“Fab”

$75.00*
and up
Gili Island Snorkeling Day Trip
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Better than I could have imagined great beaches and peace and quiet no motorised transport. The deadly treadley was a great way to get about. Very cheap cocktails also 2 for 1 most places. Gilli T one of my most favourite places in Indonesia. Will be back next year for much longer and giving Bali a total miss.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"explore the island"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We decided to make a break in our visit to Bali island and spend 2 nights in this wonderful tiny island. We must say that we should have spend at least one more night as I would like to enjoy of it a bit more.

The island is small and there are no cars and motor items allowed, so the only way to move is walking, by bike or renting the horse cars, which is a recommeded experience, but a bit expensive.

We decided to rent a bike for a full day and made a tour around the island. Must say that the conditions of the bike are not very good (ours was in a patetic way, and when we were on the other side of the island which is inhabited, the chain was broken and my husband had to drag me with his bike... which was not bad, ha ha). The breaks didn't work properly, eirther.

Must be said that although in the map it is said that there is a road surrounding all the island, the north part of if is full of sand and it is impossible to use the bike on it, so you must get down of it and go walking.

But I must say that it is totally recommeded to rent the bikes and go to the inhabited parts of the island, mainly during the down, that you must go to the west side. There are some isolated beach bars there that offer you the possibility of having a nice cold drink while you can enjoy the wonderful sight of the sun downing behind Bali island.

If you like to do snorkelling, this is the place. There are plenty of organized trips offered with glass bottom boats. I must say that we didn't rent one of this trips as they were completely crowded and we prefered to do it by our own. You don't need to go too far. We just snorkelled in front of Villa Ombok hotel, close to the reef and the sights of the coloured fishes was fantastic. Lots of them, different ones. It remebered me of my Maldives experience, which has always been the best.

In resume, totally recommeded for relax and disconnect from the crowded temples of Bali!!!!. Its a must place, if you like white coral beaches.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Gilis are a diver's paradise. The water is pristine and the marine live very diverse... most divers should be able to tick off many items on their bucket list when diving in the Gilis. Also snorkeling is among the best around.
Out of the water, however, the place is not particularly inspiring as it is still more of a backpacker place - even if the prices are not suggesting that. Food is hit or miss and if it is either this or that often only becomes apparent when the meal is served.
The place has potential but, unfortunately, it is so laid-back that general maintenance and cleanliness are lacking. With the right incentive system I am sure local labor could be organized to take better care of the environment.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've seen pictures from friends who have gone there, but I have no idea what the island like. It was bigger than I expected and there were also more people than I thought. I like the fact that there are more europeans tourists there though.. cause if I go to Bali I'd mostly find australians peeps.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Expecting beautiful beach with soft white sand and clear blue waters with fishes swimming around but was utterly disappointed. The beach was lined with boats along the entire stretch facing other Gili islands. There were no soft sand but hard dead corals that prick/cut your feet when you are walking towards the sea. The other side of the island is quiet without boats but rocks line along the beach. Parents who planning to bring their kids for some beach fun, please skip this place.

Along the beach are restaurants, diving schools, snorkeling booths, etc. While the food & drinks there are not as expensive as Bali, the price is almost there. A good meal of grilled seafood costs about US$30/pax.

There is an open area just by the public boats drop-off point where you can find local food during night time (6pm - 10pm). Eating there is cheaper than other restaurants along the beach but still expensive going by the standard.

If you have plans to visit this place, I would advice not to spend more than 2 days unless you have an agenda for diving and snorkeling.

1  Thank XiaoMahGe