“Good Value, Good Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Muscat

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ibis Muscat
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Muscat
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good Value, Good Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed for two nights in transit. The tourists attractions in Muscat are very spread. the ibis was reasonly equal distant to the corniche to the east and the airport to the west. It is not very far from the Muscat Grand Mall, a short walk and from the Grand Mosque a RO4 taxi ride.

Room Tip: A rom overlooking the street is probbaly a better view than the otherside that looks at the wall of...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ibismuscat, General Manager at Ibis Muscat, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat.

All the associates from the Ibis Muscat, Oman join me in thanking you for your valuable comments following your recent stay with us.
Be assured that your message will be passed on to our team who have contributed to your satisfaction.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about our hotel as well as the constructive comments for us to improve our service

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Muscat, Oman, or to any of our properties worldwide.
Sebastien Vincent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel while waiting for my connecting flight from Zanzibar to Muscat then home to London all paid for by Oman Airline.
All I can say the hotel is very clean, has all the mod cons all cable channels and free internet, the staff are very helpful and pleasant.
The breakfast buffet was excellent well prepared and had loads to choose from.
For what it is you can't complain to be fair.

Stayed January 2014

Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My friend and I had a good stay here. The location is not the greatest nor is the room cleanliness, but given how pricey Muscat is, it did the trick.

However, I need to mention Francis, the most helpful staff member at the hotel. He helped us arrange for a taxi tour of forts in the surrounding areas and wanted to make sure we had a safe driver. Thanks, Francis!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat.

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at the Ibis Muscat, Oman.
It enables us to critically assess our performance and understand the required areas of improvement.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendation about the service of our associates

Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

One of the reasons we booked the Ibis hotel was because of the shuttle from the airport which shows on booking.com. We waited 1 1/2hrs and no shuttle so we took a taxi. Be aware there is no shuttle, the hotel and booking.com blamed each other.

After that everything was fine. The room was good, it was nice and clean, lots of TV channels, safety deposit box, coffee and tea maker. The internet in the room was intermittant but always worked great in the lobby and it was free. We were there as tourists. Taxis were 7 OMR from the hotel to the airport. We bought BigBus 48 hour tickets on the internet. I recommend that is the way to go when visiting Muscat.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat.

We wish to thank you for having chosen our hotel to be your hosting hotel during your stay in Oman.

We have noted your comment on the information provided on Booking.com about the Airport Shuttle and have amended it accordingly to ensure correct information are provided for our guest satisfaction.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon at Ibis Muscat.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

It is a typical budget business hotel with just adequate room. Quite clean. Limited staff at reception. WiFi is free and it is truly a benefit.

The rates are higher than what it should be. The rates also vary depending on the day of the week. You need to negotiate for the best rate and ensure breakfast is included. Breakfast is just okay.

Lu Lu shopping center is just across. It is easy to find taxis around easily.

Take care of the luggage deposited at the reception. Somebody took away my luggage to the airport. However the hotel staff (Mr. Mirza) was nice enough to retrieve the same in half an hour.

Room Tip: Choose a room at higher floor as the view is better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ibismuscat, General Manager at Ibis Muscat, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Ibis Muscat, Oman.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very personal feedback on our hotel through TripAdvisor

We have noted your concern on some aspects of our services and we will ensure the luggage procedure is revised to ensure proper handling and training reinforced to avoid such reoccurence

We look forward to welcoming you soon at Ibis Muscat, Oman.

Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I am typing this review from the Ibis Hotel in Muscat, Oman. I am in a very small room, about 2.5 x 3 meters. As I said in my title, Just the basics, nothing more. A small closet, a small table for my laptop that doubles as a dining table, and a small bench.

Hotel is clean, and some staff were helpful (Francis) and some front reception staff were very dry faced. No smiles, very automatic robot like.

The bed is very comfortable, and the pillows very fluffy. Three complaints however:

1. My biggest problem with this hotel is the non smoking room I asked for REEKED of cigarrette smoke, especially in the morning. I woke up to the smell of cigarettes.

2. Internet was VERY slow, even after plugging a network cable in the laptop. Still disgustingly slow.

3. Food very expensive, but I guess being this a hotel it is expected. I think that anyone staying here should find a close restaurant and save half the money.

Overall, this hotel is OK for someone coming to Muscat for one day and going back to Dubai, or someone who is out all day and just needing a place to sleep. Like I said, don't expect much however.

Room Tip: If you select a NON SMOKING room, make sure you see it before you move in.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very personal feedback on our hotel.

It is through feedback that we are able to critically assess our performance and understand the required areas of improvement.

Our rooms might be seen as tiny but they are 19m2, a good size for economy hotels, they come fully equipped with Internet (cabled and Wifi), Flat screen TV, mini fridge, in room safe, tea coffee facilities and IDD telephone.

Nevertheless, rest assured that we have shared your feedback regarding your overall experience with the various departments concerned so we can take corrective measures where and when possible. Furthermore, we will continue to conduct courses to ensure the service delivered to our guests is up to the Ibis standards at all time.

While we can not undo what has past, we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and restoring your confidence with Ibis and more particularly with Ibis Muscat, Oman.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

In view of all the below good reviews, i too selected IBIS MUSCAT for my stay.
But sorry to say that – I really had a HUMILIATING experience with this hotel last weekend. I travelled from Dubai to Muscat and noted below the approach of IBIS MUSCAT towards customers whoever reading this are it accordingly. Personally, on my experience, I would CERTAINLY NOT RECOMMEND this to anyone, since they are least bothered of the inconvenience caused to customers due to their negligence and were more than happy to see us leave the hotel.
They offer ONE RATE IN THEIR WEBSITE (“Winter offer – Sweet Winter Deals”), since I Couldn't find an option to book the same ONLINE, I called THEM for help and THEY INVITED US TO AVAIL THE OFFER OVER THE COUNTER, AND WHEN WE REACHED THERE THEY propose us totally different rates citing that their staff had made a mistake in confirming the Rates for which customers has to PAY EVEN IF THE WEBSITE DISPLAYS THE OFFER & IN SPITE OF THEIR STAFF CONFIRMNING ME THE SAME OVER THE PHONE,
Website / Morning Shift Staff/ Evening Shift staffs – all offer different Rates & packages & doesn’t coordinate each other ( on Telephone confirmation of the offer, I traveled from Dubai to Muscat n When I reached the Hotel to make the booking, they advised they were unaware about this offer (inspite of confirming me over the telephone just hours ago), on my request they checked the webiste n found the info correct. they advised they would chek & let me know, since I was plannning to check in by evening. They called up and advised me a new rate to which I agreed due to my time constraints fort the day. When I was present for check in, a different set of staff was present & they increased the rates further. 3 different rates offered from the FRONT DESK STAFF on the same DAY. HUhhhh. It was more than enough n I left the place for which the staff was least bothered).
Its not about a couple of Dollars, but the credibility of information dispalyed on IBIS WEBISTE And the info provided provided by the front office personnel ( Inlcuding shift Managers ) at different times. I hope the IBIS Management notice this post and try to avoid such similar inconveniences to customers, if they really cares.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very personal feedback on your experience during your last stay with us .

Based on your comments we have clearly failed to meet your expectations prior and during your stay and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and lack of service you experienced.

We will ensure the information is passed on to our team as well as that promotion or information is made clear enough in the future to avoid misunderstanding

Sebastien Vincent

Travelers are raving about these Muscat hotels