Crowne Plaza Muscat
$163
$65
$63
$96
Midan Hotel Suites, Muscat(Muscat)(Great Value!)
$65
$58
Ibis Muscat(Muscat)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa(Barr Al Jissah)
$505
$234
$573
$364
1,784 results
All reviewsdukes barprivate beachshiraz restauranttropicana restaurantiranian restaurantsea viewlow tidepool bartennis courtsclub roomseafood nightseafood buffetthe executive loungefree shuttlemuttrah soukopera househotel is situated
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Other reviews talk about the renovation which the hotel makes no secret of. I can tell you they will go the extra mile to do what's needed to make sure its not a problem for you. The works are restricted to 1 wing and the only noise takes place after breakfast and ends before tea. A high spot is the standard of welcome and professional of the staff. Well above the norm. The buffet is exceptional. Go on a Thursday for the seafood night. They set up charcoal bbq's and you pick your own fresh lobsters, giant prawns etc which are cooked there and then for you. Eat as much as you like for a fixed price. The veranda at Dukes bar has the very best view in the whole of Muscat. An unmissable experience. I will be back.

Room Tip: some rooms have a private terrace over looking the bay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Adam B, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay at the hotel, we have certainly tried to accommodate all guests and ensure that the current renovation noises does not impact our guests as much as possible. We looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was most pleasantly surprised when we ordered the steak dinner, it includes half a bottle of wine. The steak was probably the best I have had in Muscat and I am a self confessed carnivore. The mash potatoes were lovely and it was a throughly enjoyed meal. I would definitely recommend popping in for a steak.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see you had such a lovely meal and it meet all you expectations. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I gave my husband a treat on his birthday and organised to scuba dive in Oman. We were recommended the Crown Plaza. The room is pretty standard and in keeping with a 4 star hotel but we had the best meal at the Italian restaurant and the quality of food from the room service menu. The reception staff were great in helping us organise my husband's birthday dinner. I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza and will return whenever we go to Oman.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you chose to stay with us during you visit to Oman, the food & beverage is certainly very good. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat in the near future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for a week on business with the last couple of days pleasure. The highlight of this hotel is the views of the Gulf. The service in the reception area is friendly and efficient. The food in the hotel is good (ate at three of the restaurants) but service in Dukes bar can be slow. The breakfast selection is great and there was an extremely helpful hostess there (Ami). The same restaurant has buffets on the evening, often with fresh cooking and both the food and service are good. I used the fitness facility and they have a well equipped gym. The outside pool is great with grassy areas around and easy access down some stairs to a well kept private beach. On the down side both the rooms and common areas are a bit shabby and the place could do with renovation. Good free wifi. Overall a positive experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor include a balcony overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. The views over the Gulf are certainly great from the either the hotels food & beverage terrace or the guest bedrooms. I am pleased that you had a great overall stay and got to try out the many options available to guests. We hope you choose to stay with us for your next trip and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is located on a hill overlooking the Gulf of Oman. It has a decent pool, 2 tennis courts and a pingpong table (the ball was broken, though). The hotel welcomes you wiith a free drink which you can avail of at the hotel's cool bar in the evening.

For all its pluses, it is an old hotel and badly needs a major renovation. If one plans to go around Muscat, the hotel is not strategically located. The Dollar car rental agency is lousy. The taxi cabs waiting at the hotel charge higher rates than the regular cabs.

While breakfast choices were varied, it was not excellent in taste and I give it a '3'.

I'll most probably book in another hotel during my next business trip to Muscat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear FMD88528,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests as your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. Your feedback is very important to us as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we offer to our guests. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen G.