Safeer Continental Hotel
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$170
$130
Midan Hotel Suites, Muscat(Muscat)(Great Value!)
$58
$97
$75
$57
Agoda.com
Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa(Barr Al Jissah)
$505
$182
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel was a nightmare; I had problems checking-in - even with the reservation confirmation in my hand, the hotel couldn't find my booking.

Eventually they food me a room. complete with a compressor and a bulldozer.

I slept with tissues stuffed in my ears to drown out the sound; unfortunately the tissues didn't stop the vibration from the 24-hour construction site next door.

Room Tip: Get a room far way from the construction sites.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The room given to us was a suite room. It has king size bed, 2 TVs, big bathroom, kitchenette and a lounge. From our room, we have a good view of the rocky mountain with uniformly white-colored houses on its feet, great view! The free breakfast does not have much selection but good enough to fill you. The business center has only one computer and it was not working the first time I used it but the staff was very responsive and solved the problem after few minutes. Generally, the staffs are helpful and polite. The hotel looks old but it is well kept and clean all the time.

It wasn’t a top notched accommodation but for the amount we paid for this hotel, it was very much worth it! If you are in a budget, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the mountain.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abbyness
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I visited this hotel with an Omani friend and enjoyed the stay. We had a small suite like room with sofas, 2 tvs and a small kitchinette. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were very enjoyable and varied with a good array of fresh fruits and juices changing daily. Apart from the hot food on offer, a variety of omlettes were available. Beds were comfortable too. A large number of restaurants, laundrettes, barbers shops and shisha cafes are available nearby.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is an ok place to sleep, but both the location and the ambience are non-descript. I booked a room but got a spacious but rather gloomy self-catering suite. The sitting room of the suite had a connecting door to the next room where I could hear my neighbour breathing, so I was glad of the separate bedroom. Restaurant nothing more than average, but there's a good cheap shwerma/kebab cafe about 100 yards down the road. Good internet connection included in the price. I don't know if it was just while I was staying there, but the foyer (and, to be fair, only the foyer) often stank of lavatory.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with an inter-connecting door to its neighbour
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I travelled with family and stayed in an apartment which included a living room , two bedrooms , two bathrooms and a pantry. The pantry which came with a tea/coffee maker , a micro-wave and a mid-size refrigerator turned out to be quite useful for our family needs . One bedroom was with a double bed while the other was with twin beds. All the three rooms (2 bedrooms and living room) were equipped with a TV providing a mix of regional and international channels. All in all, fairly good facilities for a family’s two nights stay in Muscat. The breakfast spread at the restaurant was adequate and filling.
The staff was polite and friendly throughout our two day stay. I must not forget to add a special mention of appreciation about the Operations Manager - Mr.Mohan Semwal, whom we met at the time of check-in, for his thoughtfulness and consideration to the needs of my family of elderly parents and children. It was heartening to experience an element of human touch in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family