“Tidy Welsh Welcome”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a meal in the Talardd today and were not disappointed as everything we read about it was right. The food was delicious, each of us had different meals but all enjoyed. It was also lovely to see a real fire roaring away in the fireplace, especially on such a cold day.

The hosts were so friendly and helpful, and the restaurant had such a warm welcoming atmosphere that we really felt at home. This little pub made me feel so proud to be Welsh. I'll be back (now in a minute)!

2  Thank PollyAnna268
There are newer reviews for Talardd Arms

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Pub food at its best. Plus a good pint and an offer to join the local film buffs. Really welcoming pub. Thanks.

2  Thank Phil R
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I always enjoy myself here whether for a meal or the quiz, only disappointed when they run out of a special. Food is always hot which is sometimes not considered in other restaurants. And a good cwrw too.

4  Thank Chris270
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is an amazing pub and the food is amazing. The hosts John and Ann are a very nice couple and all of the staff are friendly. We stayed locally and the owner of where we stayed had arranged a lift back from the pub with the owners and they obliged.

The food was absolutely gorgeous and well worth the wait, as it is cooked freshly. We had the home cooked chilli and faggots, mash and peas, which we can recommend.

If you are ever in the area, I would definitely highly recommend this pub for food, or just a nice quiet drink.

2  Thank 366marke
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was able to visit the Tallard again on my recent trip to wales and once again enjoyed a delightful meal in this friendly relaxed setting. There was lots of choice on the menu and the staff were happy to explain where the ingredients were sourced (mostly local, fresh) and the Welsh inspiration for the choices. I had salmon, which was delicious, served in watercress sauce. Each time I visit this place I wish I had the opportunity to visit more often - it feels like being with old friends, a place where I can relax and catch up the recent events. There was pool match between the pub team and another local group, Swansea had just won their match at the weekend and I caught up with the news about the wind far appeal. Perfect!!

4  Thank ruth t