“Good location, but poor in every other respect”
Review of Hotel Muscat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Muscat
Hotel Muscat
Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Muscat
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Positive:
- Central location, in the middle of Muscat.
- We needed an extra night and they accommodated us.
- Free internet

Negative:
- We booked a three bed option, but there were only two beds and a sofa. This was not specified when we booked.
- No towels when arrived, we had to ask several times
- Towels were ALL stained pretty bad with black and yellow stains
- Bad leakage in the bathroom floor, we slipped several times
- Loud music in the corridor from reception at 2 am, we had to call to turn it down
- Our breakfast was included in the rate, yet the waiter argued with us it was not

Mediocre:
- Breakfast is ok, but you can only get instant coffee otherwise you have to pay for any decent alternative

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nomade1111

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was dumped here by the Golden Tulip hotel which had overbooked. I arrived very late and went to sleep almost immediately. Got up and went for breakfast a bit bleary eyed. On my return to my room I put the keycard up to the door and nothing happened, tried again and notice that while there was no response from the lock the door moved. Gave it a push and door swung open. On investigation the door lock was missing - see photos. I know Oman is a low crime country but this is pushing it a bit. I would have gone and complained like mad, but I had to go to a meeting so I just paid and checked out

Pluses - staff were friendly, room was large and clean

Negatives - no door lock, room smelt strongly of smoke, furnishings were worn, nothing in minibar, breakfast selection was poor.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Kitten C
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I moved here from a truly bad hotel. The Rotana Muscat is not part of the International Rotana chain so no points.

It was clean and in a good position, there was a passable gym and a swimming pool in the basement. The breakfast was OK as well. Staff were good and the front desk team made you feel comfortable and welcome.

There isn't much to rave about, its functional and fulfils a need - but it is a good value, well positioned place and I may stay again when on business. As a holiday hotel it wouldn't be enough for me, but every place serves a purpose and as a budget business hotel in Al Khuwar it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in the rotana. The room was not very clean but bigger then other hotels like the ibis. The breakfast buffet was ver nice with a lot of choice. The only things i was not happy about is the unclean bathroom and the very loud climate.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank themaluco
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights on my own. Basic but clean room in a good location close to where I was doing business. Wouldn't want to stay here with my family, but ticked the boxes for solely wanting a place to sleep and shower at a reasonable price. I would use it again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel clearly started off as an apartment block before becoming an hotel. The rooms are quite poor, there is on switch to turn off the lights from the bedside, you have to get up walk to the door to switch off the lights.
Room furnishings are of average quality at best.
My advice, there are a number of hotels walking distance from this one!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TheRealKhairy
Reviewed December 21, 2013

With a central and great location, the hotel is clean and quiet with very helpful staff. The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed. However, it needs renovation. Breakfast was appalling and cookies smelled like fried spring rolls. The number of TV channels is very limited.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business