Tripadvisor
Muscat
All reviews public park juice bar rooftop pool is very nice running track laundry room al khuwair reception team dry hotel no alcohol the check in process location is great excellent breakfast would stay again enjoyed my stay pool and gym recommend this hotel perfect stay
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

I stayed for 1 night in late December. The hotel is decent, but not really in a walkable area, as Muscat is made for cars, not pedestrians. I was disappointed in their temperature control. When cooling the room, the maximum setting is 22 C. I usually like my room hotter, and it was impossible to make the room cooler, but above 22.

Also, I was greatly disappointed in the phone call at 9am, informing me about my laundry service. I checked in late from overseas, and wanted to sleep until 12 noon. Upon complaining to the manager upon checkout, they said they would look into it, but offered no compensation or anything.

In addition, their airport pickup service is terrible. It is contracted out to some shady taxi drivers, who didn't even wait for me at the airport. One of their friends needed to call him. And then i was charged 16 rials, when I discovered later that a normal taxi should be less than 5 rials.

I would not return to this hotel.

1  Thank Jas0n2013
1AliNader, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear Jas0n2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and provide us with a constructive feedback of your recent stay.

I am happy to read you found the hotel to be decent but I am also concerned and disappointed to know that you had issues with the AC thermostat and the disturbance caused plus the taxi service that were not to your satisfaction. I am further disappointed that you decided not to come back to the hotel and that it had affected the ratings up to a huge extent which is 2 star.

Even though I was disappointed to know of your dissatisfaction however I'm happy that you had shared your genuine feedback & we have taken your comments into action & hence would assure better services next time you visit us.

We are genuinely concerned and would love to have you visit us again to experience the improvements of services that you have every right to expect. Kindly contact me directly for your upcoming visit to Muscat and I will be delighted to assist you.

Ali Nader
Front Office Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair

Reviewed January 10, 2020

From the moment I arrived and until I left I was treated as an old friend rather than a first time guest.
Room was very comfortable on the 6th floor, courtesy of Christine at the Front Desk.
Nice and satisfying breakfast spread, maitre d' Palas and also welcoming staff Kajal, Nina and Mikka, as well as chef Vivek and three other chefs and other people in the waiting staff.
The front desk was friendly and helpful Rana Lily Abdul Aziz Idrees were always happy to help.
All in all a friendly hotel, nicely situate, reasonably priced for Muscat with a nice breakfast. Within walking distance are many restaurants which are very reasonable and all ethnic foods of the region.
Jedd and Mohammed at Housekeeping always at the ready to help with the needs.
I have written in my blog about this hotel and has included many photos

Without doubt this is where I would stay on my next visit to Oman

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1AliNader, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear aungkhant
Thank you for your encouraging comments and for taking the time and the effort to write us a review.

I am very happy to read you found the hotel in general to your liking. I am also happy to see great comments about the service and facilities that highlighted the experience you had whilst a guest at our hotel.

I will share your evaluation with the team and I know they will appreciate your very positive feedback, as it will continue to motivate them to perform at this level.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair.

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Hilton garden inn.

Very comfortable hotel with a nice rooftop pool. Modern clean interior. Staff are excellent. Easy convenient parking just outside. Great location for restaurants and shopping. Roads around the hotel are a bit confusing. Getting into the hotel from the main road requires weaving and winding. Follow Google maps no matter how weird the route seems.

Only complaint... The buffet is a tragedy. Food tastes okay, but the various bins are left mostly empty. And the variety is terrible. You might be able to tolerate one visit. But don't try the buffet twice.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1AliNader, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear 7268
I am happy to read you found some aspects of the hotel to your liking and I am also happy to see some good comments about the service and facilities that highlighted the experience you had whilst a guest at our hotel but I am also disappointed that we did not deliver the full experience to you. Rest assured that your comments have been taken into serious consideration and I have discussed this with our Food and Beverage Manager for further corrective action and retraining on those areas.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Staff very helpful and attentive, new and fresh property, great rooms, nice rooftop pools and great value for money. Free parking, which is convenient, because Muscat is not made for walking. Will definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear steffen168
Thank you for the constructive feedback and the comments, and for the high ratings, we look forward to #SEEyouSOON!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

The hotel is what you'd typically expect - clean, decent sized rooms, etc. However, we had booked in on NY Eve, assuming that (like many international hotels in Muscat) assuming that they would have a NY Eve party - it was the one factor that led us to select the hotel over other options available, and we were thus disappointed. Especially since it isn't mentioned anywhere.

The location is ok - there are other options that are better value for money or better located.

Date of stay: December 2019
1AliNader, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Muscat Al Khuwair, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear HenryHeinz

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to our hotel. Your feedback is valuable as it enables us to understand the problems you faced in more details thus assist us to also improve these points in order to ensure any future visit is problem free.

Even-though we are a dry hotel, there are places around that serve alcohol within a walking distance from the hotel which is 2 to 5 minutes walk.

I would like to ensure that you have not left us feeling bitter or greatly disappointed as we are genuinely concerned and would love to have you visit us again.