“Brilliant restaurant - what are they complaining about?”
Review of Kurkum

Kurkum
Ranked #1 of 441 Restaurants in Muscat
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Kurkum (Telephone: 24714114) is new Indian restaurant in Mattrah
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have just eaten again at the magnificent little gem, Kurkum. Unlike the misspelt negative reviews I have read here my experience was totally wonderful. Service was impeccable, the decor calming and pleasant and the food absolutely delightful. I constantly recommend this restaurant to friends who visit the Sultanate and not one has ever regretted my advice. The menu is inventive and delicate and every mouthful is worth its weight in gold. This is a restaurant which would stand up against the best in London, Paris or Dubai. Try it out!

1  Thank Wenbo55

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've been living in Oman for 6 years now and we never tried Kurkum, so my wife and I decided to go there for dinner also because of the good ratings on tripadvisor. We ordered (suggested two times from the waiter) rajastani chicken, kashmiri pulao, dal vegetable paneer, alo gobi and plain nan. The chicken was so sauer that it looks we were eating lemon, the dal vegetable paneer was essentially peas with tomato sauce (where were dal and the cottage cheese?), the kashmiri pulao was boiled rice with some dried grapes. Alo Gobi was decent as the plain nan.
The bill was 36 OR. Seriously? Yes.Bottom line: do not go there. There are better places far less expensive like our favourite (since 6 years ) Woodlands where the food (indian) is great!

8  Thank ItalyLuca66
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The atmosphere is great, lovely little candles, spotless place and so and so
We had a starter which was excellent, and a welcome drink based on rose flavour, very sweet and tasty.
So far, so good, then came the main....
If the portions are generous, it wasnt as Nice as the starter and with just 2 drinks each, we paid toooooooooooooo much money for what it was. Horrendous comes to mind...
Now dont get me wrong, we dont mind to pay money for good food but when the quality is not there, that just drive us mad.
So we came to the conclusion that it was a place for rich cruisers and that we wont go back again. if the food can be a lack of luck, we re still cheewing on the money we spent !

2  Thank BernadetteHaneffe
Reviewed April 8, 2013

simply the best this is exactly what I said at the end of my meal at the renowned fashionable Kurkum restaurant, Matrah Corniche, Muscat Oman. The experience at Kurkum restaurant is a hedonistic mix of wonderful view of Matrah harbour where the lights from the moving?? moored?? ships dance on the surface of its water. It really was a great experience , a mix of international music, exquisite and simply prepared fresh food which can not be faulted in any way. Add to this the art adorning the long wall of the room as well as beautiful vases and of course the best are the two sculptures made of white Omani marble by the great and renowned Ecuadorian sculptor Marco Polo; they sit quietly , their heads covered with beautiful fashionable French silk scarves , they gave one an overall feeling of elation as well as of serenity. There is nothing more I can add to what I have just said of this restaurant except try it and experience for yourself these aspects which I have described . From the flying bird of Knightsbridge London .

1  Thank flyingbirdsl
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The location of the restaurant is perfect. The ambiance was pleasant. For vegetarians like us, there wasn't much of a choice. The prices seemed to be a bit on the higher side.

2  Thank RCS0902