Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel
Cuisines: French, Polynesian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband & I were at Intercontinental Hotel. We ate there one evening. I was not too hungry & just wanted soup. My husband ate a full meal. A note at the bottom of the soup menu said they will charge =$24.00 American $ if you do not order main course. Rather than pay the extra $$$$. I left, went to the room. My husband ate his dinner then brought me my soup. :( He did say that the service was great.

2  Thank Ange R
Oliver G, Manager at Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Ange R,

thank you for your feedback.

I am sad to read that you felt that you have to leave the restaurant. Yes we have this message in our menus, but we do not enforce it, when one out of 2 is eating a main dish. Since Trader Vic's is most of the nights very busy in the restaurant section, we just want to make sure to be able to provide our guests a table for dinner, since we have also a nice bar area where everybody can enjoy drinks with small bites.

I hope we will get another chance in future.

There are newer reviews for Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We used to live in Oman and Trader Vic´s was a regular choice for finer occasions. We were back with friends this October and we were as usual not disappointed.

The setting in west-Indian / Oceania style is both charming and stylish. The service is first class and friendly and the food is tasty and well presented.

Mr Vic must have been a heavy drinker, at least there is a huge selection of drinks and vines, some quite pricey as well. The menu is quite varied, with everything from Peking duck to french style steaks.

Most of the time it s nice to sit outside, but you need to book very early to be sure of having an outside table.

Dear smbjerke,

thank you for your great feedback.

Especially your comment to reserve a table is appreciated, since it is quite true that almost every evening of the week Trader Vic's is busy, but it is always also worth a try on short term notice.

Hopefully we will see you again in Oman and than in Trader Vic's.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have been to this place a couple of times with friends. What you eat here completely depends on what you order. The first time 4 years back I had this soup ( name that I don't recollect), but gosh! it was so terribly spicy. I am fond of spicy food, but this was more like intoxicating. Again, I had been there twice where ofcourse I never found the food to be anything memorable, but enjoyed the experience with a good crowd of friends.
I did recently however have my visit and trust me, this is the first time I have enjoyed their food and mostly it was starters- their Beef Cho Chos are pretty amazing I tell you. Very succulent and bags of flavor.

Overall I would say a word of prayer before going in there- hoping that the food turns out memorable as it is definitely a pricey affair!

Dear She M,

thank you for your feedback.

I am happy that we were this time able to impress you with our food and I can assure you that we will continue to do our best to do so. The food offerings in Trader Vic's are very divers, which caters almost all different tastes, therefore you might have found now your favorites, which I am glad.

See you hopefully soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed at the Intercontinental and decided to have dinner here one night. We found the food to be average and the cost was crazy high. The hotel is within a short walking distance to a little shopping center that has a few restaurants. If you're not interested in taking a taxi into town to find a restaurant...and you want to stay close to the hotel...I'd bypass Trader Vics and grab a bite to eat at one of the nearby restaurants. The cost for one meal at TV would cover two meals anywhere else.

1  Thank M R
Oliver G, Manager at Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear M R,

thank you for your candid feedback.

It is sad to read that you were not happy with the food in Trader Vic's, which is considered as one of the best restaurants in town. Please accept my apologies that we were not able to live up to your expectations.

Still I hope you will give it another try on your next visit.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service with excellent working team. Best place in Oman to dine and wine. Highly recommended . Thanks Trader team.

Oliver G, Manager at Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear DR AB Hindawi,

an excellent review ;-) - Thank you so much.

Greetings