“Amazing value”
Review of Loch Awe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Loch Awe
Loch Awe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loch Awe
“Amazing value”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This was my first holiday with Lochs and Glens. It was the most amazing value. We had lots of good trips out and saw so much beautiful countryside. The hotel was a lovely old building on the banks of Loch Awe. It even has its own railway station. The staff were all very pleasant and the food was very good. There was evening entertainment, and there was a very nice atmosphere. Lovely log fires burning in the big public rooms. I was a single traveller and had a room with two single beds and a good sized bathroom. There were no windows, apart from a skylight. However, there were superb views from all the public rooms. A very enjoyable holiday, and absolutely amazing value for money. A lovely venue and lovely people.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank WMM183G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Suffolk UK
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just returned from my first trip with Lochs & Glens and Dave as our driver. Excellent trip with plenty stops on the way. I was initially given room 36 which was tiny, stuffy & only a porthole for a window so high up I couldn't see out of it, but when I asked for another room the lady on reception was very nice & changed it straight away for a bigger room with a lovely view though I did wonder why I wasn't allocated the better room from the start . The only fault with this room was the draught coming through the window making it chilly sleeping but I solved this by turning the bed round!! You have to remember this hotel is quite old but very beautiful!
The excursions were good, the hotel food was lovely & I will definitely use Lochs & Glens again

Room Tip: Avoid room 36 at all costs!! I was given room 102 which looked out over the back gardens & moun...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Jean G
norfolk
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I came back yesterday from my first tour with Lochs and Glens and Kevin as our driver, and what a fabulous five days I had. I was in room 213 , with a stunning view, and I loved watching the train go by. It was clean and comfortable, and the double bed was super, i could have laid in it all day! I only had a shower, no bath, but that suited me fine, as we had a very busy three days, and packed a lot in which was great. You don't need the biscuits etc which you can bring yourself, and bring the ones you like. As long as you have tea and coffee that's all that matters.
We had such a warm and friendly welcome after our long journey, and our keys were already left in our doors which was good. The menu had plenty of choices and the food was always hot and tasty, do try the haggis, I loved it! The place runs like clockwork, but you never feel rushed, and the staff were first class. There was music every night, and you could sit there with a glass of wine, having a chat, and enjoying the view. The weather was also very kind to us, and I have this morning booked a trip next year at their newest hotel, so I am really looking forward to that. Thanks to everyone for a truly fantastic time!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank timothyNorfolk
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I have just returned from my 2nd Lochs & Glens holiday and will be going again. After a long trip up, with plenty of stops, we reached Loch Awe Hotel. I was with a group of 11 friends and we all fantastic views of the loch from our rooms. My room 209 has 3 rooms which give very impressive views over Loch Awe. The food, rooms, entertainment and trips were all of excellent standard and Dan was an excellent driver and tour guide. An added bonus was the weather, wet overnight but dry and sunny by day and almost too hot on Iona on a May Sunday afternoon. Highly recommend and will be back again

Room Tip: Room 209 is excellent for views and Room 201 good for disabled person in a wheelchair
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank 214Wiltslass
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here over Easter weekend couldn't fault it food lovely our driver morag very knowledgable of the area rooms spotless and the view was awesome we had a sherry reception on the sat nite and when we came for breakfast Easter sun we had a little eater egg on our plate lovey touch would definitely return

Room Tip: We emailed hotel asked for loch view and got it
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Linda_w852
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have just returned from the Loch Awe hotel where we had a fabulous few days. The hotel is situated on the shore Loch Awe with stunning views across the loch. The hotel is a typical Scottish mansion stroke castle. The staircase is a wonderful sight, it is wide and as lovely woodwork panels. The room 209 which we were in overlooked the Loch and the Oban to Glasgow railway line. Do not worry about noise from trains though because there are only about four a day and not at night time. The staff are fantastic, they will do anything for you. The food is very good although it is a set menu with a choice of three starters , three or four mains and a choice of three or four sweets. The hotel is in a small village so if you want shopping you would have to go to Oban or another larger town near by. Unless you are on a package with Lochs and Glens , you would need a car. All in all this is a wonderfully peaceful place.

Room Tip: second floor was lovely and quiet and lovely views of the loch from room 209. NO SWIMMING POOL OR F...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JOHN E
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We have just had another lovely holiday with Lochs and Glens at their hotel on Loch Awe, the hotel looks like a fairy tale castle, inside it is so warm and welcoming with a log fire in reception, the food was first class, with several choices at each meal. the trips out each day took us to Fort William in the north and Dunoon in the south, highlight of the week was the trip to Iona, we went by ferry from Oban to Isle of Mull then an hours coach ride to the other side, then a short ferry trip to Iona,the weather was perfect, the island so quiet and peaceful. The views from the hotel are beautiful , my daughter took so many photos of the loch, as it looked different every time we went out, with different reflections in the water.would love to go in the autumn to see the trees in their autumn glory. will have to start saving. Don`t know how they do it for the price, as everything is included.Thank you Lochs and glens staff and drivers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
#3 of 3 in Inveraray
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Loch Awe Hotel? Share your experiences!