“Value for Money”

Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Muscat
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Value for Money”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Have stayed here a couple of times. Good value for money hotel. Recently built, so not run down. Neat clean room. Havent had a chance to try the restaurants, but have heard great things about their roof top restaurant.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this review, December 6, 2011

We would like to brief you about Sama Terrazza. It is popular for its panoramic view and relaxing environment with lounge music, ultimate venue to relax and refresh after work. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, DJ Tahir will play lounge music to set the mood for a great weekend. We would love to see you at the top where the fun starts!

We look very much forward to be welcoming you in the near future again.

Park Inn by Radisson Muscat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 13, 2011

As soon as you enter the lobby, you will be awed by the high ceiling to the roof. In the middle is the hotel's restaurant.

It has a scenic elevator & the lines all over the hotel is very much a trademark of Park Inn Hotel - VERY SIMPLE & STRAIGHT BUT NEAT.

What I love this hotel is the Rooftop Swimming Pool with Bar. It is overlooking the city & great way to hang around with friends. Lighting is perfect & service is as usual - very efficient with Filipina waitresses.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to businessmen & tourists alike... infact, it is being used by airline crews.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
What an amazing review! Thank you very much for your valuable feedback about the hotel and we hope you had a memorable stay with us.

We are committed to providing outstanding customer service. Please contact us directly at gm.muscat@rezidorparkinn.com to discuss your experience further. We look very much forward to be welcoming you in the near future again.

Wales
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This hotel was a second choice due to not being able to get in the Crowne Plaza for the full time of my stay in Muscat. It was an excellent choice!

I arrived at about 5am and the check in was efficient and quick; exactly what was required at that time. My room was very comfortable with all the amenities I would expect from a hotel at this level. Ceanliness was at the expected level.

Breakfast was a buffet with an excellent selection and opened very early (06h30) allowing me to enjoy breakfast and make early business appointments. I ate in the attached restaurant and grill the four nights. The choice was a little limited and the food of a good standard but nothing special. Staff were very friendly and the service made each dinner very enjoyable.

The roof top bar was a lovely place to sit in the evening and gives a wonderful view out over Muscat, the ocean and the mountain backdrop. This is unusual in Muscat as most buildings are low rise so you seldom have a far ranging view.

Although close to the main Sultan Qaboos highway, the hotel was very quiet.

Previous reviews made reference to the proximity of building sites. I accepted this as a norm in the newer areas of Muscat as large tracts of land are undergoing development at a rapid pace.

Overall I would happily stay at this hotel again given the quality and experience measured against the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
PIbyRD_Muscat, PR & Executive Secretary at Park Inn by Radisson Muscat, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful and inspiring feedback!
We are very happy that you enjoyed Park Inn by Radisson Muscat and would love to have you to stay in our home again. Please do contact us and will personally look after your reservation. email: gm.mctpd@rezidorparkinn.com

With best regards,
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed November 5, 2011

My husband and I travelled to Muscat for pleasure and stayed at this very clean, comfortable, quiet, modern hotel. The staff was excellent even after I called to ask for directions, twice. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. The buffet breakfast was very good with a large selection.
The bed was comfortable and we were able to watch an NHL hockey game on tv which we haven't been able to do in Dubai. We only had a light dinner at the grill restaurant but it was very good with good service. We would certainly stay there again. And I recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson Muscat for some more pampering. Please be sure to let us know when you’re coming so we can reserve your favorite room for you.

London
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel is well situated for the new shopping centre (when it opens) and is fairly close to the airport. Currently there is a building site around it - although the noise is not a problem. The roof barbeque is popular with locals and provides a good view of the area. However there is now a discotheque atmosphere which may not be to everyone's liking.

The rooms are adequate 3/4 star quality. The meeting rooms on the other hand are quite good.

The breakfast room, grill room are at best OK and the swimming pool is on the roof. This hoel does not have any outside space and to get to anywhere you need to take a taxi. The staff are helpful - even though not very knowledgeable and the new management are trying to make a real difference. So generally it is what you expect at a Park Inn - reasonable value for money at a reasonable location.

Room Tip: Higher floors are not a problem because the lift service is really good.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest feedback. We understand and appreciate your comments that give us a chance to improve and provide a better service.

Please be informed that during weekends (Wednesday and Thursday), Sama Terrazza rooftop lounge is set up for a live playing DJ. It has a regular clientele that has steadily been building. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with a conducive environment to unwind that is reflected in our selection of menu, beverages and music.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Inn by Radisson Muscat in the future.

Aberdeen
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have just returned from Muscat and completed the hotel survey which I include below....

Pool Bar
I could not understand why the Sky Bar @ poolside could not open at 5pm instead of 6pm. Many guests were near the bar and many people tried to get a drink and all refused. There were always 6 to 7 staff preparing the tables and bar area from 4.30pm onwards.
After work, it would have been great to relax with beers on the roof bar instead of going into an enclosed restaurant/bar.

RBG restaurant
A large smoking outdoor covered area seperated from the main dining room is available, but you were not allowed to take drinks into this area. There is no windows, so this area could no be seen by the public. So I could not understand why this rule exists. When I asked staff, I was simply informed this is the policy. It would be good to know why the policy is in force.

Laundry
I used laundry once and despite calling early evening for my bag to be collected. I hung the laundry bag on my door and when I came back to my room late at night, the bag was still hanging on the door handle. Next morning it was collected quickly.
I asked for all my shirts to be folded so they could be repacked into my case but they all came back on hangers.

A daily English language paper delivered to the room each morning would be great, even it was optional and chargeable, I would be pay for a newspaper.

Reception
Great staff. Attentive and so helpful everytime I had approached them
Got my late checkout with ease and no fuss. Amy was very nice, along with the others.

The waitresses in the main restaurant at lunchtime were simply fantastic. So pleasant, happy, smiling, fast to serve, quick to deliver drinks, always on hand - even when it was busy. They are a real asset to the hotel.

Room service was fast. BUT the priority service button on the phone never worked. I always got through to reception who had to transfer me to room service or laundry.

My room was cleaned spotless every day and the the cleaners were great and not intrusive.

LuLu hypermarket is 5 minutes walk away and if you are into Indian cookery (like me), then you could spend hours in the cookshop area and spices section.

The only one downside to staying at the hotel is the access road if you are driving from the any side of town. After leaving the freeway you have to negotiate through narrow streets and poorly parked cars/jeeps/trucks to get back to the hotel. Bad news if you need to pop back at lunchtime. However, departing the hotel is a doddle and you are on the freeway in a couple of minutes. NOTE: you can take a short cut to the hotel by getting off the freeway at the petrol station (Oman Oil) at the edge of LuLu's car park and cut thru the car park. Can sometimes shave 10 minutes of your return journey if coming from the North.

I used the Park Inn pool during Ramadan as the Radisson BLU pool was get a make-over and did not pay much attention to the hotel, and admit was a bit apprehensive when I was booked in the PI by the company travel agent. I have stayed at other Park Inns and found many of them to cheap, worn, shabby, Ibis-level budget hotels. However, I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised at the high level of room furnishings, the food in all the restaurants, the bars, the professionalism of the staff and overall hotel quality. It was excellent and at half the price of Radisson BLU will definitely be staying at the Park Inn on my subsequent visits.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the outside perimeter rather than those that face into the giant atrium. View...
2 Thank Nigel R
Thank you for your honest feedback. Please accept our apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We certainly love to have the opportunity to make this up to you so please feel free to contact us (email : gm.mctpd@rezidorparkinn.com ).

We understand your disappointment and appreciate your comments that give us a chance to improve and provide better service.

Rest assured all is noted and we are currently working on the issues mentioned, to avoid reoccurrence.

Tehran
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We where in Park Inn for a 6 day business trip.
Considering the location of the ministries to the south of Al Kuwair St. the hotel is almost well located. The is in a calm area near a junction but the business area is within a 1.5 km walking distance to the east. There is also a chain supermarket ("Lulu", which is the most successful one in Oman even though its not very classy) about 400 meters away where you can buy almost everything you need.
The taxi fare is too high if you get one from the hotel (3 RO = 8 $) for the shortest trip and there are no meters installed on the taxis (not only the hotel taxis but all the taxis in Oman)
The rooms and the lobby are rather clean. We had a problem with the room service which i can guess was due to the lack of sufficient personnel. The timing of the room service was rather unpredictable which wouldn't bother as we were not using the room during the day (leaving for business) but one day they had totally forgotten about it!
One big problem with the door keys (Cards) and the password to the free WiFi was that almost every day they would stop functioning and we had to go to the reception for changing the key or getting a new password.
Breakfast was only OK but nothing special.
The rooftop pool is a great place for relaxation and they also serve a BBQ dinner there (Be ware of the mosquitoes at night)
The food at the restaurant is OK considering the fact that you don't find too many good ones in Oman.

1 Thank HappyAmir
Thank you for your honest feedback. Your review is valuable to us. Please accept our apologies for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We certainly love to have the opportunity to make this up to you so please feel free to contact us (email : gm.mctpd@rezidorparkinn.com ).