Midan Hotel Suites, Muscat
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Muscat
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed with Mac and his Team for a total of 5 weeks before finding a residence in Muscat. It was a great stay and everything from the pre-arrival administration through to the coffee and laughing with Mac on the day i checked out was faultless.
The place is immaculately clean and serviced by a great bunch of ladies for whom nothing is too much trouble. Good quality beds and excellent linen which really aids a restful nights sleep.
Reception is run by a great guy called Sumit who is so professional and helpful that it is actually hard to describe. He is a real gem and Mac needs to hold on to him! As an example, i came down to breakfast one morning and asked Sumit if it would be possible to have a dvd player in my room. He said that he would try and sort it out. When i got back to my room, after breakfast, there was a dvd player connected to my tv.
Its a great place and i heartily recommend it to anyone coming to Oman who wants comfort, more than the normal bedroom and bathroom that you get in most hotels and great, great value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank MikeInOman

Reviewed February 11, 2011

As new arrivals in Muscat, my wife and i had some reservations. However the friendly staff, great room and good food soon put us at ease. I definately recommend Midan Hotel suites

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MuscatMax
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We had a very pleasant stay at the Midan Suites and would definitely recommend it. Whether you travel for business or leisure, it is definitely a great spot to stay. The hotel is conveniently located in the Ghubrah district with easy access to main roads, shopping, restaurants. The staff in the hotel is extremely friendly and helpful which makes you feel at home. We didn't try the gym and massage facilities because we were out and about most of the day but we ordered room service from the Thai restaurant and it was superb.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank UmYousef
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I found the Midan Hotel staff a cut above the rest when it comes to serviced hotel apartments. Having stayed at the hotel for over two months upon my arrival in Muscat, I cannot fault the attention to detail from the room decor to the friendliness of the staff.

A very refreshing change from the other purported business traveller hotels in Muscat.

Simply excellent.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Muscat2010
Reviewed June 4, 2010

It was sort of a mixed trip. Whilst I was there for "leisure" purposes, I was actually visiting family who were there for "work" reasons. As a business hotel, this is brilliant. The staff are so friendly and everything is kept in very good order. The rooms are very comfortable, giving all the luxuries of your own home/appartment. The decor is attractive with large, comfortable chairs and settee in the ample sized living area, with a large dining table and chairs at the other end.

We stayed in a 2 bed appartment. The master has en-suite and the "family" bathroom is at the other end of the suite. The only thing that confused me to start with was having to switch the water heater on outside the bathroom before getting hot water for my shower. But in fairness, my parents didn't think to tell me so how would I know.

It would have been nice if there were a swimming pool but I understand that being a primarily business hotel it probably wasn't necessary. We didn't walk anywhere directly from the hotel but I understand there are some nice parks close by. I would say to make the most of your stay you need to drive or get taxis/lifts. A big plus, however, of not being right in the middle of things is the peace and quiet. Whilst there are general atmospheric noises, the local children are well behaved when playing outside and there are no late night commotions outside your window. Also, first class restaurant!

All in all, I loved my 10 day stay and I would love to go back. I would highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010
2  Thank Traveler186220
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Stayed at Midan Suites not long after it opened in 2008 for 4 months, and because of the great experience then, we have returned for another 2 months. A great experience with well appointed, comfortable and clean rooms. The gym and massage service are great, as are the dining facilities on the ground floor at the Cafe and the Thai Basil restaurant. ( best Thai food in Muscat). Best part is the service with extremely friendly and helpful staff always ready to assist with every need. Free wireless internet is a welcome bonus. Location is average in Al Ghubra but conveniently halfway between the airport and city. The suites have been well maintained since new and I recommend this establishment to anyone requiring above average accommodation at good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I have stayed at the Midan for approximately 4.5 months out of the last 8 and will be returning as soon as I can. I have no hesitation in recommending this establishment to anyone who is looking for somewhere to stay whilst in Muscat. The staff are very welcoming and go out of their way to make one feel like a very valued guest while at the same time making it feel like returning home. The service is of an extremely high standard and the restaurant food is very very good, "the best Thai food in Muscat" I was told, by friends who live there, and I certainly agree with that. It may not have the luxury or the facilities of the hotels like the Chedi or the Al Bustan but the Midan is not trying to compete with the tourist market as such. It is an excellent business hotel with all the attention of a small, friendly, family run hotel and it deserves the esteem in which many of us travellers hold it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple