Tripadvisor
Muscat

“One of the best butter chicken I have ever tried!”
Review of My Dining Room

My Dining Room
Ranked #144 of 621 Restaurants in Muscat
Description: Experience the Unique Flavours, Exquisite Aromas and Culinary Creations from around the Globe at My Dining Room!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The interior inside is beautiful, and the location is close to qurum.

Good choice of menu, and different cuisines from all over the world! The staff are very friendly and the chef was lovely!

Food is spectacular and one of the best butter chicken I have tried and came served in a hot stone bowl, the soup was delicious and served in a bun roll.

Would definetely recommend and the menu is well priced.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (14)

Reviewed January 23, 2020 via mobile

excellent food, excellent stuff. I recommend you guys whenever you visit Muscat next time make sure to visit this restaurant

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

One of the best restaurants in Muscat.. the food was amazing and staff are super friendly, the seating arrangement is great and suitable for those who are looking for privacy. I keep coming back for special celebrations and never get disappointed.. highly recommended and a must try!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 7, 2019

Courtesy of my Darling wife and daughter I had the most sumptuous birthday dinner treat in the beautiful MDR's quiet setting. After receiving a lovely welcome from the host at the door we had the menus best sellers and popular dishes well described to us by the warm Chef Ali after which the very courteous and polite staff took our order. I would highly recommend the Borek, Chicken satay and Crab starters. For mains one must try the finger licking tender 6 hour slow cooked beef ribs and for Dessert I highly recommend the chocolate fondant with ice cream . Service was top Notch and it was one of my best dining experiences.Kudos to the MDR Team . Only thing missing was a glass of wine

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 7, 2019

We decided to have our anniversary lunch at MDR. My Dining Room is located opposite city seasons hotel in Al khuwair and the restarant is on the first floor having an indoor seating for 68 guests!
They opened early this year on 17th May 2019 and surely child friendly also providing highchairs. Wifi is also available here for all guests.

So once you enter this place, it feels very posh! The furniture, tastefully done interiors, good seating big comfy couches, a really long table to give u the feel of sitting at a dining table with a large family / friends. They also have seatings with curtains incase u need privacy while dining here. All in all it felt very delightful to just look at the venue. The manager of the place Mr. Santu Bagchi welcomed and gave us the royal blue extensive menu which listed culinary creations from all around the globe.

Once seated, the super Chef Mr. Yusuf Ali came to meet us and served us a complementary bite sized light entree. It was these really cute cups of chicken curry tartare. Had a mix of crisp salad at the bottom and really delish chicken on top. Garnished with a edible roasted spaghetti.

We ordered the cream of almond chicken soup. A very rich creamed soup with generous chicken pieces cooked perfect and a nutty flavour of almonds served in a soup bun.

Dynamite Chicken. This starter was coated with a sweet and spicy chinese sauce and presented so beautifully.

Chicken dum biryani : This was baked in a dough pot! We asked for a high spice level on this. But it had a very subtle flavour of spice when served to us. None the less it was delicious. Theres a peanut raita and olive mixed with pickles served along with spiced papad to compliment this dish.

Chicken alfredo pasta : This dish was fine in flavour though i generally like my pasta more creamier and softer. But with one bite, it felt a bit firm in texture almost like it was cooked al dente!

Mango chia pudding : This is a healthy twist of mango pudding infused with chia seeds, mango pulp and coconut milk with small bites of fruits. SO SO GOOD!

Passion Fruit Mojito : was tooo sweet for my liking, he asked if more lemon should be added to balance the mix. But we just had it that way!

At the end, our chef gave us a complementary dessert which was gelatin and egg free. A pure veg version of the super delish chocolate mousse. Really sweet gesture to end our experience here.

Over all this fine dining experience is a total treat for anyones taste buds and eyes too with the presentation of eveything being Spot On ! Thus i would say a true gem which must be experienced!

Date of visit: December 2019