“fantastic Diving Experience”
Review of Euro Divers

Euro Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Euro Divers Oman is located at Marina Bandar Al Rhowda. We offer daily dive trips, snorkel trips, dolphin watching and PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving up to Instructor level.
Scotland
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“fantastic Diving Experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had 5 days of fantastic diving with Euro Divers, Muscat, Oman. I have dived in lots of places and found these guys were up there for proffessionalism, safety and guest comfort. the boats were well maintained with snacks and water provided. I dived with various staff members and spoke to others during my diving and found all to be lovely and very helpful with both dive information and local tips as well. They will pick you up at hotel or if like me you are staying in a private residence they arranged pick up at a nearby location. The diving itself was fantastic with plenty of variety to see and I got some great underwater photo's. I will hopefully get back sometime over the next few years to try some of the deeper dives where I am told there is very good chance of seeing bigger sharks. I found prices reasonable and equivalent to most european dive sites. thanks guys and safe diving.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
San Diego, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“If it was based only on friendly helpful people it would be a ten”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Start by saying, I was there in mid-October and the water was warm and I always enjoy drift diving.
Items they get a perfect score on: Helpful and friendly.
Things they get an above average on. Clean and what looked to be good equipment. (I used my own but many people I was with all week were in Euro Diver’s gear and I did not see any "gear issues").
Things that need improvement: I hated the fact that there were no radios on the boat. Cell phones worked at the close islands but if something happened on the long haul we would have been screwed. With the investment they have BUY SOME GD RADIOS!
The next issue to some divers will be a non-issue but for some it could be the maker or breaker on the dive. Every group I was with the top side crew assumed we knew what to do and the worst part where we were going. There were a couple of things that highly experienced divers could fix or handle that lessor experienced divers would freak out over. On one dive we were put in the water 200 Meters (600 feet) apart, first to last diver. So the planned two groups (was reworked after we were in the water, to four groups. This is nothing more than the Dive Master and the boat Captain talking to each other. The other one was the boat stayed hovered around the area where he picked up the first group and left the second in the water at the surface for a half hour. We ended up getting into another one of Euro Divers boats and they made a "call" to the other boat to tell them where we were. Conditions were good, but they are not always good and high seas or extreme heat could have made a "surface bob" for that length of time a disaster. To the Scotsman that was with us I am sure his sunburn will fade in a week or so.
Enough complaining. I liked the people a lot. I like the boats and the places they took us. As an experienced diver I could overcome the issues and I have already planned to go back. My advice to someone or a couple with less experience: Make sure you dive with the Dive Master on every dive. That way you will have someone who can keep a cool head if some of these problems crop up. Also (last piece of advice) if you are not used to diving in the Middle East this is a good operation in comparison trust me, I have been on plenty that are worse. (Also on these reviews) This is an honest assessment of what I saw. It was peak season (Hajj Holiday) and everyone was scrambling. One operator had to shut down because his crew refused to work during the holiday. This doubled the workload on the other PADI locations in the area. I scored them the way I did because I can take the good with the bad and there was a lot more good.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jayfromcali
Delft
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Well organised dive trip”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've read the few bad reviews on Euro Divers Muscat, but I can honestly say, ignore them.

Free pick up from hotel, right on time.
Ok equipment, nothing bad to notice here. I've seen better, but I've definitely seen worse.
Boat ok, lots of water and cookies on board.
Safety briefing on board was ok. Staff excellent, really helpful, knowledgable and friendly.

I dove with Nitrox, analyser was present.

The diving itself wasn't the best ever, but one of my friends was there a few weeks before me and saw whale sharks most of the dives!

I would recommend Euro Divers and dive with them again myself.

Visited October 2013
Liverpool
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent weeks diving with Euro Divers”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We completed 11 dives with Euro Divers in June. They gave us good information before our weeks diving and communication was good regarding pick up times and dive sites during the week. There was a good mix of divers on the boat and numbers ranges from 3 to 11 on different days. We completed wreck and reef dives. Visibility ranged from 5 to 25 metres and water temperatures were between 30 and 34!! Good diving practices observed.

Visited June 2013
Muscat
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“One of the best dive operators in Muscat...if not the best”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was certified in 1978 and have over 700 dives logged throughout the world. I just recently decided to do Rescue Diver and Divemaster training and picked Euro Divers as my dive shop. They have recently relocated to Marina Bandar Al Rhowda and the new shop is excellent. The staff are attentive and supportive. I have been living and diving in Oman for over 7 years. Like all locations conditions and visibility change often. It is always better to dive Muscat in the cool part of the year Nov-Mar. Algae blooms come more often in the past 3 years so be sure to call ahead to ensure you will be satisified with the dive site.

Visited June 2013