“Very delightful fusion”

Ranked #11 of 447 Restaurants in Muscat
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had my best meal in Muscat here. Try the Ubhar Fowala which is good for two persons. Also make sure you mention your food allergies before ordering so they can make necessary adjustments. I am allergic to a certain vegetable so I had to forgo at least two dishes. The service is reasonable and the place is clean.

3  Thank riain

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We ordered the Fowala and we weren't disappointed. Some really interesting flavours which kept me guessing. I wasn't a fan of the taratur and the hommous was a little chalky, but everything else was great. The food was served pretty quickly as well. I wish I could go back for lunch today.

3  Thank The_Next_Escape
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Been to Ubhar earlier for an interesting meal but this time it was a no go.

The service staff refused to take us in at 10.15 , though we asked them their closing time and they mentioned that the last order is at 10.30 . There were 2 or 3 tables still occupied.

On our request to take us in, the staff were more interested in closing down rather than accommodate us and chose to look away. Extremely rude !

Will never try and visit the place again.

5  Thank foodiemalu
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Ubhar is a place everyone in Oman should visit. I visited the place for the 1st time as per my friend's advise and I found myself addicted to the vegetable curry and frankensece ice cream they do. on my last visit 2 days ago I tried the Omani Shuwa and rice and I got addicted as well. will visit toooo soon.
the service is great and all the waiters are friendly.
very cozy and so unique,
I really like the place
we became friends with the operation manager as he always visit our table and gives us great recommendations.

2  Thank Talal H
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Disappointed and disgruntled is how I would describe my experience with this restaurant. Have never come across such an inhospitable behavior in any restaurant that I hv visited to date.

It is the fourth time that we have gone to this restaurant and have been turned away. I truly wonder whether the guys there are paid to send away their guests. ..In this so called fine dining restaurant of Oman.

We were refused a table on the flimsy excuse that they were busy preparing for a party next day...A most ludicrous excuse actually given to us which made us feel unwanted and extremely unwelcome.

To top it all, the gentleman in question was unapologetic and arrogant.

Definitely not worth the trouble. I would never bother visiting this unfriendly place again.

3  Thank kareenasingh