BayView Inn Motel and Marina
HIExpress.com
$260
$195
Travelocity
Skipjack Resort Suites & Marina(Marathon)(Great Value!)
$189
Orbitz.com
$217
$149
Groupon.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Coral Bay Resort(Islamorada)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstiki huta small convenience storegrill areanice poolreal floridasliding glasssmall kitchenwonderful amenitiesmiddle keyslower keyskeys stylelaid backold floridakey westsmall beach areaocean sidewould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was our second time to the Bay View Inn and we were welcomed back like family! We come from a frigid climate so our *warm up* time is precious to us regarding location along with friendliness factor. Kathy and Ed are two of the most gracious people one might choose to meet. They are extremely busy with all the day-to-day functions and schedules running and maintaining a business by themselves and yet they take time to have a heart-felt conversation along with perfect tips about little known things to see and do.

I won't tell you which room we love but will tell you to expect clean rooms, each with a particular decor/theme. As has been reviewed before, this is not a high buck commercial hotel, rather a home away from home kind of place. If you want towels, etc all you have to do is ask for what you need and exchange the others. If you want day to day maid service and loads of pampering, go to that commercial hotel. If you want a place to feel joy, stretch out and breathe, then this is the shining gem in the stretch of Keys coral. We are so full of gratitude for Kathy and Ed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you want a 5 star hotel then stay at one. If you want to stay at a place that has the feel of what the Keys is really about - especially for locals - then check this place out. I live in Key Largo and ride my bike to this property - very biker friendly (bike as in Cannondale Bad Boy 1). They have a great tiki bar overlooking the water that you can eat at. Just go inside - grab something at the deli (had a GREAT cajun turkey sandwich) and sit at the tiki bar and enjoy.

As for the rooms - if you have a problem just talk to the front desk. They want to become more successful and feedback / fixing problems is the only way that will happen. The place is quite and really allows you to get away from it all. If you want a Duval street situation then keep driving to KW. If you want something simple and laid back - for a good price - stay here.

I didn't actually stay in a room - just rode my bike down. So I can't speak to the quality of the rooms - many others have written about them. I can only talk to the outside property / manager.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

On January 12 and 13th we stayed at Bay View. It was a way too short mini vacation. The rooms are super clean and neat and have everything you could need. If you are expecting something fancy, just keep driving. We brought our boat and docked it right behind our room. The ramp is also right next to the rooms. How cool is that! Open up the sliding doors and there's your boat and a view of the Florida Bay. The people staying in the room next to ours come down every year from Ohio with their boat and stay a few months. That says volumes about the place. When we were leaving, we had a problem getting the boat out of the water (ok, we're new that this boating stuff) and the gentleman at the front desk used her own truck and showed us how to get it out. Next time it will be a snap. Since we live two counties north of there, we'll definitely be back.
Wanda and Al
Pembroke Pines, Florida

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vagabond037
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Clean, basic, bay view room........no frills.....but I would highly recommend this place to those on a budget. The owners are lovely and provide you with home cooked muffins and coffee in the morning. The view from our little dockside deck was enjoyable....chatted with the other motelers, and watched the huge pelicans sit on top of the tree across the bay. The pool is very quaint and nice and my favorite thing was the hundreds of plants that lined the walkways. Hope to come back one day!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank keenansm0m
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I found ourselves without a room thanks to expedia. We were pressed for time and dreading a six hour drive home after a 17 hour work day. We pulled in to what we first thought was a small convenience store and charter company. My wife went in to get us a snack and something to drink while I sat outside pondering our next move. After only a couple of minutes my wife came running out the door with two thumbs up. I asked her what was going on and she told me that this was not just a store but that we could get a pet friendly efficiency at an unbelievable rate even though it was Thanksgiving weekend. Once settled in memories came to me about my father and his friends dreaming about opening a small inn that you could fish during the day, dock your boat, and cook your catch at night. Our room was super clean, comfortable, with sliding glass doors in the back that opened up to our private dock. There was also a nice pool and a well stocked store. Thank you Cathy and Ed for what turned out to be a wonderful weekend. This coupled with a great mid-islands location will keep us coming back to the Bay View Inn whenever we have a job in the Keys. Dan & Joan, from Pine Island, Florida.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business