“Simply perfect”

Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Muscat
Brussels, Belgium
“Simply perfect”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

From the moment we arrived, till the moment we left, everything was simply perfect. We spend 5 nights in thsi hotel for a short vacation. Friendly staff and nice room. Fabulous breakfast. True, the hotel is in a residential area and there is nothing else than the hotel. However, the hotel has it all: good restaurants, pool, private beach, health club. We rented a car to explore the area, but for those afraid to dribe in Muscat, there are taxis.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Theo591
Janet_Turner_DOSM, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Theo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a good and relaxing stay with us in Muscat. I have passed on your comments to all of the team whom I am sure will appreciate your kind words. Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was a another visit (of a total of six over three years). The hotel continues to be good, with friendly, helpful staff in all areas. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Food in the restaurants (all of them) is good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lorenzo_gian
Dear Lorenzo

Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Muscat in the not too distant future
Chennai
Reviewed March 9, 2012

For the money one pays, it is a full value place. Location, hospitality, restaurants, bar etc.are really good. Would like to revisit the hotel.

1 Thank pmanokaran
Janet_Turner_DOSM, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Muscat, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive reviews, I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and do let us know when you are returning, which I hope will be very soon
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The hotel is typical of a Crowne Plaze - clean, reasonably attentive staff and all the four star amenities we have come to expect from the brand.

We know the GM, F&B manager and the Sales Director personally, and if they were aware the kitchen staff refused to deliver fresh cow's milk to our room when requested, I am confident that staff member would be out of a job. Never before at any hotel anywhere in the world has a hotel refused us fresh milk. But why would we bother to even share this with Trip Advisor readers?
Because it is a disgraceful way to treat your clients, that's why.

Don't drop your standards Crowne, or else regular customers like us who expect, and have always received, an excellent level of service, will choose another brand.

Crowne Plaza Muscat is a lovely hotel, but it's about 20% overpriced.

Room Tip: Choose a sea facing room with a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fipty801
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I am really surprised to hear that you were unable to have fresh milk delivered to your room …….

I hope that we can meet next time you are with us so that we can discuss together and ensure that we remedy your dis-satisfaction.

Do let me know when you are visiting
Manipal
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was my sixth or the seventh visit to Muscat over the last five years and easily Crowne Plaza is the place I will keep returning to from now. From check in to check out, the three day experience was enchantng and delightful. The restaurants and bars are friendly and quiet and the breakfast place with an outdoor extension overlooking the sea is just great.

Dear Jo

I am glad that you had a Great Time with us in Muscat. Anyone wishing to have access to the Club Lounge may do so by reserving Club Rooms – which are higher up in the hotel on the 5th and 6th floors , and as you mention, the views are great. I hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This hotel is older than some of the others in Muscat, but I felt it was homely, comfortable and the staff were extremely pleasant. I had access to the Executive Lounge which was a real bonus. I could use the Internet when I wanted, have a drink and a back when I wished. The position of the hotel is great - I love to watch the fishermen coming in with their catch. The poolside was clean, tidy and relaxing. It's slightly out of town, but taxis an inexpensive if you need to go anywhere.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jo W
Finger Lakes, NY
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night on my annual whirlwind tour of the middle east. Such tours leave very little time for eating sleeping or normal human type stuff.

So I appreciate a hotel that handles the basics well and does not overcharge for doing so.

This hotel only barely scrapes through the former and fails on the latter.

Good points:
Nice location
Decent breakfast (it should be for the price).

Bad points
Odd layout with 2 different lifts required to get to the breakfast restaurant
Shower temperature zooms around from lukewarm to hot
Stupidly expensive.

I'd say it is a mid class hotel you'd pay maybe $200-$250 for in Chicago or NYC or some other major city. Here in sunny Muscat I paid $369 for one night, not including breakfast (which was another $32).

The novelty of paying so much for mediocrity is a bit like being handcuffed to a dead zebra. It has entertainment value but gets old quickly. YMMV

2 Thank bradshsi
I am glad that your “annual whirlwind tour of the Middle East” allowed you the chance to stop in Muscat.

We do offer rates which include breakfast on our website, we also offer to 20% discount off some of our rates when they are booked in advance.

I hope that on your annual tour next year you will again stay with us