“Breathtaking”

$75.00*
and up
Gili Island Snorkeling Day Trip
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went to the island from Bali which took about 2 hours on a very choppy boat ride but upon reaching the island, the trouble was no longer in my mind as the view of the island was breathtaking.. crystal blue waters and white sandy beach welcomed us to paradise. the atmosphere was great, people were friendly, no traffic except from the horse carriages, cyclists and pedestrians. there's a lot of restaurants, bars, hotels and small boutiques to suit your liking.. there's a long stretch of beach for you to choose from.. whether to be a midst the crowd or be secluded from them.. it's definitely a place to be to relax, chill and get a tan! i went back from lombok and it also took about 2 hours to get to the lombok airport. so basically its either 2 hour boat ride or 2 hour taxi ride to get to paradise.. :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,834)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went to the island on a day trip. If you are traveling from Lombok, perhaps it's better to ask your hotel to recommend a boat operator. We stayed at Sheraton Senggigi & took a hotel taxi to the jetty. The driver recommended a decent boat operator. If you can afford it, please hire a private boat. The reason because public boat often shared w so many people & the safety is questionable. Please insist on safety jacket too. The current & wind can be very strong & for someone who's not a strong swimmer like me, this can be a heart wrenching moment. The island otherwise is worth a visit. We managed to walk around the island less than 1 1/2 hours. You can rent a bicycle or horse carriage (will not recommend). There are plenty of restaurants, 24 hours ATM machines, bars, hotels, etc... Must visit if you happen to be in Lombok or Bali.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Gili Trawangan is awesome. Wonderful atmosphere wonderful people it s honestly one of the more idyllic places on the earth. No traffic but enough bars and a scattering of restaurants and shops to keep you in the real world. By comparison the other Gilis were slightly lacking in interesting things to do. Diving was wonderful too - loved it!

1  Thank Kate P
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Better than I could have imagined great beaches and peace and quiet no motorised transport. The deadly treadley was a great way to get about. Very cheap cocktails also 2 for 1 most places. Gilli T one of my most favourite places in Indonesia. Will be back next year for much longer and giving Bali a total miss.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We decided to make a break in our visit to Bali island and spend 2 nights in this wonderful tiny island. We must say that we should have spend at least one more night as I would like to enjoy of it a bit more.

The island is small and there are no cars and motor items allowed, so the only way to move is walking, by bike or renting the horse cars, which is a recommeded experience, but a bit expensive.

We decided to rent a bike for a full day and made a tour around the island. Must say that the conditions of the bike are not very good (ours was in a patetic way, and when we were on the other side of the island which is inhabited, the chain was broken and my husband had to drag me with his bike... which was not bad, ha ha). The breaks didn't work properly, eirther.

Must be said that although in the map it is said that there is a road surrounding all the island, the north part of if is full of sand and it is impossible to use the bike on it, so you must get down of it and go walking.

But I must say that it is totally recommeded to rent the bikes and go to the inhabited parts of the island, mainly during the down, that you must go to the west side. There are some isolated beach bars there that offer you the possibility of having a nice cold drink while you can enjoy the wonderful sight of the sun downing behind Bali island.

If you like to do snorkelling, this is the place. There are plenty of organized trips offered with glass bottom boats. I must say that we didn't rent one of this trips as they were completely crowded and we prefered to do it by our own. You don't need to go too far. We just snorkelled in front of Villa Ombok hotel, close to the reef and the sights of the coloured fishes was fantastic. Lots of them, different ones. It remebered me of my Maldives experience, which has always been the best.

In resume, totally recommeded for relax and disconnect from the crowded temples of Bali!!!!. Its a must place, if you like white coral beaches.