“Disapointed”

“Disapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Not the best hotel

Large Bedrooms

Noisy very noisy feels like there is no soundproofing between rooms

Had to get the security a few times to get the next door bedroom to turn the music down

Breakfast poor – COLD – even the boiled eggs were cold –

Pool small nice views from pool

Best part of staying was the shopping Mall next door very handy as gave up going to breakfast

Dry no bar

It is in a quite area of Muscat

Would I go back?

I could have booked a much better Hotel
Expensive for what you get

Room Tip: Front of Hotel best view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank cindersBlackpool

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. Checkin/out very smooth, although when busy it can take some time to retrieve bags. The room and bathroom are spacious and generally spotless. Internet was a bit slow. Ample underground parking space. The complex is connected to a supermarket which is convenient. Did not have breakfast. Room rates can be reasonble, due to it being a dry hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sohar, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

this is my second stay at this hotel. its the best on medium range hotels in muscat. my room was not good for the milow and dust allergy. my wife ciuld not sleep will. i open the window to let the air circulate. then she feel ok. i think the AC duct need clean and the carbet need more cleaning.

overall the hotel good and the houskeeping good. the room services good and frindly.

there is taxi standing in front of the hotel all the day. so no worry about finding taxi.

internet free with good speed. also there is tea and coffee with kittle.

bathroom ok and clean.

• Stayed July 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Big rooms, all a bit overstuffed with furniture. Odd decor throughout. Good, well-equipped gym on the top floor. Usually good value.

Room Tip: Remind them at reception if you booked non-smoking!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

The hotel is a new property, very clean and good service , the location is good for both business and leasure. Many fast food resturants are nearby and a big super market and underground parking available as part of the hotel complex. Rooms are spacious , the only problem I see in the hotel rooms are the isolation between rooms , you can hear your neighbours rooms if their voice or TV is a bet loud.

• Stayed April 2012
maj65
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is the second hotel I stayed in in Muscat. I arrived at the City Seasons an hour and a half before check in time. I am glad I did as I do not think they could find my reservation. I was asked to wait about 15 minutes whilst they searched. The girl (Maryam) left the desk area to confer with a supervisor and she appeared worried. I guess that is what gave it away for me. She also asked if I had booked through bookings.com which I hadn’t. I booked directly through the hotels website and luckily I had a print out of the booking with me. After 15 minutes or so she reappeared and provided me with my room card and apologised for the delay. When I asked about breakfast she also told me that she had added it free to my room. I was also provided with a cold Mango juice whilst waiting and my bags were taken to my room by Ronald the concierge. Ronald was very efficient and did not hang around to wait for a tip, yet he was helpful and open to questions.
The décor of the hotel is almost 80’s/90’s like but I would say most of the carpeting and furnishings are relatively new.
I had booked into to a deluxe room which was nice and big with a separate “bar” area, a couple of reading chairs and a comfortable bed as well as comfortable pillows. In fact they provided a variety of pillows to choose from. Be aware though that the mini bar does not provide alcohol to buy.
The only down side to the room itself was the noise. I could hear every conversation/TV show from the rooms either side of me and this became a problem when trying to sleep at night. It wasn’t just loud it was like having the TV on in the room with me. However, once I contacted reception to request their assistance the noise ceased. They could really benefit from sound proofing their rooms.
The breakfast was Ok, nothing to rave about. A fair variety of typical hotel food including some Middle Eastern choices. They provide a large coffeepot which was nice as I could have a second cup without having to ask for it. If you want hot milk the waiter will provide it but if you want cold milk with your coffee you are required to get it yourself form the breakfast buffet.
I had dinner one night and it was a theme “seafood” night, it was 13 Rials and very little seafood. I was disappointed in the quality of the food. There are a few restaurants in the area so don’t be scared to go out and try them.
The coffee shop downstairs makes a decent coffee but it may take a while to get served. I think they also do the room service from there.
The gym is nice and large with great equipment. The pool area has a great view of the surrounding mountains and out to the ocean. Though small there were always enough sun lounges.
I also had a late flight so they extended my checkout to 2pm and I could continue to use the pool area and showers.
Overall if I had to stay in this area of Muscat again I would probably choose this hotel. Otherwise I would pay more and go and stay at one of the beach hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here last year immediately after it opened and it was soulless as there was virtually no other guests. This time it was busy. The room was very comfortable and well appointed, the food was excellent and the room service was very efficient. So what were the negative points? Well the breakfast service was poor, one day I did not get coffee, the internet was slow and there was no hotel directory in the room. One slightly unusual feature is the newly opened Hypermarket under the hotel, you can even get to it from the car park!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo