“View is good-food is mediocre”
Review of On The Rocks

On The Rocks
Reserve with OpenTable
On The Rocks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: On The Rocks features home-cooked, American cuisine and a breath-taking view of Lake Lyndon B. Johnson in the heart of the Texas hill country.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place is really hard to find, especially if you use a GPS. Just look for the signs off the main road. It's an old house that has been converted into a restaurant/bar. It's typical lake motif. Patio has a nice view but you're a ways away from the lake. Food is average. Service was good.

There are newer reviews for On The Rocks

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Between Marble Falls and Horseshoe Bay, there's a hilltop surprise waiting for those wanting to explore the culinary offerings of the area with both indoor and outdoor dining offered. Owner/Manager Matt Orlando will receive you with his affable personality and find a table to suit the atmosphere you're pursuing. Outdoors and overlooking Lake LBJ is a well provisioned bar with a tropical flair, as if it could have come right out of one of the old Humphrey Bogart movies, except that this one has two ample flat screen TV's mounted in the center on both sides of the bar for the sports fans who increasingly are discovering this almost hidden "place to go". But don't let inclement weather discourage, because everything that's available outside (dining and bar) are available inside. Our service was good, and so was the meal, with special kudos for Matt's creation, "Pistachio Chicken", a must-try for lovers of exceptional chicken dishes. Wednesday nights are "half-price" bottle nights (for a full bottle of any wine on the wine list), a real mid-week draw, and Thursday nights are $1.50 beer nights, both of which are very appreciated by the patrons. During non-summer hours, On The Rocks opens for evening dining at 5:00 p.m. We plan to enjoy another happy evening the next time we're in the Marble Falls/Kingsland area, exploring the Highland Lakes on the Texas Colorado River.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our waiter was very disappointing. My husband and I came to celebrate my birthday, and I was just excited to take in the view. I have been there once before and really loved the food and the ambiance, but this second time was extremely disappointing. We waited more than 20 minutes for our calamari appetizer, and when the waiter finally came, it was served with a side of ranch. I asked if they had marinara like what it said in the menu, so he said he will be right back with it. After more than 30 minutes, still no marinara, and I saw the same waiter refilling other people's glasses and walking to other tables to get items for other people! I felt discriminated. When the waiter finally showed up after more than 30 minutes to serve our side salad, he didn't even mention anything about the marinara. I was completely frustrated and informed him about my disappointment, he just apologized and did nothing about it. I decided to just get the check and leave. I figured the main course we ordered would be just as bad anyway and may take at least twice as long. Thank you so much for disappointing me on my birthday! My husband and I went to another restaurant that same night, and my birthday was redeemed.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have been haunting restaurants up here since my teen years in the early 70's. Anyone visiting the Hill Country should not expect the same level of restaurant service they expect to get in Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, or wherever you call home - it is just that way, so relax, slow down a bit, and thank your lucky stars you're spending time in the Hill Country. Having said that, the reviews about bad service a couple of months ago are correct about that time period. So what did they do? Go out and hire more service staff. It was that simple. The patio bar is open now, and there is music on Summer weekend nights. They handled a group of 25+ for me last week just fine - separate checks and everything - no American Express. Two miles and five minutes from the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott, about ten minutes from downtown Marble Falls.

1  Thank wjk3
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just stopped for a drink. Great view and resonably priced drinks in a quaint outdoor bar environment.