was the balcony, it was dirty with paint peeling off and pigeon feces all over the floor and walls, it clearly had not been cleaned in a long time and was unusable ...very unpleasant.
The positives for this Hotel.... the staff were helpful and polite at all times. If we asked for more tea and sugar we were given handfuls at a time and always with a smile. Pleasant toiletries and soft towels. Complimentary bottles of water in the room. Nice pool area, lovely gardens with the beach on the doorstep although it is public so anyone can use it. There is a very handy little Mall next door with several little eateries including Costa, handy if like us you don't want the added expense of breakfast.
We had some gripes with the Hotel, definitely not 5* rooms that's for sure. Expensive? yes for what you get I wouldn't want to stay there for a holiday but it was a pleasant enough stay for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't include pigeons squatting on the balcony!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra W

Dear Sandra W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had on some aspects of your stay. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.