“good place for a night out”

Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel
Ranked #7 of 420 Restaurants in Muscat
Cuisines: French, Polynesian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Good food although expensive. Live music - latin band plays every night except Fridays. Space to dance. Good bar with interesting cocktails and mocktails. It's a place where one can meet both expats and locals.

Service - bad... The waitresses can be plain rude sometimes. When it's busy, getting your drink at the bar can take a long time!

Oliver G, Manager at Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Katya_k,

thank you very much for your candid feedback, positive and negative.

I deeply apologize your experience with our service staff and rest assured that it got addressed. Actually we updated just recently our menu with some new signature dishes. It is worth coming again to try them out with great service, this time.

There are newer reviews for Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We visited twice and we may not visit again. Food was not really 5* but price is quite expensive. We need to wait too long for our foods to come and staff were not friendly.

Dear EniW_12,

I am disappointed to read that you consider not to come back. I can assure you that we addressed your feedback, which helps us to get better. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope we will get another chance to prove to you that we can do better.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Head to Trader Vic's in Muscat Intercontinental Hotel for some real Polynesian food and great cocktails. The ambience, decor and quality of food is excellent. Service is par excellent with very attentive staff.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Don't come here expecting real Asian food. It's more of a fusion place. In other words: bland. Their drinks are excellent though. Oh, don't expect to get a table at the patio unless you are having drinks. They only reserve this for people who are ordering food.

Dear knightrider76,

thank you very much for your feedback.

Trader Vic's is a Polynesian Restaurant, which is a fusion, with influences out of Asia and America. We offer a wide range of food and taste, from spicy curries to great steaks. I hope you will give us another chance and our waiters are more than happy to help you in finding the right dish for you.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Trader Vics needs to get its sparkle back. The food was ok, I had a steak and although I asked for it medium rare, I got it medium. My fellow diner had the crispy duck pancakes, I am sorry to say I have had better bought from the supermarket and cooked at home. It was a disappointing visit and I will be giving it a miss for a while.

Oliver G, Manager at Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Mercia2110,

thank you for your honest feedback.

I apologize that we were not able to wow you as many other guests in our famous Trader Vic's restaurant. I can assure you that your comments are taken serious and will be shared with the team. Feedback like your helps us to become better every day.

I hope you will still give us another chance in the near future, that you can see by yourself that we can do much better.