“More than just a Place to Sleep”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodlands
Erindell Villa Guest House
Ranked #2 of 2 Woodlands B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2007

Without doubt, our 4 days with Shirley and Lou Spycalla at Erindell Villa Guesthouse in Montserrat were the most relaxing, enjoyable and uproariously funny days of our recent 3-week visit to 5 islands in the British, Dutch and French West Indies.

At our request, Shirley kindly arranged transportation to and from the airport as well as a rental vehicle which was brought to us at Erindell. With the "loaner" cell phone that Shirley & Lou provide, and the rental vehicle, we had the tools to be independent, but the Spycallas' charm made it difficult to tear ourselves away to see their beloved island. Shirley is a born entertainer -- a terrific raconteur, writer of prose and verse (both musical and otherwise), and a gifted musician. Lou's creativity shines in his wit and in the culinary arts. (We're told he has talents at the pool table and the golf course as well, but we did not witness these!)

The Erindell website (www.erindellvilla.com) advertises "Resort service at a B&B price" and this is absolutely true. Some of Erindell's services are, quite appropriately, fee-based (e.g., dinner). But through their making travel arrangements, volunteering to do laundry, chauffeuring people to a restaurant dinner and late-night visits to the Volcano observatory, etc. Lou and Shirley provide their guests the greatest possible gift -- the gift of their time.

For us, any future visit to Montserrat will be based on room availability at Erindell Villa.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CCDonna
There are newer reviews for Erindell Villa Guest House

Reviewed March 16, 2007

I went on a short 2 day visit for business and liked the island and people so much I'm taking my wife back soon. Shirley and Lou, owners of the guest house were the perfect hosts. They
know all you want to know about the island and I would encourage anyone to stay with them.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank omossjr
Reviewed February 18, 2007

Thanks to both Shirley and Lou for such a great time over new year... it seems such a long time ago, but realy not so far. As I said at the time, as well as being a wonderful experience, I learned so much as well, about the island, the people, politics, you name it... and had a few good beers, some diving, nice walks, got beaten badly at pool and had great food. Not to forget seeing that great big old volcanoe do its thing. Well, it looks like it has quietened down a little since New Year - I'm glad for all of you for that.

Erindell is beautiful and peaceful place, and a great base for exploring the island... and it's thanks to Shirley and Lou.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank jibberjabberbadger
Reviewed November 6, 2006

This was my first vist to Montserrat. A friend and I went there to operate HAM radio and compete in a world-wide competition. Lou and Shirley were excellent hosts. They let us put up our antennas where we wanted and even got permission from the neighbors.
Lou and Shirley made us feel right at home during our week long stay. Lou is an excellent cook. It was nice to have many things like a great breakfast, free laundry and periodic use of the internet all included in the price. It was a great visit. I recommend Erindell.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank CQ-DX
Reviewed September 26, 2006

A warm and welcoming place. Lou and Shirley are warm and friendly hosts. In addition to their friendliness you get loads of information and advice on how to navigate your stay on Montserrat.
Montserrat is a beautiful, quiet, peaceful and safe Caribbean island,
highly recommended as your island destination.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank jsergio
A TripAdvisor Member
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 12, 2006

I was on my first trip to the Caribbean with my dad in May 2006, and we lived at Erindell for the whole stay at Montserrat. My father had told me alot about both Shirley and Louie, since he has been at Erindell once before. I was absolutely stunned by their kindness and warmness. They open their home to you, like you're a member of their family, and they do everything in their position to make you comfortable.

One of my greatest memories has to be the lovely breakfast, where Lou serves a big variety of breakfast, including fruits and coffee. Shirley's ghoststories is also very interesting. Montserrat is full of history, and Shirley for sure knows alot about it.

I recommend this place to everybody, either you're a first-time traveller, or have been to the caribbean before.

I'm for sure comming back!

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 12, 2006

This was my 4th vist in 7 years and I've stayed with my Montserratian family, Lou and Shirley, each time. I have always felt at home. Their warmth is exceptional. My love for Montserrat and my recent land purchase are, in part, a product of their hospitality. Thank you, Lou and Shirley!!

John Paulson, Columbus Ohio

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Erindell Villa Guest House? Share your experiences!