“Unsafe, Rude and Unprofessional”
Review of Euro Divers

Euro Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Euro Divers Oman is located at Marina Bandar Al Rhowda. We offer daily dive trips, snorkel trips, dolphin watching and PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving up to Instructor level.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I recently took a group of 9 divers to dive with Euro DIvers found them to be a very poor outfit.

First impressions were of a well set-up outfit with great shops front, a good boat and good, serviceable equipment.

This all changed when we actually set off for the dive site. The skipper arrived 15 minutes late (even the dive guide commented on this) and with no checks of his boat, hellos to the divers or an apology we set sail for a 75 minute transit over to the Daymaniyat Islands, after 1 hour 45 minutes the dive guide asked 'does anyone have a compass'?

I questioned the skipper and the dive guide as to why we had set out with no compass and no GPS but the skippers only reply was that 'the water was choppy'! Anyone who has dived the Daymaniyat Islands knows that they are reasonably easy to see from a distance away however we had no land whatsoever in site. We then proceeded to search for a further 30 minutes after which the dive guide announced that we would have to return to the marina and dive a local reef. We (the dive party) had a GPS with us and I asked the skipper to get comms with the dive centre and get marks for the islands so that we could use our GPS to get us there. I was informed that this was not possible as we had no mobile phone coverage, no satphone and no SW radio either!

We refused to go back as we had all driven 6 hours to get to this area. We demanded that we head over to the only boat in site to 'ask for directions'. This we did and managed to get a GPS mark from the fishing boat skipper so we managed to eventually find the islands and do some diving.

At all times through this the dive guide was very quiet, appearing to defer to the skipper who was rude and very unprofessional.

Our boat of divers were predominately instructors from the UAE carrying out visits to the area with a view to returning with other groups to dive the excellent sites around Muscat. We all know what are safe diving practices and the perils of ignoring them and also are painfully aware of how quickly the weather can change and become a hazard.

I dread to think what would happen over the dive site if there was a problem. We were on a boat with no working method of communication and no form of navigation. If there was an incident we could not alert the authorities and even if we did we would not be able to tell them the location anyway!

My advice (after 25 years of diving) - avoid this bunch of cowboys and use one of the other excellent dive centres which service this area!

5  Thank AngusDiver

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've dived a number of times with Euro Divers in Oman, and have just been patiently coached through my Advanced and Rescue Diver courses. I've felt safe, welcome and relaxed through all these experiences, and a recent weekend of diving and camping at the Dimaniyats was a real joy - sharks! turtles! cuttlefish! swarms of colour and light! and a million stars on the beach ...

I have learnt a lot, laughed a lot and can't wait until my next dive with them - if you're a beginner who wants to discover a new world (like my friend's 72-year-old mum!), or an experienced diver who wants to be taken to some great sites (whale sharks, anyone?), I can only say that this lot have always been great and done everything to make my experiences incredible - bless 'em!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Well, after 40 years of wanting to learn how to dive....I did it! The instructors at Euro Dive were wonderful. They were patient, took the time to explain things i didn't quite understand & they were good teachers. I felt quite at ease. I took a course to get my Open Sea certificate and I did it. No problems. I talked to friends of mine that are experienced divers and they all recommended Euro Divers. They all agreed that the instruction was excellent, the staff were knowledgeable, the equipment and boats in A1 condition. I am so happy that I finally did this!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We had two experiences with Euro Divers in Oman, at the Sawadi Beach Resort and at thé Shangri-la near Muscat. Both time we enjoyed the organization, the logistics and the facilities (my wife and I are both diving instructors so we have quite a large experience with these things). The management and the staff is very professional and they have good boats.
The only drawback, and this is the reason of my rate of 4/5 is that the dives are not so good, the visibility underwater (in May and December) was limited, nothing exceptional, compared to say the Red Sea or the Maldives.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I have just finished a course (in November)with Eurodivers in Oman and having seen previous reviews I think it only right to tell of my own experience and can only say how excellent it has been. This is diving as it should be; small, friendly and efficient team lead by Karin. Nothing too much trouble and the diving was beautiful and unspoilt. Good and varied dive sites including Fahal island and saw shark, grouper, barracuda, turtles etc. Visibility is variable in Oman so be aware of that. But more than compensated for by unspoilt nature of the place and the (very)friendly Omani people. Having read the previous reviews I was slightly concerned, but whatever (or whoever)was the problem before isn't there now!

1  Thank TobyMuscat