“Clean and spacious”

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Muscat
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Clean and spacious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

In Muscat for a few days with meetings around town. The hotel provided an excellent location to get around. The surrounding area itself is a little mixed, and not quite as shown on the TripAdvisor map. There is a supermarket and a TGI Fridays next door. A few Indian or Turkish restaurants, plus at least one Iranian restaurant were within walking distance - in and around the Mosque. The hotel itself is an above average; clean and spacious. Breakfast buffet in the morning was great, with the normal variety of options (cereals, fresh fruits, hot buffet, large selection of breads and cakes) plus the ability to have eggs cooked fresh to your liking. The restaurant in the hotel was fine, trying to be special but not quite delivering. No alcohol. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ahmed A, Rooms Division Manager at City Seasons Hotel Muscat, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Keynes,

Thank you for your kind review and we are glade that you have enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to welcoming you back to City Seasons Hotel Muscat.

Kind Regards,

Ahmed Al Raisi
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed the pool on the roof and the gym during our short stay. The hotel is close to an ATM and food outlets and next door to a supermarket and within walking distance of the beach. The Lebanese restaurant in the hotel has lovely food.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've stayed many times in this hotel and it is always good. An ideal location for the business traveller, in Al Khuwair, with plenty of shops and eating places nearby. Efficient reception staff. Rooms always very clean, but don't expect much of a view from the windows! Plenty of plug sockets, good bathroom. Breakfast buffet v good, with plenty of hot and cold choices, and loads of fresh fruit, Staff a little miserable and not very efficient

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Peter L
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Decent business hotel without any frills or thrills. Clean, and adequate rooms. Lebanese restaurant in ground floor is convenient. Friendly staff and service. Location is good since it is close to the business sector.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Where do I start...I checked in late due to flight arrival time. My trip to Muscat was for business and I stayed here due to Bank Muscat's recommendation.
I had booked a deluxe room however when I got there I was given a so called "upgrade" to an apartment. I agree it was spacious and for my 10night stay there would been good however as I was travelling alone, I didnt need an apartment that wasnt cleaned properly and had damp smell bathroom.

Safety in this hotel was terrible, I did not feel safe at all. On my second night evening I got a phone call from a stranger saying inappropriate things. This phone call was transferred to my room via reception, not once did reception ask me if i am expecting a call, or who the caller was. This only leads me to beleive they have no interest in their guests security. When I complained right away they didnt seem interested until I demanded they change my room at midnight. The person who helped me move rooms did act on this and informed that he has written to his management to investigate etc.

Next day I returned from work back to the hotel, I requested update on what they had done to trace the person who called me late at night. Management denied any knowledge and they hadnt even been informed. I requested to check me out as i still had 7 nights remaining there and I was not safe, they informed I have to go to the people i booked via. I informed them my booking was done on their website but they said its a 3rd party website so i have to contact them. Only phone number on my booking was the hotel's so I didnt know how to contact the "3rd party" and they did not want to help me.
My trip in Muscat was extended and there was no way I was going to chose to stay additional 3 nights here! I went direct to a named hotel Grand Hyatt for 3 nights after checking out of this City Seasons Hotel.

Overall I would say this is a very unsafe hotel for lone woman travellers, I informed Bank Muscat this is not a safe hotel and the hotel staff are not interested in the safety of their guests.

Some facilities information, their pool is a good size, however no umbrella's to give some shade. No staff to request this either. No where to order drinks to have by the pool.

Room Tip: Dont stay in apartment unless you are prepared to be 5 to 7 mins walk away from reception. also no c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mal1979
Sohar, Oman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed again at this hotel hoping it would be great like before. Unfortunetly, it was the worse and had to check out the next day to a hotel that respects its guests.

The room offered was not acceptable. Upon request from reception for change, the reception person was so rude and had to request the manager.

Manager promised a change, but never came back.

When requesting again, it was the same behaviour as the reception.

I had to call company to check me out of this hotel.

I would never stay again in a hotel where the staff are not respectful to their guests.

They need to fix the attitude if they want to keep their customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mujaini
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel a lot on business so am used to the 'bog standard' comfort of the ubiquitous 4-star hotels, and that's exactly what this offers. Decent level of service, very clean, friendly staff, rooms of a decent size and decor and comfy beds. A decent drive away from the heart of Muscat but plenty of places within walking distance to eat, if not to see. And taxis are relatively cheap and easy to find. Breakfast good. In short nothing special but absolutely nothing wrong about it either and I would stay there again on business. If I were in Muscat for pleasure then I'd prefer something more central and perhaps with more character, but then agin it's just a personal preference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business