“Not real Asian food”

Cuisines: French, Polynesian, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Don't come here expecting real Asian food. It's more of a fusion place. In other words: bland. Their drinks are excellent though. Oh, don't expect to get a table at the patio unless you are having drinks. They only reserve this for people who are ordering food.

Oliver G, Manager at Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear knightrider76,

thank you very much for your feedback.

Trader Vic's is a Polynesian Restaurant, which is a fusion, with influences out of Asia and America. We offer a wide range of food and taste, from spicy curries to great steaks. I hope you will give us another chance and our waiters are more than happy to help you in finding the right dish for you.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Trader Vics needs to get its sparkle back. The food was ok, I had a steak and although I asked for it medium rare, I got it medium. My fellow diner had the crispy duck pancakes, I am sorry to say I have had better bought from the supermarket and cooked at home. It was a disappointing visit and I will be giving it a miss for a while.

Oliver G, Manager at Trader Vic's in InterContinental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Mercia2110,

thank you for your honest feedback.

I apologize that we were not able to wow you as many other guests in our famous Trader Vic's restaurant. I can assure you that your comments are taken serious and will be shared with the team. Feedback like your helps us to become better every day.

I hope you will still give us another chance in the near future, that you can see by yourself that we can do much better.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great food, good range of drinks, wonderful service. Not sure if the all girl band adds to the venue's ambience

Dear Richard K,

thank you for your kind evaluation about our restaurant Trader Vic's.
Actually we receive very good feedback about our ladies band and at a later stage of the evening they are able to get the people on the dance floor.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Food was excellent with a good choice, the only downside is that it is perhaps a little dark so for anyone who struggles with their eyesight they may have a problem

Dear Elayne T,

thank you very much for your positive review on tripadvisor.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your evening. I hope we will see you soon again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very nice ambience and decoration....we enjoyed our cocktails... in fact we tried 3 different varieties of cocktail....and enjoyed all three varieties.....sadly one of my friend ,who ordered for fruit cocktail..,was not that happy..he complained ,all thee varieties of his drink taste similar... ..but luckly for alcoholic cocktails you will get exotic variety of cocktails....wish i could say same about the food.,there is nothing great about the food.,.and the lighting is too dim ,i couldn't even read the menu..with great difficulty my friends managed to read it.....very good live band..nice place to visit with friends for some great cocktails...