See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 12, 2015

We recently took a holiday to the beautiful Maldives but needed on night near the hotel. I wasn't expecting much from this hotel but the reviews vs the price looked good and I don't mind an average room so long as it is clean.
However when we arrived to the airport late at night, we were picked up by the hotels taxi and driven off into Hulhumale. When away from the airport we were told that we were no longer staying at the Transitt inn but being taken to their sister hotel the Clearsky Inn. We were told this was much better and we should feel greatful for this. However it just made myself and my girlfriend feel very uneasy. When we arrived at the hotel, it was pretty much on a building site, the room smelt so strongly of air freshener the bathroom had no soap available and the windows looked into other buildings which were still under construction. The bed was the worst thing I have ever slept on and felt like I was sleeping on nothing but springs. Worst of all.... We were both covered in BEDBUG bites following our stay which became apparent on a very itch flight home the next morning.

Untrustworthy, deceitful and dirty!

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William P
Reviewed January 19, 2015 via mobile

On the positive side: 1)New place 2)Welcome drink with refreshing towel 3)Good room size & balcony with city view 4)Friendly staff 5)Good for airport transfer

On the negative side: 1)No elevator, only narrow stairs 2)No soap and very cheap toiletries 3)Wifi not reliable at all 4)Uncomfortable bed one can feel springs in the mattress 5) On december 29, the lamp above bed shattered from excess heat suddenly in the evening. Thanks God that it did no cause any harm 6)Breakfast was very basic and extremely small quantity

• Stayed: December 2014
3  Thank Sar0sar
Reviewed November 12, 2014

This is good for a night or two stay over and specially if you have some business to do in Hulhumale. It is about 500 m walk from the ferry jatty.
The rooms were clean and had Sat TV with a Lobby also. The package included a decent continental breakfast in the downstairs restaurants
can arrange a cab from here to the airport and it is about $9 for a cab to airport.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Indika K
shamaNaseer, Guest Relations Manager at Transit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2015

Thank you for your informative and positive feedback after your recent stay at the Inn transit. I am pleased to learn that our staff met your expectations. We always do our best to meet the demands of the guests.

Your comments have been shared with our staff so as to make our services better. We also have TV's fully equipped with various TV channels in all our rooms as of present and serve continental breakfast for a minimal fee for our guests as well.

We wish you the very best of luck and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Crashed there one night to take our flight home in the morning.
Bed is very bad. When we took a shower, the bathroom was under water.
They said they would arrange a breakfast in the morning..but the breakfast-place was closed. They offered us some cookies and a drink out of a store???? Then they called another place where we could have breakfast but then we had to take a taxi to that place and eat in about 10minutes because off our flight. So we asked to get some money back to eat at the airport. They gave us only 3 dollar back but we payed 59 dollar + 10% rate for the room + 18 dollar for the pick &drop at the airport!!!! TOOOO EXPENSIVE!
Their airport-drop would leave at 7a.m but in front of us their hotel-taxi left with some other people! They had to arrange another taxi for us. In the meanwhile I was pretty pissed of because of the breakfast and the stress of being in time at the airport!
They were not friendly at all, did not say sorry or goodbye or anything!
Would not reccomend this place at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Leen K
shamaNaseer, Guest Relations Manager at Transit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Transit Inn and I apologize that we have let you down. Unfortunately, we do not advertise free airport transfer and have always charged all our guests for airport transfer, as mentioned in our website and all the other travel websites we are registered on. The reason that airport transfer costs more than a normal taxi fair is because normal taxi's are not allowed to travel that route and only 2 or 3 taxi's are given the permit to do so and they charge a lot more than an ordinary taxi would. We further do not control the airport taxi service, which was why, there was nothing we could do when the taxi would rather take somebody else. However, I believe that we did arrange you the transfer in the end. But I also agree it was very stressful for you and I apologize for the inconvenience.

I apologize wholeheartedly with regard to the problem you had with breakfast arrangement. It was unexpected and unforeseeable. But however, there is absolutely no excuse for that. As we provide a very simple breakfast and charge a minimal amount, I believe the staff has refunded the amount for breakfast.

Thank you for taking your time to leave us your comments. We realize we have a lot to improve on. The other things you have mentioned in your comments have also been shared with our staff and members and we have taken good measures to ensure that they would be corrected in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel was clean and was as per the pictures on the booking sites. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. special mention of Shassa who was very helpful and guided/informed us of what to do and where to go. Hotel pickup was on time but the return journey was a nightmare due to the drivers recklessness (no fault of the hotel though) . wifi was working well. The beach is just a 2 min walk. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel. would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Nirmal G
shamaNaseer, Guest Relations Manager at Transit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback after your recent stay at the Inn transit. I am pleased to learn that our staff met your expectations. We always do our best to meet the demands of the guests.

I would once again like to apologize for the drivers recklessness. I have brought it to the attention of the company that owns the vehicle.

We do have special discounts for returning customers. Please contact us via our website/email to get the full benefit before your arrival if you would like to stay with us again. We hope to see you again with us.

Thanks again for your comments which I have shared with our staff.