“Good hotel for a short business trip, too pricey though...”

Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Muscat
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Warm welcome from the staff on the front desk. Room was modern and clean with a comfortable bed. A proper shower was a nice change from climbing into a bath to shower. Wifi was chargeable but free to Club Carlson members and was really very good, even for streaming video. Dinner in the attached RBG was ok, Peroni on tap was nice after a day in a hot and humid Muscat. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was good with a large selection. I may stay here again if there was an offer but I think it's a little overpriced for what it is. Maybe I was spoilt by the Al Bustan Palace on my last visit to Muscat!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

We are committed to providing outstanding customer service for our guest. We are very happy that you enjoyed Park Inn by Radisson Muscat and would love to have you to stay in our home again in the near future. Please do contact us and will personally look after your reservation. email: gm.mctpd@rezidorparkinn.com

With Best Regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2012

On arriving at 7pm I was informed that I had no booking in the system even though my agent had called that day to confirm it along with the booking for my colleague (whose booking was in the system). I found out later they had overbooked the hotel. After telling the receptionist that my colleague and I would just move to another hotel he decided to move another guest and find us a room. We were then sent away for 2 hours will the rooms were made ready; this was not ideal considering we had flown in, in the morning and then worked all day. When we got our rooms I discovered my room was a smoking room. The smell in the room was unbearable and on waking in the morning I had a very sore throat. In addition to all this the fire alarm when off on the first night at 1am; no apology for this was made by your hotel. I raised a complaint on checking out but they took no action and provided no apology.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Radbrave
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We certainly love to have the opportunity to make this up to you so please feel free to contact us (email : gm.mctpd@rezidorparkinn.com ).

We understand your disappointment and appreciate your comments that give us a chance to improve and provide better service.

Rest assured all is noted and we are currently working on the issues mentioned, to avoid reoccurrence.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson Muscat in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Muscat is an expensive palce and the price of the hotels reflect this.
I stayed in 2 hotels in Muscat all of 1 km apart. The first was The Park Inn which is a mid-size hotel of 6 floors located off the Sultan Qaboos Hwy. At the moment it doesn’t have a lot going for it in regards to position, but a very large shopping mall is being completed just up the road from it. So if you enjoy shopping you won’t have to go too far.
The standard rooms are on the small side with not a lot of room to move if sharing. Only one lounge chair for sitting in to read. The shower is a walk in shower which is good as there is no need to step into a bath. We were in room 304 which is directly across from the lift but this wasn’t an issue. The beds were comfortably firm but the pillows were the lumpiest pillows I have ever used. At the prices they charge surely they can afford some decent pillows.
Breakfast was 8 Rials ($20 AU). We did not participate and the restaurants were never busy. They place a small breakable lock on the fridge to avoid disputes over mini bar usage. So you need to break it if you wish to place your own cold drinks or milk in there. They supply a few free tea bags and coffee but the milk is powdered. However, they will supply fresh milk if asked and room service was prompt. They also have alcohol on sale from the mini bar in your room.
Parking is plentiful and free but wifi isn’t. Considering most hotels offer free wifi these days I think they need to catch up with the times.
The gym is small but with good equipment and free for guests. Be aware they may have ladies only times so check with the gym attendant. They provide a massage service and the massage itself was very good as a combination of relaxation and Thai massage. The pool area is nice and is open at night for drinks.
Be aware that Muscat is very spread out and at present there is not a lot near this hotel. I would advise hiring a car.
Expect to carry your own bags to your room if arriving in the evening as they do not have a concierge in the evenings. Not a problem for me but with the competition around they may want to rethink that one as it is always nice being greeted at the door and being relieved of your bags after a flight.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AnitaJW3
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a good base hotel if you only want a place to crash at night. Clean and spacious but nothing special. The shower would suddenly turn cold or hot so be careful. The breakfast is the bare minimum of what a buffet should be. And at night you can hear the beat from the bar on the rooftop. The guy at reception was great though. When I asked about wi-fi he gave me the code for free for my entire stay (two nights).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Reviewed April 2, 2012

this is a business hotel , located in a bit random area, but its an efficient hotel with a great rooftop bar and really friendly staff, Ask the front desk staff to print my e ticket from my black berry, no problem! taxi are in front of the hotel so transport to town is taken care off without any delay. I stayed here 2 nights

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback!

We are committed to providing outstanding customer service for our guest. We are very happy that you enjoyed Park Inn by Radisson Muscat and would love to have you to stay in our home again. Please do contact us and will personally look after your reservation. email: gm.mctpd@rezidorparkinn.com

With Best Regards,

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Quite like the hotel. Average size rooms, good service but beware of sitting in the ajoined restaurant and bar. Although the food is good, when sat at the bar (at the back) the smell of the bin from the grill area can be a little much. I have only stayed here a couple of nights, so it might change, but on both occasions I mentioned to staff that I was moving from my original seat away from the bin. Both times got no reaction. That's not cool. Maybe a regular washout of the bin would help here, as I know that being a grill bar they will need a bin. Still, I dont need to smell it when I am having a beer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed at the Park Inn twice for a total of 4 days on a business trip. It is modern, comfortably but not lavishly appointed, very clean and will be fairly well situated once the construction and road work around it is finally done. It's not far from the airport, which makes it good for short stays when arriving or departing the country, but it is quite a distance from the centre of Muscat and I don't think there is a complimentary hotel shuttle. However, it is within walking distance of a Lulu Hypermarket and a big new shopping centre with a Carrefour and eating places is just about to open a little further down the road. Otherwise it is a desert of highways and empty lots. Staff are well trained, polite, friendly and helpful, although my wake up call was 20 minutes late the first morning. The rooms are well equipped but mine had a truly awful smell (from the plumbing, I think) and housekeeping had not checked to ensure that the soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower had been refilled (it was empty). The wifi in the rooms is fast and reliable. Room service is prompt and probably a better bet than the buffet restaurant in the atrium-style foyer, which doubles as a cafe outside of meal hours and is noisy and has mediocre food. There is also a table service restaurant/grill next door which is more expensive but better food. The gym facilities were fine and there are special women-only hours. However, I don't agree that it's a good choice for business travellers. I don't think there is a business centre. Most of the clients there were part of tour groups and there was a huge contingent of children in Oman for a swimming competition, so the place was noisy and the buffet over-run and not quickly restocked. There isn't much lobby area and nowhere you can sit and talk informally to business contacts. I'd recommend it for one or at most two nights, but not for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks outside, not into the atrium, and on one of the sides which does not face...