“Local store loch awe Scotland”
Review of Loch Awe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Loch Awe
Loch Awe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loch Awe
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Having just taken my first coach holiday with Lochs & GLens I would just like to say what a friendly hotel we stayed in. Could not fault the staff, food or rooms. My shock was the small local store, a friendly shop where there is a small selection of gifts that were on average 40% cheaper than the larger gift shops, well worth a visit.

2  Thank Bigbird2712

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My very first coach trip anywhere, anytime. Lochs and Glens really set a standard for all the other companies to try and live up to. Hell of a long way from Norfolk by coach but made as enjoyable as possible by the brilliant coach driver. Travelling alone is not always a good prospect but I slotted in OK (I think). The single room was clean and comfortable although no view from the window - no matter, I didn't go on holiday to spend time looking out the window. Food good, staff very good. Would definitely use Lochs and Glens again for sheer value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - and away from the entertainment if you like early nights.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank guhor
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We travelled to this hotel with Lochs and Glens, they also own six other hotels. Their hotels can also be visited by travelling by car. This hotel was amazing, our room was very large with en suite bathroom and flat screen tv. Breakfast is amazing and the staff will ask if you require any extra toast. Dinner, varied menu, if you do not eat what is on the menu you can ask for something else, I ordered salad most evenings as I am a fussy eater. The staff are also excellent nothing is too much trouble.Traveling with Lochs and Glens makes it easier to enjoy the scenery that must be seen to be believed. This hotel is very comfortable and warm.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable, a Loch view is amazing.
3  Thank No4Derby
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Travelled to this hotel with Lochs and Glens Holidays 21-25th March 2013. Have visited two other hotels owned by Lochs and Glens but returned here as I love the location and view from this hotel (you could pay 5* star prices and not have the benefit of the beautiful view from this hotel.

The traditional feel of the hotel appeals to me (hotel is not bland and corporate but has warmth and atmosphere). I was especially pleased to see that although it was several years since I visited the hotel the log fires were stil in operation despite the work this creates for staff. The weather was very cold but the hotel was kept very warm. Customer service is very much at the heart of Lochs and Glens Company and on speaking to Yvonne the Manager I felt she was very conscientious and welcomed guests opinions.

The repeat bookings for Lochs and Glens speak for themselves. I think this company manages to keep its prices low due to the numbers that re-book, it is not a greedy company e,g *I went on an optional excursion and was only charged £5 - most companies would have tried for a much higher mark up !). The drivers were informative, safe for the particulary hazardous roads that week and they vere friendly and upbeat (not easy when you are saying the same things over and over to different people every day and need to make your words appear original and fresh).

Rare to get so much included for the money nowadays. I am sure it was not the last time I will visit Loch Awe Hotel.

Room Tip: Single room was small and dark but fortunately I was allowed to swap to a bigger room that had not b...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank KatrinaBristolUK
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our first experience of a Lochs and Glens holiday staying at the Loch Awe Hotel and we were really impressed. The hotel was in a lovely position overlooking the Loch a view of which we had from our bedroom window. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, we had nothing but good impressions of the staff. Everyone was smiling and obviously took pride in their work. Nothing was too much trouble and they were friendly and approachable at all times. Meal times were organised and efficient and the food was plentiful and tasty. The excursions were well organised and informative. Our coach driver took the time to point out places of interest and went out of her way to show us fantastic views. All in all a fantastic break and one we hope to repeat in the future.

Room Tip: we had room 13 which was a family room. On the ground floor it had a great view of the loch.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VeraO539
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just arrived back home after a brilliant weeks stay at the Loch Awe hotel,
It was like stepping back 40 or more years in time, with much of the décor
original including open log fires in the lounges, the hotel sits by the loch, with
a train that passes to & from Oban along the shores of the loch.
The views are breathtaking, snow capped mountains watch over the lochs
& hills. Its a good base for exploring Loch Lomond, Rannoch moor, Glen co
& so much more.
The hotel is excellently run by very good staff, meals are good, & everything
has a traditional Scottish feel about it.

2  Thank baz_durrant
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lochs and Glens holidays use their own hotels in Scotlandand and if you want a holiday where you will get real value for money then these are the people to go with.
Great food and plenty of it. Fast service in the resaurant. Waiters who smile all day and clean comfortable rooms, then this is the place for you.
Nothing was to much trouble for them.

Room Tip: If yiu want aground floor room then try No 18.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Muthu Alexandra Hotel
Holly Tree Hotel
Holly Tree Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kentallen

Been to Loch Awe Hotel? Share your experiences!