“Amazing & Beautiful”

$75.00*
and up
Gili Island Snorkeling Day Trip
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Bali a few times and decided to visit Gili T. Honestly the most beautiful island I've ever visited. Everyone is friendly and so happy. Absolute paradise. I rested for three days, snorkeled, had massages are and drank. I was so sad to leave and will definitely be going back again one day.

There are newer reviews for Gili Trawangan

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Gili Trawangan is a beautiful Island it probably has one of the best beaches in the world I have ever seen. There are many places where you can hire a bike and explore the glorious island. Despite these positives the horse treatment on this Island makes me feel physically sick. I am amazed that all of the reviews I have read about the Gili Islands not one has mentioned this major issue. This is animal abuse on a large scale. I can honestly say that if I had known that this was going on here then I wouldn't have come. I have been here two nights and was planning to stay here for at least a week possibly two but after what I have witnessed no chance. I can not actually wait to get off of here and go somewhere, which probably sounds crazy but it's true. When I arrived in Gili Trawangan I waited for my boyfriend who went off to look for the accommodation we had booked and in the space of 15 minutes I witnessed what I could only describe as torture. Horse carriages were being loaded to bursting point with building material such as sand bags, wooden pallets, roofing material and tourists along with their heavy luggage. One horse struggled to even pull the cart because of the weight it looked absolutely agony. After witnessing this I did some further research online which broke my heart further. Horses on this island only live for a few years because of the way they are overworked and treated, on average a horse should live up to 25 years does that not shock you as much as it does me. I have not seen one horse since
I've been here have a drink there are no water buckets anywhere, come on this is a basic requirement even for people. They are given very few rest breaks and look physically and mentally exhausted many can barely move another inch yet there are owners are whipping them and pushing them on. Basic education and common sense is needed why is the government
not enforcing basic laws to protect these animals. I dragged my case miles to and from our accommodation because there was no I way I was going to make a horse endure this kind of pain for my own selfishness. I don't see how tourists can live with themselves using this mode of transport, you should be ashamed of yourself. What kind of world do we live in if people think this is the way we should behave. Have a heart and care. This is happening on all three Gili Islands and around other parts of Indonesia. It's safe to say I will not be returning to any of the Gili Islands or recommending it to anyone until this mode of transport is abolished or serious changes are made. I'm not trying to preach to anybody but if you plan to go to any of Gili Islands then please do not use the horse carriages and makesure that you make your opinions known, after all it is tourism that this island thrives on and if tourists didn't use them then there would no longer be any use for them. Yes the way the carriages look and are portrayed seem lovely but take a closer look at the animal that is suffering for own selfishness. The last day I am staying on Gili and I have refused to leave my accommodation because I can not physically watch anymore of this torture. I have signed a petition online through an organisation campaigning to put a stop to this. There are currently just over 2,000 signatures so please do your bit and sign up. This isn't the dark ages anymore why is this kind of abuse still going on. When
returning home I will be doing further research into how I can help in stopping this!!!

14  Thank Imorris13
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous. Feels like u're in heaven.. all is perfect (except food, i think). sea is crystal clear. Superb! Not just for honeymoon-ers. If bali is full of party,big wave to surfed and wine, gili trawangan offer calm, wine and amazing sea-sight seeing

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently took the fast cat from Padang Bai, Bali direct to Gili Trawangan.
Boat is safe; they provide bottles of water, and if you have the opportunity, sit up on the top of the boat. Great views and takes away from the cramped conditions below.

Gili Trawangan is a beautiful island that can easily be covered on foot. You can rent bikes or take a cidomo (horse pulled cart) for the novelty value. I travelled with 5 Balinese friends, and while they were in awe of the island, they did comment that it is very similar to Sanur. Beautiful beaches, great food spots overlooking the harbour, but many tourists...

Definitely walk to North Point for the sunset. There is a boardwalk and many vantage points. Take water because the warung that was once there is no longer. We did snorkel off the main beach. Be adventurous and swim past the moored boats. There is obvious attempts at protecting the marine life and the coral/fish is better past shallower water. Many places to rent fins and snorkels beachside.

Nightlife is alive and well. Clubs and bars take it in turns to host live music and there is a definite beach party feel. We were content to buy bottles of alcohol and drink on the beach... but that is more in line with the Balinese way.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Gili trawangan is very beautiful,, like a paradise in Lombok.. You have to try biking til snorkeling at Gili.. Miss gili so much, i've been there for three days and that's an unforgettable experience.. can't wait December to go there again.. yippiii...