“One of my favourite places in Muscat. ”

Crowne Plaza Muscat
Ranked #7 of 61 Hotels in Muscat
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I'm a frequent guest of the Crowne Plaza and it's bars and restaurants. The view is outstanding - quite possibly the best in Muscat and the private beach secluded and quaint. It also offers one of the best buffet breakfasts that I've ever had. The rooms are typical of a hotel of this calibre but the rest of the (original) hotel is a little tired and could do with renovation. You also need to pick your room well to avoid the noisy bar below. Speaking of which Duke's bar is one of my favourite locations to unwind of an evening. The food is fantastic although the service can be very slow when they're busy, which is most evenings. The hotel wifi is unstable and slow. But that said, this is still my favourite place to be in Muscat - no wonder it's so popular.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Many thanks for your continued patronage and for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip advisor. It is such a pleasure to read that Crowne Plaza Muscat is one of your favourite places in Muscat. I am delighted that you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings with compliments of the outstanding view form our hotel grounds. I t is always a pleasure having you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Muscat.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My first stay in Crowne Plaza Muscat was about fifteen years ago and I felt like I was staying in Magic Land, and since then I have been a regular guest who stays once every couple of months and I still feel the same magic feeling when I am there.
The people are wonderful from the people at front desk like Neil and Jamila and Ajeet to the fine friendly hotel manager who hosts his guests every Monday night in the hotel garden.
If you want the best ever seafood then you have to dine at Crowne Plaza Muscat open buffet sea food night on Thursdays and Fridays.
The food at this hotel is really excellent and the service is world class one.
If you wonder if there is real magic in this world visit this hotel to check for yourself.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive and complimentary review. It’s always a great pleasure having you stay with us and I am particularly delighted to read that you felt like you were “staying in magic land”. We at Crowne Plaza Muscat work tirelessly to provide memorable experience and the best possible service to all our guests and I am happy to see that reflect in your stay. Once again thank you and we certainly look forward to your continued patronage.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Crown Plaza is well located with good facilities specailly direct access to beach. It is little higher priced but can be managed. Hotel needs renovation as rooms seems old and few wash rooms have quite old look.

Room Tip: Take sea view rooms has fantastic view Sun rise & Sun Set timings
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. I am very pleased that you liked the location and enjoyed the “fantastic view of the sun rise and sunset”. Currently we are in the process of renovating our guestroom bathrooms over the summer period in an effort to provide an up to date product for to all our guests.
Please do not hesitate to contact me on adam.beadon@ihg.com for any additional feedback or future assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel has easliy the best location of any hotel in Muscat with a private beach, pool and tennis courts the hotel sits on a headland with a truly fantastic view. Although a little old in places this is more than made up for by the friendly and helpful attitude of the staff. Was upgraded to a suite which was fab but sadly wasted on me as I was only there on business a couple of days, however the pool / pool bar area were really nice as is the main hotel bar. Food at both was very good. Would recommend for business and leisure travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the new building
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay wth us. We do boast a great location with the most beautiful view and I am glad you enjoyed and appreciated it. I am happy you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Thank you for recommending us for both business and leisure and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I would recommend this hotel. Our room was good, clean and spacious. The swimming pool area is 10 out of 10 and the private beach was superb. The hotel were very helpful organising taxis to various sight seeing locations. The food was OK.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time so share your feedback on Trip advisor. I am very pleased to know that you had a good stay and that the staff was helpful in your needs. Thank you for recommending us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Crowne Plaza Muscat - A crown in the city. It has got a fantastic view with a private beach. This is one of the oldest hotel in the country. Very well maintained and most helpful staff. It is conveniently located near the Qurum heights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Muscat. I am particularly pleased about your positive comment “A crown in the city”. I am also pleased you had a good stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I Often stay in the crown plaza for my work trips, in fact i am booked in again for next week. The hotel itself has fantastic views a private beach, tennis courts and fantastic pool. The staff have always been most helpful and the reception staff even remembered that i had cancelled my previous booking due to my Father passing away, I was most impressed when i checked in last time with both Charlotte and the other kind Lady on reception (sorry i did not take her name) but the care and compassion they displayed went over and above what was expected. Its more like returning to a family home than a big corporate hotel, what can i say but looking forward to checking in again june 1st 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Muscat, it’s always a pleasure having you stay with us. I am particularly thrilled to read that we are like family and that our staff has impressed you. This is the kind of service that we work continuously to provide to all our guests and I am happy to see that reflect in your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kind compliments to the name mentioned. Thank you for your positive review and we certainly look forward to welcoming you on your next visit in June.